*roll Call * Nov.11, 07 Wonder

Hi Cataway JP, I just noticed your Disney Magic ???????? at the bottom of your post. I was actually just looking online to see if I wanted to book my 7 day, 2008 cruise while I'm on my Wonder cruise so that I can save a few bucks with the discount. I think wer'e going to book November 8th(?) 2008 since it's after it will pull out of dry dock and should be fresh and newly updated. Is that your plan too???

I was just trying to put it down hoping that it would come true. We really want to do something special for our daughters 1st birthday in late January to celebrate all that our family has come through this year. It might be too quick a turnaround to do a 7 day, but heres to wishes coming true!

I like your idea too!

I don't want to burst anyone's bubble but buying a Pin Package for just one member of your party does not allow everyone else in your party access to the Pin Events. They will allow as many people in your party to purchase the package that want to participate but cruise guests who don't buy the package can't participate. Each person must purchase their own package to participate. Event participants will have first dibs on the merchandise. Access to any event related seminars/private parties, etc. will be for paying participants only, not additional family members. If you think the other people in your party will want to attend the Pin events I strongly suggest you purchase the package for them or you will be very upset and disappointed when your children/family members are refused access to the events. They don't force everyone in each party to purchase the package because they realize that there may be only one person in the group who wants to participate. It is the same with the land based events, your family can share your room, but if they don't buy the package they can't attend the event.

I have to say that this is completely correct about the pin package. Please, please, please call Disney Special Events at 407-827-7600 if you have any questions. They WILL be checking for Event Credentials (as they do for EVERY event) and there will be NO SHARING of event credentials allowed. If you want everyone in your family to be able to participate in the games and seminars (and get the wonderful event gifts), you MUST register each person for the event. Otherwise ONLY the registered person will be permitted to join in all of the fun. Please know that Disney Cruise Line representatives are not running this event, it is being run by the fantastic Disney Special Events team. Any answers or responses you have gotten from the Cruise Line staff are not correct. Please call Special Events if you have any specific questions or concerns and I am certain that they will be happy to ensure that you get correct answers.

Suzi

What types of events do they have for a pin event. I only bought one package. None of us are big pin collectors but since this was scheduled for the cruise we are on I thought it would be interesting. My kids are 14 yr old son and 10 yr old daughter and I put the event in my name as I was told they had to be 18 or older or accompanied by an adult. Out of the 3 of us my son would be the most interested. I don't think $45 for a t-shirt, maybe a free pin or 2 and the opportunity to buy more pins is worth spending that for kids, they should offer a discount for children who don't need the pins but want to join in the fun.

Unfortunately in regards to Disney once a child reaches the age of 10 they are required to pay Adult prices for admission to any parks or special events even though they are still minors. There are always special gifts given to the attendees of special events such as the pin cruise. I've never done the pin cruise before so someone else will need to chime in on what one may expect in the way of gifts, I've heard they are always spectacular. At the Pirate event at WDW in May the attendees received a number of gifts depending on the level of package they bought. They included a special event themed bag, a set of three pins, a gift that included a pirate bandana, some beads and a shot glass/vase with the event logo and a WDW Hidden Mickey series lanyard pin. We also received a treasure chest with three coins representing the three ships from the pirate movies. Those who bought the higher packages received additional gifts depending on the level of the package. Suzi & her husband bought the highest one and they recieved some wonderful one of a kind keepsakes. Since there is only one level of package for the Pin Cruise everyone will receive the same gifts. From what I've been told there are games that the attendees participate in. There will also be a seminar and autograph signing with Lee Arenberg (Pirate Pintel) that only participants can attend. Other events have included private parties aboard the ship for event participants. Believe me that $45 is a small price to pay for a Disney Special Event. The gifts you receive always more than make up the price you pay. If this were a land based event you would pay a lot more to attend because you would be paying for the meals or food served at the event.

What types of events do they have for a pin event. I only bought one package. None of us are big pin collectors but since this was scheduled for the cruise we are on I thought it would be interesting. My kids are 14 yr old son and 10 yr old daughter and I put the event in my name as I was told they had to be 18 or older or accompanied by an adult. Out of the 3 of us my son would be the most interested. I don't think $45 for a t-shirt, maybe a free pin or 2 and the opportunity to buy more pins is worth spending that for kids, they should offer a discount for children who don't need the pins but want to join in the fun.

My husband has done every pin cruise and I have been to all but one (missed due to work obligations). They are a great value as far as events go.

Typically, when you check in (at Studio Sea), you will receive your welcome gift(s) and any pin merchandise that you would have been awarded on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd RSPs (RSP = Random Selection Process...think "lottery" to purchase the lower Limited Edition pins)

Last year we had the "Cruisin through time" event and the welcome gift was a tye dyed shirt and a lovely boxed set:

http://www.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=50541&sid=5372.1191518844

The farewell gift was this:

http://www.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=50542&sid=5372.1191518844

In addition, on the Castaway Cay day, there were various pin games (hula hoops, ring toss, etc and you could win pin prizes. We were all also given a coupon booklet that entitled you to these pins:

http://www.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=50667&sid=5372.1191518844

http://www.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=50668&sid=5372.1191518844

http://www.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=50669&sid=5372.1191518844

http://www.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=50670&sid=5372.1191518844

And there was a pin for attending the seminar (should be EXTRA fun this year with Lee Arenberg - he was SUCH a sweetie at the Pirate Event in WDW in May!)

http://www.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=50543&sid=5372.1191518844

So the pin cruise is an AMAZING value and a lot of fun (hint: the karaoke with the Special Events Staff is most memorable!! :wave: Steven!)

I hope this information helps!!

Suzi

Sounds fun but we don't need 3 sets of pins. What would I do wilt the extra pins if I signed the kids up too? I ordered 3 RSP pins- we each chose one we liked. They would enjoy the t shirt and special game events but I was just give them the pins as I am not a big collector. I would hate to have them miss out on fun stuff if it is a real big deal. but it's another $90. I have never heard of a pin event before so I don't know what to expect.

The pin thing doesn't really appeal to me, and my 8 year old doesn't seem to be too interested either... But I am a little jealous of the special events! Oh well,I guess I'll live. ;)

I don't think we'll be doing the pin thing either. Wev'e decided to splurge and do the couples massage this time. I hope we like it since I've heard conflicting reports on weather or not it's worth the money. Any feedback?? I was actually supposed to be on the November 4th cruise, and ended up switching to the 11th and have lost my ressies for Palo's! Hopefully, I'll get one once on board. I'm getting excited for our cruise, but will actually be going to Fort Wilderness in a couple of weeks with the family for some camping fun.....but will be looking forward to our luxury trip on the Wonder!!!

I need to do some updating...after a few emails to DCL (and some rather interesting replies) I was able to re-add the pin package. Of course this was the day after the RSPs were due, but I was still able to get mine in. Phew. I ordered a whole four pins I think. Yes after all that. Oh and the best part, my TA had to start fighting with them again about how an individual can sign up and not everyone in the same stateroom. :sad2:

I'm the only one in my party of five who is signed up. I did that on purpose. It gives me an excuse to get away from them if I need a break. :laughing: Sorry, traveling with my MIL (who paid for the cruise, bless her heart), but yeah I might need some breaks. I have done a couple special event before but this is my first pin cruise.

Hi Miss jasmine, we live on the Space Coast as well! It's pretty nice having the Ship in your backyard isn't it!!! Don't worry about the IL's....you'll have plenty of time to enjoy yourself!!

If anyone should have to cancel their Palo ressies, please let us know, room 6588. We can't get any reservations for Palos online, dinner or brunch. I guess it fills up pretty quickly. Thanks.

hey catfishshow! I was starting to wonder if everyone cancelled their cruise and I was all by myself on the Wonder??? :confused3 I'm getting excited now! :banana: Even thinking about what to pack and if I will dress the family for Pirates night or not. Anyone dressing for Pirates night?? pirate:

My DH, DD5(almost 6) and I will all be dressing up. DD is excited that Mom and Dad will also be in costume. pirate:

Well, I guess we'll have to look for some costume wear! My DD (will be 4 in january) would get a kick out of that. Who knows, it may be a good idea to get stuff at 50% off at the after holloween sales!:thumbsup2

I bought some Pirate hats at the Dollar store (not quite a dollar) for me and my DH - I plan to get a cute pirate hat with Mickey ears on the ship for DS 4 - he will be so excited, I just hope he is not too tired at the end of the day!

I just know that we cannot miss the fireworks - he only saw them twice this summer and he has been asking for more all summer! I think they are right after the pirate party!

Anybody have any tips on keeping a 4yr old awake - he has just stopped napping in the afternoons.

Thanks

Cat

Hi Miss jasmine, we live on the Space Coast as well! It's pretty nice having the Ship in your backyard isn't it!!! Don't worry about the IL's....you'll have plenty of time to enjoy yourself!!

It would probably be cheaper for us if they weren't just in our "backyard". It makes taking a cruise too easy. ;)

I got my RSP results. I received the whole four pins I wanted. :laughing:

Woo Hoo - I am so excited!

We sail in exactly 1 month :-)

I have finally booked the Limo from the airport to the Hotel (we arrive the night before) and then the hotel in Orlando - we leave the day after the cruise!!

What a great feeling, knowing mostly everything is done, just waiting for the month to go by and the weather to stay good!!

See you all soon.

Cat

I've been ready to pack my suitcase for a while, now, but am waiting. If I pack now, I'll forget what's in there and have to take it all out again. That's all I have left to do, though. All ressies are done. I booked the Dolphin Encounter directly with the company. Older DD is pregnant and DCL won't allow her to go if we booked through them. Dolphin Encounter will still allow her to go, though, just not on the swim.

I want to get the Cpt. Jack Sparrow adult costume from the Disney Store after Halloween. I'm not paying $95 for it! My 8 year old already has her Elizabeth costume, so we are ready to go. We just added a night at WDW after the cruise to delay the impending depression!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter