*roll Call * Nov.11, 07 Wonder

Hmm that's odd because this is my MIL first cruise and I could have booked excursions and spa stuff for her. I wonder if that was because DD is in her cabin and is a Castaway Club member. :confused3

Hmm that's odd because this is my MIL first cruise and I could have booked excursions and spa stuff for her. I wonder if that was because DD is in her cabin and is a Castaway Club member. :confused3

Alas, I am the only one of us 5 who is a Castaway Club member, and as big as I am, I can't be booked in both cabins :rotfl2:!

Less than 90 days! I find myself listening more and more to the castaway club cd that we got! It seems like a lot of people are doing the Palo brunch will it be hard to get ressies?

Less than 90 days! I find myself listening more and more to the castaway club cd that we got! It seems like a lot of people are doing the Palo brunch will it be hard to get ressies?

Are you a Castaway Club member? If so, you can go online and book your Palo brunch now.:banana:

Yeah I have to wait until the inlaws pay the cruise balance. Then it will be available online.

bumping up....time is getting closer!

I read on another thread about someone wanting to share a limo or other transportation to the port. I am still trying to figure out what to do. IT is not worth it to pay $210 for 3 people to use the DCL bus. In 2003 I rented a car for 2 weeks at that rate. Would anyone be interested in working out details to share travel? We will be leaving from the Poly and there are 3 of us, Me, DS 14 and DD 10. I am waiting for car rental rates to come down and if they land in the $200 range for 13 days I will rent for our entire trip or I am thinking about just renting on the 11th from DD and keep until the 19th (when we return home) and pay the $48 terminal parking rate. I don't know how much of a hassle it will be to return the car at the port and pick it up again. We are staying at OKW for the 3rd part of our trip. I am open to all suggestions.

Michelle

bumping up....time is getting closer!

I read on another thread about someone wanting to share a limo or other transportation to the port. I am still trying to figure out what to do. IT is not worth it to pay $210 for 3 people to use the DCL bus. In 2003 I rented a car for 2 weeks at that rate. Would anyone be interested in working out details to share travel? We will be leaving from the Poly and there are 3 of us, Me, DS 14 and DD 10. I am waiting for car rental rates to come down and if they land in the $200 range for 13 days I will rent for our entire trip or I am thinking about just renting on the 11th from DD and keep until the 19th (when we return home) and pay the $48 terminal parking rate. I don't know how much of a hassle it will be to return the car at the port and pick it up again. We are staying at OKW for the 3rd part of our trip. I am open to all suggestions.

Michelle
I'm still trying to figure out what we're going to do for transportation. We get into MCO on Saturday around 9 am and are flying out at 2 after the cruise. We'd really like to get a towncar to pick us up and take us to Cape Canaveral, then rent a car for a day, then get the towncar back to the airport. It would be cheaper for us to rent a car at the airport, turn it in before the cruise, then rent another one to drive back to the airport, but that sounds like such a hassle. We've used a towncar before, and it's nice to have someone else do the driving and take care of the luggage for you. We would just need a car to get around Cape Canaveral for the day before the cruise. A towncar round-trip would be around $200 before tip, and a rental car for before the cruise is actually cheaper than one for a few hours after the cruise! I think I've just talked myself into paying the extra $100 to get a towncar from/to the airport...

Thanks to my wonderful co-worker I have found this wonderful forum.
I will be going on this cruise with my DH (44) and DD (will be 5) with all of you wonderful people. I am very excited, my husband is interested but not nearly as excited as me, and our DD does not know about it! (yet) We are not planning on telling her until we are headed either to the airport or to the ship. We will be at WDW for 2 nights beforehand. The last three times we have been to WDW she got so wound up beforehand that she ended up being sick by the time we made it there. Also, on the Sat. b4, we will be taking her to the Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boutique that is opening in Cinderella's Castle that day. I hope we can get a good meet & greet together on the ship. Once we get closer to the sail date we should definitely have a plan.
Looking forward to sailing with all of you! I better get back to work now.:guilty:

Helping with a bump up for the weekend.
How many days now?? Time is going to go by sooo fast! Before you know it, everyone will be doing the doc dance :banana: :banana: Well... everyone except me :sad1:
My DH can't wait til our next cruise because he thinks it will get me to stop reading my passporter, planning C.C. rentals and excursions, and hanging out on the disboards. Ha! Little does he know... it only makes it worse!!!!:lmao:
I've been planning our next cruise since we got off the boat last November. By the time we board again, it will be two years worth of planning! And then I'm gonna have to plan ANOTHER one because I'm sure there are things we're going to miss!:rotfl: Does the cycle ever end?:confused3 I certainly hope not!
Hope everyone has a safe and happy weekend! Me? I have a new house to renovate! I'm off to do some insulating and drywalling!!!:thumbsup2

Helping with a bump up for the weekend.
How many days now?? Time is going to go by sooo fast! Before you know it, everyone will be doing the doc dance :banana: :banana: Well... everyone except me :sad1:
My DH can't wait til our next cruise because he thinks it will get me to stop reading my passporter, planning C.C. rentals and excursions, and hanging out on the disboards. Ha! Little does he know... it only makes it worse!!!!:lmao:
I've been planning our next cruise since we got off the boat last November. By the time we board again, it will be two years worth of planning! And then I'm gonna have to plan ANOTHER one because I'm sure there are things we're going to miss!:rotfl: Does the cycle ever end?:confused3 I certainly hope not!
Hope everyone has a safe and happy weekend! Me? I have a new house to renovate! I'm off to do some insulating and drywalling!!!:thumbsup2

I have been planning since July 2005! I don't know what I will do when the trip is over. I know the kids would want to do it again - they would rather vacation at Disney all the time but I want to take them to Europe to see their heritage and that will take me another 2 years to plan and save. The kids are growing so fast, in another 2 yrs they will be 16 and 13 and only a few more after that and they will be too old to want to go with the dear Mommy. :sad1: Sept 6th will begin the 2 month countdown for us:banana: and I have a VERY jammed packed calender to make that time go by faster than I think it will. I have everything done except for travel to and from my local ariport and a good rental car deal. I feel great to have the cash saved up to pay for it all and I am trying to add more to my savings account so it won't be empty when we return. My last disney trip I came home with over $700 in travelers checks which came in handy so I can be a real overplanner and saver.

This will be our first Disney Cruise. My DH and I have cruised many times but this will be the first on Disney and with our DD (she will be 2 weeks away from turning 6).

We can't wait.

Is the Pin Trading Package expensive to add? Was wondering if this is something I want my DD to start? Does anyone know if I only book for 1 can all participate?

I feel great to have the cash saved up to pay for it all and I am trying to add more to my savings account so it won't be empty when we return. My last disney trip I came home with over $700 in travelers checks which came in handy so I can be a real overplanner and saver.

That's why we usually take a big vacation every two years.:goodvibes It takes me that long to save and plan. We like to relax by taking little weekend drives or go camping. Something like that can cost us just a couple hundred dollars and we get the time to recharge and reconnect with each other. In the mean time, I'm squirreling away dollars and cents for the Disney parks or cruise.
One of my tricks is I will guestimate the money needed for tips, parking, palo's, etc and put it in appropriately marked envelopes, seal it up, put it in my suitcase and forget it exists. I then start working on excursions and gifts.
When I put my reservation in for the trip, I divide the balance into a comfortable amount and put them in with the rest of my bills. I usually have it paid well before the final due date. This method has worked well for me.:thumbsup2
Unfortunately, I am currently a year behind in my savings because we bought a fixer-upper in Jan. and we are still working on it (weekends and holidays). It is not only sucking all my disney funds but my energy as well. I recently had jaw surgery and we are a month behind in our renovation. :eek:
I can certainly guarantee that NOTHING will keep me from my Disney vacation. I will e-bay my cats if I have to! (Just kidding, they would be returned as defective anyway;) ).

Time is going by too slow. We had 2 months between cruise 1 and 2, and this 4 month lapse is too much to take!

helping with a bump up!
I got a wonderful, early anniversary present this weekend.:goodvibes It doesn't really cut into my disney funds because it only cost $1.00 to purchase, but it will cost $$$ to take care of it... My DH bought me a horse! He was owned by our good friends and I've been riding him since they purchased him from their vet. I have always considered him mine, I have loved him from the first day I laid eyes on him.:love: He is a 17 year old black quarter horse named Doc.
I am sooo happy, but I guess I'll have to go out and get a job if I want to be a good horse owner AND continue my Disney vacations:rotfl:
I am currently renovating a house, trying to sell a double wide mobile home that I don't know when I'll move out of due to said renovations, I own a horse AND I have an addiction to Disney vacations:scared1: I am either greatly blessed or greatly cursed. Does anyone know if it's legal to sell your soul on e-bay???:confused:
Heading out to buy a lottery ticket or two... keep your fingers crossed!

This will be our first Disney Cruise. My DH and I have cruised many times but this will be the first on Disney and with our DD (she will be 2 weeks away from turning 6).

We can't wait.

Is the Pin Trading Package expensive to add? Was wondering if this is something I want my DD to start? Does anyone know if I only book for 1 can all participate?

I think the pin package was $50 (might have been $49, can't remember). Anyway...this is my first PIN cruise so I am not sure if there are any special events invloved that one would have to prove they are on the pin package. I know on past pin cruises there has been a trading lounge, but again not sure how close people were checked.

There is a RSP form online that you fill out requesting which pins you would like to buy. They are limited in number so it's like your wish list. You list the one you want the most first and then so on. There are 3 RSP cycles so you can try to get more than one of the pin, if there is one you would like for more family members. Also, there is a T-shirt involved this year. :banana: Of course this reminds me I still need to fill out my RSP. :rolleyes: Honestly, I don't know I signed up, all my special pins are not even displayed at home. :sad2:

My DD(5) is getting excited about our vacation. She is looking forward to having her own area on the ship that Mom and Dad can't go.

Is there anyone with kids about her age going?

I just finalized my car rental reservations yesterday. As much as we'd like to be pampered and driven in a town car, my wallet convinced me to rent at car. We'll drive from the airport to the port the day before, then turn in the rental Sunday am and take the Budget shuttle to the port. Then we'll do the same on our return to the airport. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter