AP Discount

Called yesterday and AoA Nemo suites are not included - no summer promo, no AP, no AAA:sad1:

Bummer! I was hoping for that myself.

Even more of a bummer: new RFID APs can't be added on the passholder site! This means I have to keep calling when I want to check something. Argh!

Ok, quick background. Have ASMo with summer discount reserved for 8/1-8/12 with MYW w/park hoppers. We are going to WDW again in May 2014 and have found it cheaper to get APs. We have been told when we get to resort in August, we need to check in, get our tickets, go to a park, purchase the APs and have them "bridge" the MYW tickets. I *think* I got all that. Was also told that you have 24-48 (answers varied) to produce an AP at check in to get an AP discount.

SOOOO, here's my question! Could I, right now, call WDW and rebook for the same time using an AP discount? We were told you do not have to have APs in hand to book but are expected to produce within x amount of hours of checkin) It is probably cheaper than the Summer package discount and, since we no longer need the MYW stuff, would this work? Is it worth it? What are the chances I am going to get someone who knows what the heck they are talking about so that I can actually save money????

OR, can I not even do this at all? I know if I book room only, I wouln't have the tickets to bridge. ACK!!!!!

Ok, quick background. Have ASMo with summer discount reserved for 8/1-8/12 with MYW w/park hoppers. We are going to WDW again in May 2014 and have found it cheaper to get APs. We have been told when we get to resort in August, we need to check in, get our tickets, go to a park, purchase the APs and have them "bridge" the MYW tickets. I *think* I got all that. Was also told that you have 24-48 (answers varied) to produce an AP at check in to get an AP discount.

SOOOO, here's my question! Could I, right now, call WDW and rebook for the same time using an AP discount? It is probably cheaper than the Summer package discount and, since we no longer need the MYW stuff, would this work? Is it worth it? What are the chances I am going to get someone who knows what the heck they are talking about so that I can actually save money????

OR, can I not even do this at all? I know if I book room only, I wouln't have the tickets to bridge. ACK!!!!!

Yes, you can call and book room only with the AP discount if that is a better discount than what you currently have as you don't have to have a valid AP when you book. You will have 24 hours to show a validated AP to keep the discount (if the AP is even asked for at check in). Are you getting a discount on the tickets with the package you have booked right now? If so, you would have to run the numbers to see which would be the better deal......keeping what you have and getting full gate price for the discounted tickets to go against the price of the APs vs booking room only now with the AP discount and buying APs once you get there. If you are paying full price for the tickets and the AP room discount is better than what you have, you can always book that and just buy the APs once you get there (or buy them now, in which case you will receive an AP voucher to exchange for the actual AP once you get there). Good luck.

Yes, you can call and book room only with the AP discount if that is a better discount than what you currently have as you don't have to have a valid AP when you book. You will have 24 hours to show a validated AP to keep the discount (if the AP is even asked for at check in). Are you getting a discount on the tickets with the package you have booked right now? If so, you would have to run the numbers to see which would be the better deal......keeping what you have and getting full gate price for the discounted tickets to go against the price of the APs vs booking room only now with the AP discount and buying APs once you get there. If you are paying full price for the tickets and the AP room discount is better than what you have, you can always book that and just buy the APs once you get there (or buy them now, in which case you will receive an AP voucher to exchange for the actual AP once you get there). Good luck.

EDIT:
Nevermind, I think I totally misunderstood the previous posters question. Sorry.

I thought they were wanting to check in with Summer discount, get myw tkts, exchange for AP's, then come back to hotel with Ap's and ask to be changed to the AP rate for that room.
Then again, I could be wrong on understanding the previous posters question. ;)

Can you guys tell me the dates covered by this discount? We're staying at YC June 3-6 and will most likely be getting a FL resident seasonal pass. We're currently booked with the 30% off Disney Visa offer, but was wondering if I could save a little more with an AP discount.

Thank you!

Can you guys tell me the dates covered by this discount? We're staying at YC June 3-6 and will most likely be getting a FL resident seasonal pass. We're currently booked with the 30% off Disney Visa offer, but was wondering if I could save a little more with an AP discount.

Thank you!

The current AP promotion starts on June 4th. I checked the YC for June 4-6 and there was no availability with the discount. The previous promotion ends on June 3rd and the only availability at the YC is Club Level. Hope this helps!

The current AP promotion starts on June 4th. I checked the YC for June 4-6 and there was no availability with the discount. The previous promotion ends on June 3rd and the only availability at the YC is Club Level. Hope this helps!

Super-helpful! Thank you so much. :goodvibes

It is sooo frustrating not being able to get on the passholder site with the new AP's. :(

Can someone tell me if there are any rooms for july 31-aug 4 with 3adults/1child at POR royal rooms and CR(cheapest)? We are currently booked at CSR business but kids have decided they may want one of the other resorts.
Thanks for the help!

It is sooo frustrating not being able to get on the passholder site with the new AP's. :(

Can someone tell me if there are any rooms for july 31-aug 4 with 3adults/1child at POR royal rooms and CR(cheapest)? We are currently booked at CSR business but kids have decided they may want one of the other resorts.
Thanks for the help!

Royal rooms- standard $830, garden $864, pool $914, and river $931
Contemporary- garden wing garden view is lowest at $1262

HTH!

Thank you soo much!

Why does it have to be so difficult to pick a room. :rolleyes1 I really should just pick something and be set but no, I have to keep changing my mind. lol
We have decided after this weeks stay at POP that we are ready to move on to something else. Preferably a Mod room. Soo much quieter and peaceful. And we really like POP so this is hard to say. We just didn't feel the magic this trip. So it is time to move on to something else.

Does anyone have any guesses as to when the late summer AP discounts will be released? Our trip spans the current discounts (8/13-8/20), so I have my AP discount for the first three nights and the current RO offer for the remaining four. Was hoping the AP discount would be higher for those last four days.

Does anyone have any guesses as to when the late summer AP discounts will be released? Our trip spans the current discounts (8/13-8/20), so I have my AP discount for the first three nights and the current RO offer for the remaining four. Was hoping the AP discount would be higher for those last four days.

I am watching this, too. Mousesavers has the historical data on when they have come out in the past - http://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/ - they didn't come out until June 19th in 2011 and July 12th in 2012. So it could be a while. Of course that doesn't stop me from checking it every day, LOL!

I am watching this, too. Mousesavers has the historical data on when they have come out in the past - http://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/ - they didn't come out until June 19th in 2011 and July 12th in 2012. So it could be a while. Of course that doesn't stop me from checking it every day, LOL!

Good to know - thank you! Wow, July 12th seems really late - just a month before our trip! Hopefully something will come out that we can use :thumbsup2

Just found out we are heading to Disney twice this summer, so naturally getting AP's is the best deal. I won't be purchasing them until we arrive June 7th (I'm assuming I can get them when we check into hotel?).

How do I go about checking AP rates for our July trip without having the AP's?
and is there any AP rate for June still available?

TIA

There are some dates.. What are your dates/ hotel preference and I will check

Oh Thank you soooo much!!

June 7 - 11 CSR

July 19 - 23 BC or YC
July 23-27 POLY

ok..

CSR has Standard view for $150.00
Waterview for $169
the rest is a king bed...not sure if you want that

July 19 - only BC with a Lagoon view is available at 303.00/night. There is a villa available for $250.00

Poly is available for the 23rd - 27 for Standard $282!!! that is a great rate!!

ok..

CSR has Standard view for $150.00
Waterview for $169
the rest is a king bed...not sure if you want that

July 19 - only BC with a Lagoon view is available at 303.00/night. There is a villa available for $250.00

Poly is available for the 23rd - 27 for Standard $282!!! that is a great rate!!

Wow!! Ok, now how do I get the reservations made....call Dusney direct? Or a special number. Can u book even though u don't have APs yet?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter