Lesley & Joseph DCL Wedding - Updated 5/8

Our Wedding Bands

Joe is not a big fan of jewelry so we got him something he was going to be comfortable wearing.
E23D01CD-6F17-43F2-A89F-749946E698F7-3570-0000016C3E8C28AD_zps4f40155d.jpg

Since my engagement ring has a wide band, I didn't want something to big but something that had a little sparkle. Eventually the bands will be all as one, but here is just the band.
62A5694E-A1F4-4534-A841-50862BB72963-3570-0000016C38F99298_zpsa991b01f.jpg

We leave for Florida in 41 days! It's been so gloomy here in NY. I'm ready for some sunshine!

Our cruise is in 45 days, I'm dreaming of sunshine and blue skies ...

49D569D8-E4C8-48A4-B57F-1C546F7919F5-3570-0000016C46BEA2BF_zps51d51314.jpg

Your wedding band is perfect, I think!

I love you DIY projects...I think one of my faves is the shower curtain ring tags for your welcome bags...so clever and they turned out adorable!!!

Thanks for the beachy picture, I'm drooling over here!!! Nice to have a distraction from the bitter cold 19 degrees we've got here!

Brooke

I'm so excited for your wedding to be here since mine is so soon after. I need to get back into craft mode & finish up my projects.

Just caught up on your PJ. All your DIY projects and ideas are so cute. Dipping the corks in coconut scent - that is so amazingly clever! And all your ideas are so complementary! I love the welcome bag tags, another very clever idea. I was thinking about trying to make some porthole magnets/cruise decorations for our next cruise-but seriously, people steal them? On a Disney cruise? That's so depressing. Nevertheless it's nice to see you can't really tell the difference between the magnet paper ones and the laminated ones.

Anyway, really enjoying the PJ. Looking forward to reading more!

Thank you ... I appreciate the compliments :)
That's what I have read, and a recent DCL bride mentioned that magnets she made were stolen on her wedding cruise. I should have personalized mine, then maybe someone wouldn't feel the urge to steal? :furious: It makes me mad that people would do that!

Your wedding band is perfect, I think!

I love you DIY projects...I think one of my faves is the shower curtain ring tags for your welcome bags...so clever and they turned out adorable!!!

Thanks for the beachy picture, I'm drooling over here!!! Nice to have a distraction from the bitter cold 19 degrees we've got here!

Brooke

Thank you! I liked the curve to it so it wasn't hiding behind my rock, lol. The tags were not exactly how I wanted them, but they work. My DF said to me after making some and ripping them apart " Seriously, they are just adhered to the bag. They probably won't even notice them?" Men ... I'm not sure they quite get it, LOL. It's been cold here too in NY, I am so sick and tired of the gloomy weather. I can't remember the last time I saw the sun. I'm glad that picture is distracting you :cool1:

I'm so excited for your wedding to be here since mine is so soon after. I need to get back into craft mode & finish up my projects.

Amber, don't rush me! LOL ... Just kidding! Yours is right around the corner too, I am sure you are ecstatic!
We are ready. I think I am more ready for the vacation then the wedding. Just when I think I am done, I add something else in the mix. I still need to work on the flowers :headache:

Lesley I just realized that you had hit your 45 day mark, did you get all of your requests from your planning guide?

Lesley I just realized that you had hit your 45 day mark, did you get all of your requests from your planning guide?

I am still waiting to hear back from Meredith! I emailed her on Friday and she said I would hear back sometime this week ... I will be sure to let you know when I do hear back!

Just for our door ... I thought I would add a few more magnets ..

I found the plain name badge files from one of the DISigners ... all I did was add our names and New York :)
6881A670-C317-49E5-9F03-1234A77CD178-5638-0000023FCA2BF389_zps0ef20010.jpg

This DISign was requested and completed by Mandy over at absolute_Mandy's disigns!
47FA75D9-BE08-4A1B-8DDA-4625F7F59D7D-5638-0000023FB01D3E55_zpscb292d9c.jpg

I printed both on photo paper, laminated them, cut them out and attached a magnet to the back.

Lesley,

I love your magnets! I really need to get going on that, but I have one problem, No printer! LOL

Since you turned in your planning guide, did you do any special requests? What did you choose for your cake flavors and fillings?

Oh thanks again for the template unfortunately I can't edit it :(. It was worth a shot, looking at getting Pages

Jodi

1EvilQueenfan said:
Lesley,

I love your magnets! I really need to get going on that, but I have one problem, No printer! LOL

Since you turned in your planning guide, did you do any special requests? What did you choose for your cake flavors and fillings?

Oh thanks again for the template unfortunately I can't edit it :(. It was worth a shot, looking at getting Pages

Jodi

Hi Jodi,

I wondered how you made out on the template. I'm sorry you couldn't edit it. If you gave me your information and or what you wanted on it, as long as you weren't changing it all I could update it and email it to you with your names, etc. That's about the most I could do right now. After the wedding, I'm sure I could help you out a little more. Or check out pages, I think you should be able to do a free trial for a month.

Yes, a printer! You can buy a cheap one that will still do the trick. Just read the reviews before you buy. I had one before the one I had now that I bought for $40 and it worked great for what I used it for.

We chose the Under the Sea cake. We were told if we found a small bottle that they could incorporate it in the cake. One problem, still haven't found the small bottle!!! Our flavors, very plain, vanilla with vanilla and chocolate with chocolate. I like a white cake chocolate always seems dry to me. But Joe loves chocolate so we did both.

We requested a specific dining rotation and seating chart. I'm still waiting to hear back on our requests. Other than that, nothing out of the ordinary. I am hoping I hear back from Meredith today. Today marks our 44 days mark until the wedding!

Thanks Lesley! I'm going to see what I can do and if I can't find the free trial I'll probably take you up on the offer :)!

I can't believe you are at 44 days!!! Yay how exciting. Are you getting nervous?

We are also choosing the under the sea cake! Not sure about flavors and fillings yet but we have plenty of time!

Preliminary Itinerary Paperwork:

Dining:
We requested ERA rotation (Enchanted Garden, Royal Palace, Animator's Palate). We are MAIN seating. With all the kiddos coming along, they would never make it to the second seating! Our paperwork indicates that it has been requested and we won't find out until we are onboard. Quite the bummer. We were assigned one 10 top; two 8 tops; and one six top.

Hair Appointments:
We confirmed appointments for my daughter and I. I was really surprised when Meredith said that Mara could get her hair done as I thought it was adults only. She said as long as she was with me, I swore I had heard differently. But, I am excited that the reservations are confirmed. What a fun time we will have together.

Cake:
We decided on the Under the Sea Cake. Top tier is Vanilla with Vanilla Bean Butter Cream and bottom tier is Chocolate with Chocolate Truffle Mousse - I know, we are very plain!:rotfl:

Drinks:
For the toast, we went with whatever was included. Joe and I are not big champagne drinkers, we wanted wine and beer, but it was going to be per person, we decided to skip it. We requested Iced Tea and Water as alternate beverages for those who do not want the champagne or sparkling cider. I was really surprised that there was not other options for kids, like fruit punch! They suggested soda, but half the kids are coming are under 10 and soda is not big in our family for the kids. Hopefully the kids will be okay with water for an hour? My daughter only drinks milk, it's her choice, I swear she could drink it straight from the cow if she could. Even milk wasn't an option.

Ceremony Time & Location:
Our ceremony will be from 4-5pm at the Outlook, Deck 14.

Song Selections:
Prelude - Maybe I'm Amazed (instrumental)
Processional - Yellow (instrumental)
Recessional - Flightless Bird (instrumental)
Cake Cutting - What a Wonderful World - pianist
First Dance - Yellow
Additional Songs - Pianist Choice

I would have preferred all of our songs be played on the piano, no longer permitted to submit sheet music. Most of our songs are instrumental on the piano.

You know when you receive these ... your vacation is right around the corner! I've been sick with the flu last week and this week ... I'm really looking forward to our vacation ... um, wedding! :lmao:

30days until we leave for Disney!

B89BD97A-1193-4AF4-9F79-1E4E07622F6D-4226-0000015E29945BDA_zps87ab6846.jpg

2B54C78C-F2C4-422D-B86B-9A9E601E8675-4226-0000015E16F983CA_zps66a22a6c.jpg

Gifts

We bought these for our nieces that are attending the wedding. I bought them from a vendor on Etsy, you can find her here.

This is how they were packaged and sent to me

8F17133F-D8F4-47FD-A403-24F0A76E57BF-4226-0000015DD7F3D321_zps2483cf9f.jpg

As you can see, she put the age on a sticker on the outside ... I thought that was great. But I had to look ...

E574735C-1259-47B1-A179-21B63DB96ABD-4226-0000015DDFF07CE7_zps90cf8e3f.jpg

Aren't they adorable??

I also bought them magnetic earrings and placed them in the same box. I also bought pearl stickers that can be worn as "earrings" incase they didn't feel comfortable with the magnetic earrings. My nieces all like to be sparkly, so I doubt that they will not want to wear them. :)

77DC76E9-8520-4033-A914-0D10A6553E6D-4226-0000015DE8C559EF_zps8f4f51b1.jpg

I took a clear bag and cut them up in 1 inch squares. I decided to do the earrings on two separate squares because they kept "attacking" eachother when I tried putting them on one!

I bought a multi pack at Claire's ... and I bought the pearl stickers at Michaels.
(My daughter used to wear these or the rhinestone ones before we discovered the magnetic earrings.)

8E9503B2-D85C-4291-9724-EA321E1FCF14-4226-0000015E01FD16F0_zps433fc257.jpg

6C90B51F-39E1-4B92-AB15-D7D296D46244-4226-0000015DF1F035BF_zps509fd031.jpg

Those are precious, I wish our nieces were able to go. I'm getting pretty anxious and would start packing now if Terin wouldn't think I was crazy for doing so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!