*roll Call * Nov.11, 07 Wonder

Our trip is getting closer!:yay: I rented a car for the entire trip from Alamo for $173 but I may need to find another reservation as I am not sure if I need an american experss card to pay for it or not (I don't have one and it offers the best discount). It ended up being cheaper renting for the entire trip and paying for parking. I can't want to get our Docs to make it seem more real!

Hey all. I think I am the only one doing the pin package so you all may not have heard the news...we are going to be having a celebrity sailing with us. Lee Arenburg, who is Pintel from the POTC movies, will be there as part of the pin event. He wil be giving a presentation for event guests and will be available to sign a specially designed Pintel pin. :)

I signed up for it and already did a pin selection but got one package and my kids and I will share. I get the t-shirt:cool1: so the kids won't fight over it. I have no idea who pintel is but the kids might. I am not really into the pins but I thought it would be a fun once in a lifetime event and for $45 it seemed like a nice bonus. We leave in 42 days! :banana:

I still have to fill out my RSP. :rolleyes: Nothing like the last minute. I can't decide how much more I really want to spend on pins. :laughing: Definitely putting in for the Pintel one now, though as I would love to have him sign it!

If you have seen the POTC movies you know who Pintel is:
299.jpg

Hi everyone,

This will be our first cruise ever (Nov. 11/2007 Wonder) - me, my DH, DS (4yrs).

It would seem there are so many things to know to be able to take advantage of everything.... I feel like my brain is going to explode.

Does anyone else have kids in the Oceaners Club? our boy is really looking forward to playing on the Pirate ship!

I will be celebrating my birthday on the cruise - any suggestions?

Thanks

Cat

HI Catfish, welcome! Your family will have a great time. My daughter will be 11 and in the club, she had a great time on our last trip. My son is graduating to the teen scene but he had the best time in the club. Neither one wanted to leave to eat with us or leave the ship. They is saying something about how comfortable they were. They were not in the same level but made plenty of friends.

I am celebrating all of our birthdays on our at sea night with a cake delivered to our table for free, just let Disney know you will be celebrating and they will do something special. This trip is in the middle of them and I have saved all my money for this trip and not bought any big gifts so it is a huge combined birthday present! My Son is Oct 25, Me Nov 5th and daughter Dec 19th

As for the Pirates pin trading, I really don't want to buy many so we chose 3 that we each liked. I have no idea how it works and I had to give a credit card but they are not expensive. I guess I will find out soon. :banana: I don't even know why we collect pins anyway. :confused3 Most of them are in a jar and the ones on lanyards are so heavy to carry around. Disney has great marketing! I don't want to think how much money is invested in that jar and the kids don't want to trade any of them anymore as they have the ones they want and now just want to add the NEWLY released ones. :rolleyes:

I don't know if anyone else posting here are Florida residents, but some Florida resident rates for this cruise were just released. My TA was able to get both staterooms reduced (saving nearly $1,400 :dance3: ) The only problem is I had to drop the pin event package. A DCL manager said the special rate and package couldn't be combined. :confused3 I did send off an email to event services to see if we can get this cleared up, but hey if I can't re-ad it, then it's more spending money. :thumbsup2

Hello to all the November 11th Wonder Cruisers! My DH, DD (3 years old) and I will be joining you on the cruise! I actually just switched from November 4th because the Florida residents rate was at a great discount and would allow me to splurge more on the cruise for drinks, toys, excusions, spa treatments and more.....:banana: Anyways, it wasn't too difficult to find your post, anyone with fellow 3 year olds like my DH? We are looking forward to meeting some new friends and having a great time! This is our 3rd Disney Cruise and we love them more every time we take one, but this is the first 4 day. Everytime wev'e left the ship we say the same words...."I needed just one more day"........:cloud9:

Wow, you guys are real cruisers!!! How did you manage to go so often? We are looking forward to our cruise as well. I liked your movie, good job!!

My DD will be 4 in January and she would love to meet a new friend! The clubs are great (if they will want to stay). The staff is fun and very professional.

Does anybody have any advice on what kind of shoes to bring for the kids?

I was thinking of bringing a pair of Crocs for my DS (4yrs) and maybe a pair of running shoes - are there any rules for shoes in the Oceaners Club?

Thanks

Cat

My DD will be 4 in January and she would love to meet a new friend! The clubs are great (if they will want to stay). The staff is fun and very professional.

If they want to stay... I normally have to drag my 8 year old away kicking and screaming! :headache:

Are there any other Canadians on this cruise?

How about Montrealers??

Cat
travelling with Bob and DS (4yrs)

Lucky you! Maybe now that my DD is a little older she will want to stay longer. I think the clubs are a little better for the older ones, or maybe my DD just thinks we may go in the Mickey pool without her!!!

Hi Cataway JP, I just noticed your Disney Magic ???????? at the bottom of your post. I was actually just looking online to see if I wanted to book my 7 day, 2008 cruise while I'm on my Wonder cruise so that I can save a few bucks with the discount. I think wer'e going to book November 8th(?) 2008 since it's after it will pull out of dry dock and should be fresh and newly updated. Is that your plan too???

Hi everyone. I just booked the cruise last week because I absolutely have to attend the Pin Event. When I heard that Lee Arenberg was to be a guest I had to sign up. He was at the Pirates on the Seven Seas Lagoon event at WDW in May and he was absolutely terrific. He even attended the midnight showing of POTC-AWE with us.

I don't want to burst anyone's bubble but buying a Pin Package for just one member of your party does not allow everyone else in your party access to the Pin Events. They will allow as many people in your party to purchase the package that want to participate but cruise guests who don't buy the package can't participate. Each person must purchase their own package to participate. Event participants will have first dibs on the merchandise. Access to any event related seminars/private parties, etc. will be for paying participants only, not additional family members. If you think the other people in your party will want to attend the Pin events I strongly suggest you purchase the package for them or you will be very upset and disappointed when your children/family members are refused access to the events. They don't force everyone in each party to purchase the package because they realize that there may be only one person in the group who wants to participate. It is the same with the land based events, your family can share your room, but if they don't buy the package they can't attend the event.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!