New Disney Ships: News, Rumors, Speculation.....and Names!

I'll bet Disney received an attractive incentive package and once the commitment has been completed, they'll return the ship stateside.

Those are the lowest priced cruises right now. Factor in the 6-week repositioning, and those repositioning cruises selling at bargain rates, I just don't see it lasting.
I remember getting the surveys after cruises and asking where would I like to sail to. I always put
Australia. When it was announced our whole family got excited......until I saw the itineraries. I couldn't
see us spending crazy amount of time flying to one of those schedules.

I was hoping the sailings would be more interesting like Princess or one of the other major lines.

I'm staying in Hollywood in August with my mother for 2 nights after a Disneyland trip. She's never been so I want to do a couple of studio tours, show her a little of what's left of old Hollywood, and maybe take her to Santa Monica. I have The Shay booked but just saw that the Andaz Hollywood and the Dream Hollywood have standard suites available and I have a SUA I need to use by the end of the year anyway. It would give us more room, but I've heard some negative reviews about the properties (old or loud). Any experience in those hotels?
This is the cruising forum, try posting your question on the California forum:
https://www.disboards.com/forums/california-the-west.131/

Juneau has already announced that it will start to limit the number of cruise passengers that will be allowed in starting this year. So there may not be any reason for DCL to start using a larger ship for Alaska.
My understanding is that they are limiting the number of large ships allowed in port on any given day, not the total number of passengers. Sounds like it wouldn't preclude Disney swapping out for a larger ship. I'm not saying they would send a larger ship, just that they easily could if they want to.

My understanding is that they are limiting the number of large ships allowed in port on any given day, not the total number of passengers. Sounds like it wouldn't preclude Disney swapping out for a larger ship. I'm not saying they would send a larger ship, just that they easily could if they want to.
Bigger ship, more passengers! Right from the article. My bold

Juneau, Alaska has become the latest popular cruise port of call to agree to limits designed to cap the influx of cruise passengers

Bigger ship, more passengers! Right from the article. My bold

Juneau, Alaska has become the latest popular cruise port of call to agree to limits designed to cap the influx of cruise passengers
Maybe I missed the article you saw. Was it linked on this thread?

The one I saw (https://www.cruisehive.com/alaska-port-and-cruise-lines-agree-on-ship-limits/99315) says:

"Juneau and Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) have reached a Memorandum of Agreement to limit the number of large vessels in the city to no more than five per day, starting with the 2024 cruise season."

This will effectively reduce the number of passengers compared to a day when they would have had more than five large ships. But the limit appears to be only on the number of ships, not the size of the ships. The article goes on to describe some of the ships that were to berth there last year... some of which are larger than any current Disney ship.

"Some of the largest vessels that will visit Juneau in 2023 include Norwegian Bliss (4,002 guests at double occupancy), Princess Cruises’ Majestic Princess (3,560), Holland America Line’s Koningsdam (2,650), and Royal Caribbean’s Quantum of the Seas (4,905) and Ovation of the Seas (4,905)."

Inside The Haunted Mansion Parlor Coming to the Disney Treasure

Since opening its foreboding front doors at Disneyland Park in 1969, the Haunted Mansion and the lore surrounding it has captured the mortal hearts of Disney Parks goers, inspiring three subsequent attractions, multiple film adaptations, merchandise lines and plans for a soon-to-debut bar onboard the Disney Treasure. Plans for the Haunted Mansion Parlor will honor more than five decades of fandom and introduce the world to the next chapter of the Haunted Mansion saga.

Disney Cruise Line and Disney Imagineers will harness the power of design to convey the nostalgia of the original attraction alongside a new nautical storyline. The venue will resemble a well-appointed ship parlor, which once belonged to a jovial sea captain and his strange, but captivating fiancé. With so many rumors swirling about, it’s hard to say what happened to the happy couple following their sudden and mysterious disappearances – but our most discerning guests may glean the truth by deciphering clues hidden around the bar.

As part of the Halfway to Halloween celebration here on the Disney Parks Blog, it’s my ghoulish delight to be your guide to unlocking a few of Haunted Mansion Parlor’s secrets.

Something Seems Fishy About This Aquarium

Aquarium with Ghost Fish

When plans for the original Haunted Mansion attraction at Disneyland were well underway, celebrated Disney Imagineer Rolly Crump proposed a creative concept for a “Museum of the Weird” exhibit. As the final design took shape, many of Rolly’s initial ideas were realized throughout the attraction. However, a few of his concepts remained in the vault, living on thanks to dedicated fans and Disney historians. One such concept was a mysterious aquarium, filled with ghost fish. More than fifty years later, the sketch Rolly developed was referenced by a new generation of Disney Imagineers to create a modern “Aquarium with Ghost Fish” for the Haunted Mansion Parlor.

Blending nostalgia with a fresh layer of lore, the aquarium will fold into the curious backstory of the parlor’s former sea captain owner. Legends passed down from The Captain’s devoted crew recount how he was last seen heading to his parlor for a special meal prepared by his betrothed. All that remained after The Captain and his bride seemingly vanished was his hat, which was found floating in the aquarium tank. Perhaps his disappearance grants a new meaning to “fish food.”

An Eerie Art Collection

The Haunted Mansion Parlor’s eerie portrait gallery will depict some of the wandering souls that have taken up residence onboard the Disney Treasure. The collection of works will be reminiscent of the quintessential paintings inside the Haunted Mansion attraction, mimicking the art stylings used by Disney Imagineers in 1969. The portrait gallery will also incorporate present-day technologies to allow the ghostly residents to entertain guests in new ways.

I’m delighted to introduce you to a few of the happy haunts that will call the Disney Treasure home…

Mariner Ghost

The concept for The Mariner was created by famed Disney animator Marc Davis. The portrait first occupied the halls of the original Haunted Mansion attraction and later made its way to the attractions at Walt Disney World Resort and Tokyo Disney Resort. The Mariner’s story will be taken to new depths when he takes his place in the Haunted Mansion Parlor on the Disney Treasure and continues to uphold Marc Davis’ impactful legacy.

Portrait of The Captain

A distinguished portrait of the good-humored sea captain will also grace the walls of the Haunted Mansion Parlor. His lifelong dream of serving on a luxury ocean liner was cut short after his untimely demise, but his merry soul has lingered on in his private parlor.

Marc Davis’ iconic “cat lady” Bride
Marc Davis’ iconic “cat lady” Bride

The likeness of The Captain’s enigmatic bride-to-be will take cues from Marc Davis’ iconic “cat lady” concept, which was also featured in the original attraction. Inside the Haunted Mansion Parlor, her portrait will flicker to reveal her true form and perhaps, her true intentions.

Tales of the doomed couple’s first encounter all began when The Captain received a dramatic distress transmission from another vessel. He wasted no time in altering his course to aid in the rescue, but as he neared the source of the call, he found only a mangled wreckage and a lone survivor – a woman floating amongst the debris. With bright green eyes, chestnut hair and a golden key hanging about her neck, it is no wonder that The Captain was immediately taken by her beauty. The pair became inseparable and were soon engaged to be wed.

A Ghostly Line of Drinkware

The Mariner Mug
The Bride Mug

The portraits inside Haunted Mansion Parlor will also lend inspiration to a Disney Cruise Line-exclusive commemorative mug collection that will debut onboard the Disney Treasure. The ceramic mugs will appear to be carved from the worn wooden planks of a ghost ship. These early sketches and models illustrate the first in a series coming to the Disney Treasure – one inspired by The Mariner and other by The Captain’s bride.

The Haunted Mansion Parlor will begin welcoming foolish mortals when the Disney Treasure sets sail on its maiden voyage on Dec. 21. For more information about Disney Cruise Line’s newest ship, check out the Disney Treasure Ship’s Log series or head to DisneyCruise.com.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter