AP Discount

Ok, now I have a question. We bought our tickets as part of a package (10 day park hoppers) and we want to upgrade to APs when we get there. Ticket prices will most certainly increase (including APs before we get there). I was going to go to DTD to upgrade the night before we actually start our vacation (we are arriving 7/31 and staying off property one night. Our package starts 8/1) and get our APs and our TiW card. With the change in ticket price, should I go to DTD as planned, or wait and upgrade at the park the next day? I'm so confused. Or will it matter at all??? :confused3

Wait for the price increase to happen and then price out difference between using them once to lock in gate price or just upgrading them upon arrival using the price you paid for them. The price increase won't be a flat across the board so I can't predict what will be cheaper for you. (Last year's APs went up $50 IIRC, which was a BIG increase compared to past years).

Wait for the price increase to happen and then price out difference between using them once to lock in gate price or just upgrading them upon arrival using the price you paid for them. The price increase won't be a flat across the board so I can't predict what will be cheaper for you. (Last year's APs went up $50 IIRC, which was a BIG increase compared to past years).

Thank you so much. I HATE this. I wish there would be a simple way to do all this. I'm not good at wheeling and dealing. I guess I better get used to it though so I don't get charged more than I'm supposed to. Thanks again for your help.

Hi all! My DH and I just purchased APs last week. I went to the website and it says for new or converted APs the site is "unable to add your passholder affiliation at this time." Is there any info out there about why this is, or when this will change? After I am able to add my info will I receive email alerts for discounts etc?

Thanks!

Thinking about ordering my AP's now just in case the price does increase, but wondered about using Will Call?

Good idea?

Also, when do the AP's begin - when I purchase them? or when I first use them?

Thinking about ordering my AP's now just in case the price does increase, but wondered about using Will Call?

Good idea?

Also, when do the AP's begin - when I purchase them? or when I first use them?

When you use them. I would order them ASAP because I suspect ticket prices will go up later this week to match the Universal price increase.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1452684

This is the ticket sticky that explains upgrades etc. Post #7 specifically talks about upgrading to APs.

A current AP is about $606 (tax incl). Take the cost of your 4 day ticket and subtract it from that to get the difference.

As for using it to "increase" the value, that only holds true if you bought a discounted ticket from a broker, AAA etc OR if the ticket prices go up between the time you bought it and the time you upgrade it. Using it "locks" it in at current gate price. Since Universal just raised their ticket prices earlier this week, I suspect that WDW will raise theirs this weekend or next (including the cost of APs).

Thank you:thumbsup2

OK, hopefully I won't bother anyone here with any more questions AFTER this one:

I know that I have to show proof of AP with the resort within 24 hours of check in, but since I am ordering my AP's online to pick up at Will Call, will the receipt be sufficient for the resort?

We may not be going to any park on the day of arrival, which means that I would have to get the "actual AP's" the next morning and make sure that I am back at resort around 3:00 to make my 24 hour window, unless the receipt works.

OK, hopefully I won't bother anyone here with any more questions AFTER this one:

I know that I have to show proof of AP with the resort within 24 hours of check in, but since I am ordering my AP's online to pick up at Will Call, will the receipt be sufficient for the resort?

Ordering online you should receive a voucher. In the past they a have been a plastic card (credit card size) that is lime green and says it is an exchange voucher. I was able to show that and it sufficed. Also once you receive this voucher you will have access to the passholder site.

Ordering online you should receive a voucher. In the past they a have been a plastic card (credit card size) that is lime green and says it is an exchange voucher. I was able to show that and it sufficed. Also once you receive this voucher you will have access to the passholder site.

Currently that is not the case since the upgrade to My Disney Experience.

I just ordered two annual passes two weeks ago online.
I am a Florida resident but I don't think that makes any difference in how it's handled.

I received an email receipt from Disney confirming my order as accepted, and a link in the email to print out two paper vouchers that they call "eCertificates" that I will bring to Disney World to redeem and get my annual passes. I won't be getting any plastic card vouchers as someone mentioned above but maybe they still issue those to people who order via telephone?

If you aren't going to any park on the day you arrive, you may be able to just show your voucher/eCertificate to the resort as proof of passholder status. If not, you can take a bus or drive over to Downtown Disney and exchange your vouchers for passes at guest relations and go back to your resort afterwards.

The resort (if they ask for your AP, it's hit or miss on that sometimes) shouldn't accept your voucher/receipt because you have to show an ACTIVE AP to get the discount. If not, you could just keep the voucher for years and keep showing it.

I'm sorry to ask someone to do this, but I'm not able to access the AP site at this time. Is there any availability for WL CL 8/14 and 8/15? We're staying until the 23rd but I don't believe those rates are out yet. Also, is there a "book by" deadline for those early August dates? TIA

I'm sorry to ask someone to do this, but I'm not able to access the AP site at this time. Is there any availability for WL CL 8/14 and 8/15? We're staying until the 23rd but I don't believe those rates are out yet. Also, is there a "book by" deadline for those early August dates? TIA

Standard CL room available $354 per night for 14and 15... These are book by June 19th rates... Booking after that you loose 5%.

Does anyone know when ap discounts for december usally come out? Trying to figure out wether the ap discount would be better than booking through expedia germany since the rate expedia offers is alread about 20% off the rack rate for a value resort

I have reservations using the summer discount for POR-R July 3-July 13. I checked and the AP rate is cheaper. Is it too late to change the reservation? Just call?

I have reservations using the summer discount for POR-R July 3-July 13. I checked and the AP rate is cheaper. Is it too late to change the reservation? Just call?

Yes, just call. I've often changed when cheaper rates come out. There is a possibility that there won't be any availability at your resort, but I'm guessing Riverside is a pretty safe bet. Good luck!

Does anyone know when ap discounts for december usally come out? Trying to figure out wether the ap discount would be better than booking through expedia germany since the rate expedia offers is alread about 20% off the rack rate for a value resort

Oh I'm wondering this too... Anybody care to guess? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts