New Disney Ships: News, Rumors, Speculation.....and Names!

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by RedSox68, Sep 13, 2016.

1. RedSox68

RedSox68 Just working to pay for cruising

So, here we go again. Thought I throw in a new thread so we can start talking about the new ships.

What ship names would you like to see, who would you like to see in the atrium and aft, restaurant theme ideas, etc. So have at it..........

FOR NEW SHIPS:

Meyer Werft link:

http://www.meyerwerft.de/en/meyerwe...ffe/disney_cruise_line/disney_cruise_line.jsp

http://www.meyerwerft.de/en/meyerwerft_de/werft/das_unternehmen/webcam/webcam.jsp

News:

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2018/03/first-look-at-disneys-next-ships/

http://www.meyerwerft.de/en/meyerwerft_de/medien/presseticker/pressemitteilung_detail_22081.jsp

http://dclnews.com/2016/03/03/disney-cruise-line-announces-two-new-ships-2/

https://disneycruiselineblog.com/20...-lng-fueled-cruise-ships-beginning-late-2021/

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/disney-cruise-line-plans-year-round-miami-presence/ar-BBNceBT

Estimated Launch Dates
    (more details will be added as they are released):

Ship 1 ~~ 2021
    Ship 2 ~~ 2022
    Ship 3 ~~ 2023

Rumors:

One of the new ships may sail an Asian itinerary
    Newest: One of the ships may stay on West Coast and do Alaska and Hawaii
    Rumors of trips to/from Australia

Suggested Names (alphabetical):

Disney Adventure(s)
    Disney Atlantis
    Disney Believe
    Disney Black Pearl
    Disney Bliss
    Disney Charm
    Disney Discovery
    Disney Empress
    Disney Enchanted
    Disney Enchantment
    Disney Enchantress
    Disney Endeavour
    Disney Falcon
    Disney Figment
    Disney Flight
    Disney Flying Dutchman
    Disney Frontier
    Disney Galaxy
    Disney Grace
    Disney Heart
    Disney Hope
    Disney Imagination
    Disney Imagine
    Disney Kingdom
    Disney Legacy
    Disney Legend
    Disney Liberty
    Disney Lillian
    Disney Marvel
    Disney Nautilus
    Disney Ocean
    Disney Pearl
    Disney Spirit
    Disney Star
    Disney Tomorrow
    Disney Triton
    Disney Vision
    Disney Wish
    Disney Wishes
    Disney World

Suggested Atrium Characters:

Ariel
    Blue Fairy
    Captain Hook
    Cinderella's Fairy Godmother
    Daisy
    Elsa/Anna/Olaf
    Figmen
    Goofy
    Mary Poppins & penguin or Bert
    Pirate Mickey
    Pluto
    Roy Disney
    Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs
    Steamboat Mickey
    Tinkerbell and Peter Pan
    Walt Disney
    Wendy and Peter Pan

Suggested Bow Art

Figment
    Helmsman Mickey
    Tinkerbell
    Tuxedo Mickey

Suggested Aft Characters

Aladdin and Genie/Aladdin on Magic Carpet
    Chip and Dale
    Figment
    Genie
    Gepetto and Pinocchio
    Mary Poppins and umbrella
    Peter Pan and Tinkerbell
    Stitch (upside down painting name)
    Tarzan and Jane
    Ursula

Suggested New Restaurant Themes:

Alice in Wonderland theme
    Asian to honor Mulan
    Big Band themed restaurant based on the 20's, 30's or 40's with dinner shows & dancing!
    British (like Rose & Crown) to honor Mary Poppins, Peter Pan, etc.
    The Brown Derby
    German to honor Show White
    Hawaiian themed to honor Moana
    Mexican to honor Coco
    Norwegian to honor Frozen
    A Steakhouse!

{I would like to add that putting in one or more of these restaurants for dinner should require that the character it represents make regular appearances ::yes::}

TO HONOR CURRENT SHIPS (thanks to mmouse37):

Disney Magic - Godmother Patricia Disney, Atrium statue Helmsmen Mickey, Bow art Sorcerer Mickey, Aft statue Goofy with paintbrushes

Disney Wonder - Godmother Tinkerbell, Atrium statue Ariel, Bow art Steamboat Willie, Aft statue Donald and nephews

Disney Dream - Godmother Jennifer Hudson, Atrium statue Admiral Donald, Bow art Captain Mickey, Aft statue Sorcerer Mickey with Mops

Disney Fantasy - Godmother Mariah Carey, Atrium statue Mademoiselle Minnie, Bow art Sorcerer Mickey, Aft statue Timothy Mouse and Dumbo

Also check out mmouse37 post #22 in this thread to see the pictures of the art.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
    dclpluto and Norma Cook like this.
  2. mmouse37

mmouse37 DCL Diva!!

I would like to see Tinkerbell in the Atrium. I think she would make a great atrium statue!!

As far as names....I'll go with what many others have said in other threads...Disney Wish and Disney Imagination or Disney Believe.

And some will say that "Imagination" is already used by Carnival but as the past has proven, many cruise lines use the same name for ships as other cruise lines.

MJ

tcufrog and mevelandry like this.
  3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor Let Dreams Unlimited Travel plan your perfect Disney vacation!

4. dclpluto

dclpluto DIS Veteran

She is the godmother of the wonder so don't see it happening.

5. RedSox68

For names, I'd like to see Disney Wishes and Disney Imagination or even Disney Flight if you have a Peter Pan theme. .

For the atrium, a classic like Snow White and the dwarfs, or maybe even Elsa/Anna/Olaf, or Daisy Duck dressed for travel like Minnie. On the back of the ship -- Peter Pan and Tinkerbell for one.

6. Flossbolna

Flossbolna Sea days are just so relaxing!

:thumbsup2

I already said that I am sure there will be some Frozen. I also wonder if there will be some Star Wars or Marvel. Personally I don't think that those franchises would be fitting for the atrium, but who knows that corporate Disney thinks... They seem to be very keen to promote those franchises at the moment.

My guess for names is Disney Imagination and Disney Spirit.

And @RedSox68 I would suggest you edit the title in some way to include that this is about the new ships to make it easier to find... :goodvibes

tcufrog likes this.
  7. Garyjames220

Garyjames220 DIS Veteran

Wonder what new stuff there will be on the new ships compared to the others

8. Neptune's Fork

Neptune's Fork DIS Veteran

Black Pearl and Flying Dutchman

Pirate Mickey and maybe a classic Steamboat Willie

HeatherLassell likes this.
  9. RedSox68

Got it -- done. If you can think of a better way of wording it, let me know.

I really like Disney Spirit! Haven't heard that one before.

I hope that corporate does not even think about a Star Wars themed ship or even a Marvel themed one. I personally don't think it fits for a cruise ship and would get old very fast I think.

Curleevee and Flossbolna like this.
  10. mmouse37

mmouse37 DCL Diva!!

Totally forgot that!!!!! Oh well

MJ

11. RedSox68

I don't think they'll put another Mickey in the atrium, but a black and white statue in a case as a tribute to Steamboat Willie would be a nice atrium decoration.

Disney Pearl would be a great name.

12. RedSox68

I have started listing names in the first thread as a source place to see all the suggestions, including restaurant themes and atrium characters.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
  13. disneyfreak33

disneyfreak33 DIS Veteran

That would be stellar!

14. Flossbolna

Looks perfect!! And I agree with you on the Star Wars or Marvel theme... I hope they stay in the kids clubs.

My guess would be that we will have one male and one female atrium statue again like with the other pairs. And I still think they will go with some more modern Disney characters. Poor Daisy and Goofy are not likely candidates in my opinion.

15. wcw57

wcw57 DIS Veteran

Since the new ships have abandoned the classic days of cruising theme (which they pushed sooooo hard for the first two), I would like to see some real technical, gadgety, hi-tech, do-dads throughout the ship.
    Talking pictures on the wall and dining rooms that change color are really cool but are now old hat.
    The animated "windows" on interior cabins is more of what I'm thinking.....something that, when people hear about it, makes people say "WOW!". The fireworks were like that back in the day.

I'm not sure if I've explained myself well. I don't need a spate of "look at all the ships have on them already" replies...I am aware of those.

BUT, the largest entertainment company in the world should be able to absolutely make the other cruise lines CRINGE with what the new ships offer.........I always liked one of the original concepts put out there at the inception of DCL of a ship literally looking like a floating island. I know it wouldn't work, but THAT kind of imagineering.
    IDK. If I was so smart, I'd be working for DCL...................................................

tcufrog and Flossbolna like this.
  16. RedSox68

Carnival also has a Magic.

17. Neptune's Fork

Neptune's Fork DIS Veteran

Carnival had a Fantasy and Dream before Disney had theirs, so it's happened before. Disney did have Magic before Carnival had theirs through.

mevelandry likes this.
  18. RedSox68

One of the cruise lines, I think RCCL, now has a virtual verandah on interior room walls.

19. Flossbolna

I agree with you. I always find Disney the best when they do something that the normal person like me would not think of. That's why I am disappointed with things like changing the Norway ride at Epcot into a Frozen ride. That is something I could come up with and I know that I am not qualified to be an Imagineer. So, yes, I am hoping for a WOW! surprise (not to be confused with RCCL's WOW bands, Magic Bands on the ship would not wow me.).

Chrizzz likes this.
  20. scgustafson

scgustafson DIS Veteran/DCL Platinum

A little disappointed that a long-time member like yourself would create a new thread for this when an existing one exists: http://www.disboards.com/threads/future-ship-names.3302056/

Maybe @AquaDame can please merger them together for us.

21. Flossbolna

Usually I agree with you that multiple threads should be avoided, but this thread is not only about names, but about all kind of news and rumors about the new ships. There is a place for this new thread, even if currently there is not so much news and rumors just yet. Also, @RedSox68 is keeping information in the first post so that they are easy to reference in the future.