DIS Fit - New Hopes, Dreams & Goals - Chit Chat Thread

I agree about the raccoon situation. Hope it warmed up for you.
I dug my lazy butt to do groceries at 9am. Then rocked and relaxed. My SIL dropped by with my nephew, so we had burgers on the BBQ for supper.

Your cruise sounds wonderful @hdrolfe . I’m glad kiddo can get out, I love hearing the kids playing, I have a park/school across the street, and it makes me happy to hear them. I hope the next two weeks go well for you.

@Donald - my hero , I hope you are all right :love2:, I haven’t seen you post much, and for some reason, you have been in my thoughts.
Thanks for the kind words and thoughts :) life has been a real struggle lately, my dad died mid-January (he had been very ill for a long time but Covid managed to take him down), last week marked a year since our daughter's wife left her and she chose that day to say she now wants a divorce (they had gone the route of legal separation but i guess she wants a full break?), my treatments for my BiPolar disorder were abruptly stopped at the end of February because of staffing issues related to COVID (both techs quit from the overwork and underappreciation from admin), our D-I-L's mom died suddenly so I've had to step up to take a more active roll in parenting a pregnant couple (hard balancing act, don't want to be overbearing but she needs extra support right now), I had a colonoscopy in March (just me being proactive with my health care due to a strong family history) and had a horrific reaction to the prep that led to Ischemic Colitis (fancy pants way of saying the extreme inflammation of my colon caused by lack of blood flow due to severe dehydration) that landed me in the ER for many hours in the midst of many actively puking COVID-19 patients (like a LOT, think Poltergeist level 🤮🤮) so I couldn't go to a family bridal shower due to being a close contact. Get the picture? Life ain't round in the Duck Pond right now. It might look like I'm floating along but I'm paddling as fast as I can under the water and caught in the weeds.

I'm getting thru each day as best as I can, my hubby is my rock and supports me implicitly. I've got the new grandbaby to look forward to and that little nugget gives me the hope I need to push forward. I don't have a lot of mental energy left most days to post but I read everything on every post in the CDN forum, just to stay connected. (other than tonight it seems, my mind is racing and I've blabbered on too much!)

I'm getting thru each day as best as I can, my hubby is my rock and supports me implicitly. I've got the new grandbaby to look forward to and that little nugget gives me the hope I need to push forward. I don't have a lot of mental energy left most days to post but I read everything on every post in the CDN forum, just to stay connected. (other than tonight it seems, my mind is racing and I've blabbered on too much!)
Just keep swimming :hug: That is alot for any one person to handle.

The warm weather still hasn't reached our area of northern Alberta yet :sad1: I am still amazed at how much the weather effects my mental health - even with a fantastic mid winter break trip to Florida in February. Even though the snow is gone, I need to see green grass, leaves on the trees and feel some sunshine warmth. We are sitting on pins and needles to be able to get outside and enjoy all the summer activities we enjoy - fishing, quading, camping.

We have a few loose plans for the summer. Aug is pretty much fully booked. It seems to be the month everyone wants to do all their activities. Other than Aug having some definite plans, we are hoping to get out and enjoy our short short summer.

Crossing my fingers that soon the warmer weather comes.

Thanks for the kind words and thoughts :) life has been a real struggle lately, my dad died mid-January (he had been very ill for a long time but Covid managed to take him down), last week marked a year since our daughter's wife left her and she chose that day to say she now wants a divorce (they had gone the route of legal separation but i guess she wants a full break?), my treatments for my BiPolar disorder were abruptly stopped at the end of February because of staffing issues related to COVID (both techs quit from the overwork and underappreciation from admin), our D-I-L's mom died suddenly so I've had to step up to take a more active roll in parenting a pregnant couple (hard balancing act, don't want to be overbearing but she needs extra support right now), I had a colonoscopy in March (just me being proactive with my health care due to a strong family history) and had a horrific reaction to the prep that led to Ischemic Colitis (fancy pants way of saying the extreme inflammation of my colon caused by lack of blood flow due to severe dehydration) that landed me in the ER for many hours in the midst of many actively puking COVID-19 patients (like a LOT, think Poltergeist level 🤮🤮) so I couldn't go to a family bridal shower due to being a close contact. Get the picture? Life ain't round in the Duck Pond right now. It might look like I'm floating along but I'm paddling as fast as I can under the water and caught in the weeds.

That is a lot to deal with. I send you love and strength. I am so glad you have such a supportive husband. You snuggle and love that baby 🥰
You did not blabber too much, I get it, I am the same way. i hope your daughter can get through that heartbreak and find someone to appreciate her.

On most days I don’t have much mental energy either, I hear you there. I find myself posting and reading less. i go in spurts.

I am glad you posted. 🌈

The warm weather still hasn't reached our area of northern Alberta yet :sad1: I am still amazed at how much the weather effects my mental health - even with a fantastic mid winter break trip to Florida in February. Even though the snow is gone, I need to see green grass, leaves on the trees and feel some sunshine warmth. We are sitting on pins and needles to be able to get outside and enjoy all the summer activities we enjoy - fishing, quading, camping.

We have a few loose plans for the summer. Aug is pretty much fully booked. It seems to be the month everyone wants to do all their activities. Other than Aug having some definite plans, we are hoping to get out and enjoy our short short summer.

Crossing my fingers that soon the warmer weather comes.

It was the weekend, and Monday was so cold and windy, lol. But it looks like it’s returning for the upcoming weekend, and going forward from there. I hope it spreads you you, 😀

I feel the same way, we also were in Florida, but over Xmas, and it’s like we never went 🤷‍♀️. It feels like it was moons ago. The sun/warmth definitely alters my mind too. I am not a cold weather person, and tend to hibernate

I bought a long sleeved t-shirt recently that says "I don't winter well" and it is my favourite shirt now. So me. The weekend was lovely, but it was cold again yesterday, and still cloudy today. I hope it does warm up! But I am taking my dad to an eye appointment Friday so I'm sure it will rain, always does when I drive :) when my sister does it, lovely weather! Oh well, rain is better than snow at least!

I agree with you all saying you were in Florida and it barely feels like you went. My trip was end of October but even when we got back it felt like it was too rushed. I am really looking forward to my cruise, but I am worried it'll feel too quick as well. I want to be able to relax and enjoy it, no stress, but I'm sure I'll spend a good portion of it worrying. At least filing season is over, I work for CRA and can finally relax a bit! Work is still crazy since we are waiting for my new manager to start in a few weeks. It's a bit stressful, but I am looking at it as just payment to really earning that vacation.

Interesting kid news, he's become quite obsessed with having his hair a certain way, wearing certain clothes, he wants a chain (not a necklace, don't call it that mom!) and keeps asking how he can get bigger muscles. He is very lean and pretty tall (as tall as me at least already). So he eats, a lot. To gain muscle of course. I guess at 12 he turns into some kind of young man instead of a boy? Growing up too fast.

Did get to the gym again tonight. I have been trying to get there at least 3 - 4 times a week. I must say, I do prefer to go there to get my steps in and get some exercise. I don't have to worry about how cold it is outside or if it's windy and need to bundle up and wear little mitts and a headband to keep the ears covered.

Hopefully soon it does warm up so I can get walking outside and soak up all the sunshine we can get.

ANA test result came back (family Dr. is searching for a autoimmune disease ).
One step forward ................................ but now I just need an appointment with a half decent Rheumatologist.

Nuclear Antibody ANA
POSITIVE

Test performed using indirect immunofluorescence
antibody technique.
Nuclear Antibody Titre
HI 1:80
< 1:80

Nuclear Antibody Pattern:
Speckled pattern
Nuclear Antibody Interpretatio

Speckled pattern is seen in Sjogren's syndrome,
SLE, subacute cutaneous lupus erythematosus,
neonatal lupus erythematosus, congenital heart
block, dermatomyositis, systemic sclerosis,
SSc-autoimmune overlap syndrome, mixed connective
tissues disease, and undifferentiated connective
tissue disease.

No way am I trying to sort through that list and Google is not my friend.
Better days ahead.
Hugs
Mel

1651674228746.png

Last edited:
Hugs from me too @bababear_50
I agree, you are closer. I hope you find a good rheumatologist, mine is a Godsend. Very understanding.

I do have Sjogrens, was diagnosed quite a few years ago now. I think I’ve said that, maybe on repeat 🥹

Hugs from me too @bababear_50
I agree, you are closer. I hope you find a good rheumatologist, mine is a Godsend. Very understanding.

I do have Sjogrens, was diagnosed quite a few years ago now. I think I’ve said that, maybe on repeat 🥹
Hi Hon
Well I honestly think the diagnosis is going to be Sjogrens,, but hey I am just a patient here ,,,lol.
I'm going to talk to a couple of my nieces that are RNs and see if they know of anyone good.

I am very sorry you got the sjogrens diagnosis and am so happy you found a good Rheumatologist.
Thanks for sharing,, it makes me feel less alone right now.🤗

Hugs Hon

Mel

Last edited:
Happy Weekend!

This week felt long. So happy 😁 The weather has once again shown us how lovely it can be. My best friend, and really only friend I speak to, is coming tomorrow :banana:. We will shop, shop, shop, sit on the deck, then we have reservations at a brasserie on the reserve, so we will probably play a little slots after. I am not a big gambler, but she loves it! I am just looking forward to some chitchatting. Sunday is a hard day, so I hope it goes by quickly.

Enjoy the weekend everyone 😘

This week felt long. So happy 😁 The weather has once again shown us how lovely it can be. My best friend, and really only friend I speak to, is coming tomorrow :banana:. We will shop, shop, shop, sit on the deck, then we have reservations at a brasserie on the reserve, so we will probably play a little slots after. I am not a big gambler, but she loves it! I am just looking forward to some chitchatting. Sunday is a hard day, so I hope it goes by quickly.
Sending you many tight hugs. For many, it is a bittersweet day. Just another reminder of different path you have to walk on. No one should or wants to belong to the club that you do - but unfortunately it is a reality for so many. Just know that even though many people are posting about what a " wonderful mother's day" they may be having, some of us are thinking of people like you where their mother's day totally sucks and were wishing for a different reality.

49ogip.jpg

I was a bad, bad girl this weekend. Need to get back on track with my watching what I eat.
I was also a little indulgent too this weekend. I did step on the scale this morning and I still lost a little bit....but still need to get back into healthier habits again.

As side note...we also have accumulated snow. It finally got cold enough last night that the snow/rain ick that has been falling since Friday finally stuck around :sad: I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooo extremely tired of winter and am seriously wondering why we live in this part of the country.

I was also a little indulgent too this weekend. I did step on the scale this morning and I still lost a little bit....but still need to get back into healthier habits again.

As side note...we also have accumulated snow. It finally got cold enough last night that the snow/rain ick that has been falling since Friday finally stuck around :sad: I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooo extremely tired of winter and am seriously wondering why we live in this part of the country.

Oh gawd that 4 letter nasty word 🥵

I wasn’t the best either,I was very active,it’s just the eating out, and had a few drinks, very unlike me. We were so excited to eat on the patio, 21 and sunny, and boy was it nice to do that.
I SO want to call in sick one day this week, but can’t pick a day, lol. I have missed one day, at that was a Friday, so I don’t want it to look like a habit being the same day, you know ? Maybe Thursday, I’ll wait fior an updated forecast, but I saw 30 by Friday, so…then again, quite possibly I wont 🤷‍♀️I end up feeling guilty. Not really a big problem, but i will obsess over it. Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter