*roll Call * Nov.11, 07 Wonder

hey catfishshow! I was starting to wonder if everyone cancelled their cruise and I was all by myself on the Wonder??? :confused3 I'm getting excited now! :banana: Even thinking about what to pack and if I will dress the family for Pirates night or not. Anyone dressing for Pirates night?? pirate:

We always dress BIG for pirate night! Look for my husband, he will be a skeleton pirate!

Suzi

Wow Catfish Show, look what you've started!! There haven't been this many threads in while. Obviously, everyone is getting really excited since wer'e a month and counting! :yay:
As far as keeping the DS 4 year old awake, I don't know what to tell you! My 3 year old is pooped by the evening time. In the past, we have actually booked late seating dining and take her to the buffet early for dinner, then go to the 6:15 show then one more activity, then the Lab and she sleeps there. My Dh and I usually dine without her, I know that sounds selfish, but I would much rather have her wide awake for the shows that she LOVES, than sitting at a lengthy dinner. We always pick her up, sleeping or not, for the Pirate party and she awakes from the dead for that! I'm sure when she's a little older, she'll be able to party all night long!!:dance3:
You all are really going for it with the dressing up! CastawayJP, Carlisesmom and Parkhopper I'll be looking for you guys! I want a picture!
Miss Jasmine, I know what you mean about "being in the backyard" maybe that's why this is our 3rd cruise and my DD is only 3!
whnim64, if my DH and DD can't make it out, I'm comin' to party with you and the girls! You all are going to have a blast!:banana:

drc, this is our 4th and we are going on the Eastbound repositioning next year. Very expensive habit. ;)

I hope that there is truth in the rumor that DCL will be heading to Alaska in 2009. That will be great! We are hoping to rebook on the ship for a late January cruise. My daughter will be celebrating her 1st birthday on the 30th and my Mom will be celebrating her ??th birthday on the same day!

Has anyone else done the on-line check in?

Does it make a difference if you do it on-line or at the Port?

Is there anyone else doing the glass bottom boat at Castaway Cay?

Cat

catfish, The online check in is awesome! When you get to the terminal it goes much, much faster! :woohoo:
Castaway....an Alaskan cruise sounds fabulous. We can only hope!:banana:

We've done the online checkin. Very nice and saves time. We did the glass bottom boat on our very first cruise. I must say I wouldn't ever do it again. I tend to get seasick on small boats, and just wanted it to be over. We didn't see that many fish. The guide threw in oatmeal to try to attract the fish. We did the stingray encounter last cruise and loved it. In fact, we have it booked for this cruise!

whnim64, if my DH and DD can't make it out, I'm comin' to party with you and the girls! You all are going to have a blast!:banana:
PARTY WITH US? A couple of middle age ladies:hippie: , a pregnant lady, a young lady just finishing up radiation therapy, :sad2: and one party animal. At least one of us will want to party with you . I'm usually asleep by 9 pm, but I'm going to try to force myself to stay up and enjoy the late night stuff for the first time!party:That's what naptime is for, right.

That's funny whnim64, do you know, this is our 3rd Disney cruise and we have never gone to the late night "adult" stuff! We are pooped by 9:00pm just like our 3 year old!! I have heard that the 80's night is great and I want to do my best to get there!!! So hopefully we will see you all there!!
Maybe I will pass on the glass bottom boat. Actually, we rented the bikes one time and went down the whole island, it was really fun and relaxing. Otherwise, I'll save my money and just hang out on the beach and rent snorkels and fins. My 3 1/2 year old is perfectly happy with that and I'll save the big bucks for mine and DH couple's massage!!!

Are we still planning a "meet and greet"?

Is there someone who wants to organize one using this thread and the other check in for the wonder thread? There is a link to it earlier in the postings. I have a lot going on with my work, PTA, kids etc to add something else to my overflowing plate plus I have no idea how to start. I really am looking forward to my vacation!!!:yay:

ok everyone we're going to be on the Nov 11th cruise and this is our 1st cruise. Not only that, but I've been so busy with work and kids lately that I just realized that we're less than a month away! I'm soooo excited! Though, I need help! What to pack? What to wear? and any other info would be greatly appreciate!

Thanks!
Michele:confused3

Hi! I posted a long time ago on this thread, or one of the other ones. We are traveling with all of our family, me, DH, DS6, DD4 and both sets of grandparents. It's getting closer and we are all ready for a break from reality!

I have a question. Is it too late to sign up for the pin trading event? Can you sign up on board? Is there a website somewhere that gives all the details? We are not really into pins, although last week at Animal Kingdom, we got a Pixie Dust pin for doing something nice and then, of course, we had to buy the kids lanyards and pins too. SOOOOO, will we feel left out if we don't participate in any of these events? I am kind of intrigued myself, but don't want to buy the package for the kids... maybe for my mom? But then MIL will feel leftout??

Anyways, life has been so busy lately I have not really even thought too much about the cruise and excursions etc. We did get Palo ressies, but not all at the same time. I am hoping to go onboad and try to get one for all of us at the same time and give up my exising ones...... hope that works.

Will try to check in more often!

ok everyone we're going to be on the Nov 11th cruise and this is our 1st cruise. Not only that, but I've been so busy with work and kids lately that I just realized that we're less than a month away! I'm soooo excited! Though, I need help! What to pack? What to wear? and any other info would be greatly appreciate!

Thanks!

Buff,
First all you will have a blast! We went on our first in April and now we are taking our 3rd this year! Prepare to be hooked! Just bring comfortable clothes, and something casual for dinner (unless you want to get dolled up for formal night, or crazy for pirate night). I'd probably bring a windbraker too if you are planning on walking on deck in the evening. Oh yeah bring sunscreen for Castaway Cay... trust me on that one...:mad:

Thanks!
Hi Michele. Just don't overpack. I packed twice as much as we needed for our first cruise. I did much better for the second cruise. And I'm planning on fitting all of my stuff (just me) in a carry-on. I'm shipping some things in a box, though, like 3 big bottles of sunscreen (for 5 people since we can't take it on the plane), some paperback books, some candy for the CM's (after Halloween sales), laundry detergent in case we need to wash a load of clothes (much easier to wash than to overpack), and pillowcase to get autographed with markers. Here is my packing list:
swimsuits (I'll take 2)

walking shoes and a couple of pairs of socks

beach shoes

dress or skirt/pants (not jeans) and blouse with nice shoes for dining rooms (I wear a skirt and switch between 2 nice shirts. It's OK to wear the same thing more than once to dinner.)

shorts/capris and comfy shirt for rest of ship and Castaway Cay (I like to buy one for a souvenier and just wear that)

swimsuit cover-up or big t-shirt and shorts work well

sleep clothes

maybe need a long-sleeved shirt and pants

sunglasses

prescriptions, Tylenol and basic first aid stuff, sunscreen, sunhat, toothbrush, toothpaste, brush/comb

camera and film/memory cards

credit card, or cash for on-board account

cash for tips

Is there someone who wants to organize one using this thread and the other check in for the wonder thread? There is a link to it earlier in the postings. I have a lot going on with my work, PTA, kids etc to add something else to my overflowing plate plus I have no idea how to start. I really am looking forward to my vacation!!!:yay:
We will have the cheap ($.97) lanyards from Wal Mart for our KTTW card. I'll print out a DIS member (oooh, I just made a Halloween pun, dismember, DIS member...get it?) card to go in the other side, and if everyone does the same, we'll be able to sort of spot everyone. It's getting kind of late in the game for me to make up pins and mail them out to everyone. So if everyone made their own with just plain paper or card stock, then we could meet on deck ten starboard (right) above the Goofy pool just before the sail away party. My DIS ID card would look like this:
DIS Board

whnim64 (Sandi)

I have a question. Is it too late to sign up for the pin trading event? Can you sign up on board? Is there a website somewhere that gives all the details? We are not really into pins, although last week at Animal Kingdom, we got a Pixie Dust pin for doing something nice and then, of course, we had to buy the kids lanyards and pins too. SOOOOO, will we feel left out if we don't participate in any of these events? I am kind of intrigued myself, but don't want to buy the package for the kids... maybe for my mom? But then MIL will feel leftout??

You may still be able to add the pin package, but you would need to call Disney Event Services to fin out if it was still possible to do so. Call 407-827-7600. The 1st, 2nd and 3rd RSP's (think "lottery" for the low Limited Edition sized pins) have already been run and distributed, but you could still participate in the 4th RSP on board if you are part of the pin package and you would be entitled to the Welcome and parting gifts, the games on Castaway Cay and the gift with coupon pins on the island. You would also be able to participate in the meet and greet with Lee Arenberg (Pintel the Pirate from the Pirates of the Caribbean movies). My DH and I did the WDW Event for the opening of At World's End and he was there. Lee made the entire experience top notch!

Here is the information about the pin event from the website: http://eventservices.disney.go.com/pintrading/event?id=21411

Suzi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter