DIS Fit - New Hopes, Dreams & Goals - Chit Chat Thread

Mel, try putting some things into ziplock freezer bags and squeezing out the air as you close it up. It doesn't help with the weight but it will give you a little more room. Also roll your clothes instead of folding. You can get more in.

Have a great time. I would love to get away from this weather right now. Post while you're away so we can live vicariously through you.

Hoodies are my problem...... lol
I love my Hoodies,,,,,, yep I had 4 of them crammed in there and now I'm down to 2.
But I still really want my light purple one...hmmmmmm.... maybe I can wear two on the plane or fit one in my flight bag?
OR
Maybe I could just buy a new one there?
I forgot to buy the Laundry sheets so I'm off to Canadian Tire to pick some up.
Hugs Mel

20230221_204335.jpg

One of 6 blocks I have for gd new quilt! I'm trying to find a matching green to add for the sashing between the blocks and then to add as a boarder with the yellow. The back will be Grey minky fabric. Imnalso trying to decide if I should using a light batting or if it will be good without the batting since I'm using a minky (fuzzy/fluffy) fabric on the back.

Hoping to work on it again tonight and on the weekend again since the weather is not so great right now. Perfect for sitting at my sewing machine :flower:

Love the symmetry of that block. You are very precise with your sewing machine. I would never be able to get it looking so perfect with my machine.

Does the backing show through the background of your block. If so you may be able to use a piece of light coloured flannelette instead of warmer/thicker batting. Just my two nickels. (can't say cents anymore as we don't have them)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter