• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DIS Fit - New Hopes, Dreams & Goals - Chit Chat Thread

Gosh...they are sooo cute....but such a nuisance and can be destructive little critters. They sure are cute and smart little guys
Yeah they are kind of cute but I have a forest area one block over they could move to...lol
Now the bunnies chewing my 8 foot rose climber down to half a foot is another matter.
Not feeling to happy with the Easter bunny and his family right now.
Condo management is coming out Thursday to have a look.

Opinions please

I am thinking of getting rid of my DVC contracts..........................
The game plan was to use them during retirement but my life has changed quite a bit in the past 5 years.
I am disappointed in the direction Disney has gone.

Menus ingredients not secure ,,severe allergy here.
No Magical express transportation.
No half decent Before and After hours
Packing the parks to extreme capacity
No spontaneity anymore, having to make Park reservations ...
Charging a premium on old rides and having to pre-book them at 7 am.
Park ticket increases.
Resort Pool area becoming heavily congested.

50% rule of borrowing from next years points

Right now I feel like the Parks could be a once in awhile visit--every 3-4 years.
I know Airmiles might not be around for ever but I can easily save enough in one year to cover a stay at Universal Studios.

Any thoughts
Thanks
Hugs Mel

Last edited:

Get out while you can (just my opinion). Not having them gives you a lot of flexibility.

Add up your maintenance fees. That's probably a pretty nice hotel room right there. You'll be able to watch for deals on rooms and take advantage. I know there are people who like them because it's an easy way to budget for a holiday each year. While you were teaching it was a great way to ensure you would be able to go at the busy times you had available to you. I've always looked at Timeshares (DVC) as prepaying for a holiday instead of pay as you go.

Pay as you go might suit your new soon to be retired life better. You'll have lots of time soon to investigate other places to stay and mix them up for variety. You may decide you want to go to Arizona instead of Florida some years...

This all assumes you can get a decent amount back on them from their sale.

That's my two cents (or nickels these days)

I don't know much about DVC points and how it works.

We love Disney and Universal, but we also want to do things other than parks. The world has soooo much to offer, experience and see. And with the way Disney is going - it will definitely limit how often we will take the grandkids. We had dreamed of taking them often, but sadly, I don't think that will happen with the pricing. We could have a pretty awesome all inclusive stay somewhere for the same price, and come home relaxed and rejuvinated....and not dragging our bu&s from trying to make the most of every minute in Florida.

We wouldn't want to just keep experiencing the same things over and over when there are so many amazing places to see for the same cost. We love both types of holidays...sitting in the sun relaxing, and go go go to experience whatever the around us to explore.

But this is just my 2 cents.

View attachment 664792

View attachment 664793

Sitting in the garden drinking tea and enjoying doing nothing.
I must admit a person could get used to this!

Happy Monday
Hugs Mel
How wonderful! I hope you enjoy every minute of it ❤️
I have never had DVC, so I don’t know about that. Take your time, think about it well before you make a decision. My Father left me his home in Florida, and although paid, I’ve still taxes to pay, pills, maintenance, etc. My husband is really trying to get me to sell. We have not really gone much in the past 3 years. I told him we will decide, or I will 😉, after Xmas.

April is such a difficult month for me, but I decided to dance daily. I started slowly, and now dance 1 hour after supper. It really helps the mood, and the mind. I used to dance for hours, and can’t believe that 1 hour does me in, but we age, and working from home has not been good for me in the exercise department.

Hi everyone

It's time to Dance!!
This is what I dance on
1651016322443.png
It has no springs ...just bungee bands so the step or jump is very soft for my joints.
I think it's time to get back into a regular routine as I have fallen off the wagon/trampoline in the past few months.

Today was my major blood work day ,,,gosh the Lab was busy ,,,wait times for regular blood work is over a month right now.
We've been searching for an autoimmune disease/disorder since 2017 and it just seems like a never ending battle to get a diagnosis.
And Covid has not helped the situation. Family Dr. feels we are closer now.

It's kind of weird I have saved up and bought a bunch of small point contracts with DVC since 2007 and never thought I'd consider selling them. I actually thought my sons would be upset if I sold .... but they are like mom it's yours do what ever makes you happy.

Homes/cottages left by family members are a whole other ball game ,,such an emotional bond when dealing with them.
I know I miss my Dad's place in Texas but with step mommy dearest in residence I'd never go there.
My brother's Condo took me forever to part with it,, even though I hate heights and it was a PH Condo overlooking Lake Ontario.
with a million dollar view ,,,I just couldn't enjoy the view.

Well time to put my favorite video on and get moving

Hugs
Mel

Oh that’s so neat looking @bababear_50 . !

I hope you get some answers with your bloods. I have been down that road, and sometimes still go back on it. I don’t want anymore diagnosed.

I am hoping they are right with the weekend forecast, I see 15 and 17 with pure sun. i picked up an egg chair on sale two weeks ago at home hardware, and would like to rock on it, and get some vitamins.

We are trying to decide on a long weekend getaway (driving) for the long weekend. I took a few extra days off. So far it’s Delaware, but not quite sure yet.

I have no emotional attachment, my father was an absentee, it’s purely just a second home. But Covid has just showed us a different twist.

Today was my major blood work day ,,,gosh the Lab was busy ,,,wait times for regular blood work is over a month right now.
We've been searching for an autoimmune disease/disorder since 2017 and it just seems like a never ending battle to get a diagnosis.
And Covid has not helped the situation. Family Dr. feels we are closer now.
I hope you find answers soon. That's a long time to be trying to find the root cause of the symptoms your experiencing.

What a GORGEOUS day!! We went out for breakfast today, a few errands after that, then we came home and cleaned our deck and put out the patio furniture, My Egg chair is up, 🥰. Tomorrow is supposed to be almost 20 and pure sun, I plan to rock and relax. I need to do groceries, but blah, I don’t want to lol. I had an MRI with contrast after work yesterday, and as usual, they never can find my veins, I’m so banged up, and have a lot of petechia, but it’ll pass.
I hope everyone is well, and enjoying the weekend 🍷

Happy weekend everyone!

Enjoy the nice weather and your new chair Mommasita.
Yard clean up and set up for me this weekend.
The Racoons have vacated their residence and Monday the entrance is going to be sealed shut.

I'm still hoping the temp goes up a bit here. ( only going up to 12 today).

Hugs
Mel

1651415913540.png

Last edited:
Glad to hear the racoon situation is getting resolved I was just about to ask about it.

As for work in the garden, I will be repairing holes in the lawn caused by my land shark deciding to dig where he shouldn't. The people at puppy class said I should give him a place in the yard where he can dig. (ie make him a sandbox for that purpose) That's not going to happen I'll just work on behaviour modification until the snow come next year. That he will be allowed to dig in to his hearts content.

It looks like it will be a glorious day here as well.

I am happy the weather finally seems to be warming up. Kiddo can get out of the house! I can get out walking too. I will need it for the next few weeks. My boss has left the team and I get to replace him for two weeks, then the new manager starts. No idea what she will be like, but she has no experience with my workloads so it will be a lot of learning for her.

We are cruising in 3 weeks, I can't wait. I booked a guaranteed cabin and it still isn't assigned, but I only care so I can print the luggage tags! A whole week where kiddo can eat as much as he wants (and i dont have to cook or do the dishes), try everything, and I even splurged for him to have the non alcoholic drink package, and am planning to get one for me too, I just can't decide if I will drink or not. We are driving to New Jersey, it will be my first time driving to and in the US, but I think it will be ok. If only Florida wasn't so far we could drive there someday.

Enjoy the weekend!

I agree about the raccoon situation. Hope it warmed up for you.
I dug my lazy butt to do groceries at 9am. Then rocked and relaxed. My SIL dropped by with my nephew, so we had burgers on the BBQ for supper.

Your cruise sounds wonderful @hdrolfe . I’m glad kiddo can get out, I love hearing the kids playing, I have a park/school across the street, and it makes me happy to hear them. I hope the next two weeks go well for you.

@Donald - my hero , I hope you are all right :love2:, I haven’t seen you post much, and for some reason, you have been in my thoughts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter