AP Discount

I have reservations using the summer discount for POR-R July 3-July 13. I checked and the AP rate is cheaper. Is it too late to change the reservation? Just call?

Looks like there is everything available right now..call and switch quick!

I exchanged my pass last visit for the RFID- I kinda wish I wouldn't have since I am unable to check AP discounts online.

Would someone please look up CL rates for me? I am booked in a standard at the Contemporary Aug. 3- Aug.12 with the AP discount.
After pricing out the dining plan, I am wondering if I should just book a CL at any monorail resort or WL and them pay out of pocket for the rest.

So I am asking for any monorail resort or WL quote. CL Aug 3-12.
(Views do not matter to us, standard is fine.)

TIA! :)

Would someone please look up CL rates for me? I am booked in a standard at the Contemporary Aug. 3- Aug.12 with the AP discount.
After pricing out the dining plan, I am wondering if I should just book a CL at any monorail resort or WL and them pay out of pocket for the rest.

TIA! :)

WL standard club level $3584
CR no club level available
GF no availability for AP rate
Poly Club level garden $4518, lagoon $5558, theme park $5868

Just and FYI if you are on the fence, hold on to your CR standard until you are sure as the only thing left for the CR is Tower Bay Lake View (which I might add is lovely. I stayed in that category 3 times). Cost for CR tower bay lake is $3074.

Hope this helps. Have a great trip!

WL standard club level $3584
CR no club level available
GF no availability for AP rate
Poly Club level garden $4518, lagoon $5558, theme park $5868

Just and FYI if you are on the fence, hold on to your CR standard until you are sure as the only thing left for the CR is Tower Bay Lake View (which I might add is lovely. I stayed in that category 3 times). Cost for CR tower bay lake is $3074.

Hope this helps. Have a great trip!

Thank you so much! This will help me crunch numbers and decide.

I also agree with you about the lake view, we stayed there and it was a beautiful view in the early mornings. The reason I said we don't care about views is because we live in the mountains, with a lake view!

Does anyone know if someone cancels an AP rate room, will they put that room back on as AP rate available??

We are headed to WDW June 8-15. Right now we have a 7 day MYW ticket. We are also planning to go to Orlando in July for an AAU tournament. We thought about changing our tickets to a 10 day no expiring, but we noticed it would be cheaper to change them to an annual pass. When I called to check, the CM said the prices were going up this weekend. I was going to wait until we checked in to change the tickets, but if I can save money I would like to change them now. I booked through a travel agent, so I plan to call him and let him switch them. Just curious if anyone else has heard about the increase. Also, do you find the AP the best route to take. Thanks!

It is super frustrating waiting for AP rates to be released!! Come on disney, PLEASE release late august/september for APs!!

Does anyone know if the ap rate for standard rooms at any value resort has been more than 20% off lately? Trying to decide wether to wait for ap rates for december to come out or to go ahead and book through expedia germany where the current room rate is about 22% less than rack rate.

Does anyone know if the ap rate for standard rooms at any value resort has been more than 20% off lately? Trying to decide wether to wait for ap rates for december to come out or to go ahead and book through expedia germany where the current room rate is about 22% less than rack rate.

I just checked and right now the offer is 20% if you go to mousemisers.com you can peruse some of the older discount offers!

Still waiting for September, come on disney we are getting close and I need to budget my trip!

Does anyone think this means something? It was up and running a couple of hours ago, but when I check it now I get a 404 error. Could they be updating it?

Based on some historical data, I'm hoping for Tuesday the 11th. The last 2 times GP discounts came before AP, it was a month and a few days later for the AP's and usually a Tuesday or Thursday. The GP came out May 9th!

This is our first year as pass-holders so excuse me if this is a silly question...

We are headed to the world for Labor Day weekend 8/30-9/2 and currently I have found a "room only" offer for this time period, which is knocking 25% off on Mods (we are looking at POR). Are the AP rates generally better than this discount?? I was thrilled to see it, and can't imagine it getting any better but it sure would be nice :thumbsup2

Approximately when will the AP rates be out for this time period? If I book soon (to avoid no availability) and a better rate comes out, can I get my rate adjusted? I have never encountered this issue nor was I ever aware of all these discounts prior to joining the DIS :rotfl: Thanks in advance!

This is our first year as pass-holders so excuse me if this is a silly question...

We are headed to the world for Labor Day weekend 8/30-9/2 and currently I have found a "room only" offer for this time period, which is knocking 25% off on Mods (we are looking at POR). Are the AP rates generally better than this discount?? I was thrilled to see it, and can't imagine it getting any better but it sure would be nice :thumbsup2

Approximately when will the AP rates be out for this time period? If I book soon (to avoid no availability) and a better rate comes out, can I get my rate adjusted? I have never encountered this issue nor was I ever aware of all these discounts prior to joining the DIS :rotfl: Thanks in advance!

Generally, the AP rates would be 5%-10% better than the GP. A couple of us are waiting with you to see when they'll appear! Last year and the year before it was the second week of July, but I'm hoping they come out sooner this year. They allocate certain rooms for the AP discount, so it wouldn't matter if you already had a room, they can't just apply the discount unless that same room exists under the AP rate.

I would hang on to your room you have now, and then call immediately once we find out the rates are out and see if you can have the deal switched!

I believe that the current AP room rates that go through mid august are 35% off deluxe resorts and 25% off moderate resorts. If they extend the rates through the fall they may leave them the same, but no one knows from what I've read.

The GP extended summer rates are 30% off for deluxe resorts and 20% off moderate resorts, but not all rooms at all resorts are eligible. For example, at AKL, the 30% off only includes standard or pool view rooms, it doesn't include savannah rooms or above from what I was told by a CM. Also, the 30% off only applies to pool and lagoon view rooms at the BC/YC and not to standard or garden rooms according to the same CM that I spoke with. Those were the only two resorts that I inquired about.

I don't know if the AP discounts have the same restrictions.
As well, the discount rate at the Poly and the GF dropped from 30% to 20% when they extended the summer GP discounts, so who know's if the same will happen when/if they extend the AP discounts...

Any word when new AP holders will be able to access the AP website? It's a total downer to spend the money on AP & not be able use the website for the APs!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter