ROFR Thread April to June 2021 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
it actually wasn’t full asking - we offered 155$ and seller came back at 160$ (still lower than asking).

To be honest, we were concerned 155$ wasn’t going to clear ROFR and anticipated a counter offer.
Ah ok different contract. $160 should go through. We have addonitis but with all the cuts to on site benefits we sort of know that we should probably just make due with our yearly 225 points.

Thanks! it actually wasn’t full asking - we offered 155$ and seller came back at 160$ (still lower than asking).

To be honest, we were concerned 155$ wasn’t going to clear ROFR and anticipated a counter offer.
I’ve had some brokers today tell me $160 for a 200 point BLT contract was crazy and all of their sellers wanted in the 170s 🙄 most would only budge only $2 from their asking price. I’m sure you’ll have no issues passing ROFR though. I threw a bunch of numbers in a spreadsheet and think what you go was a great deal. Congrats!!

We have addonitis but with all the cuts to on site benefits we sort of know that we should probably just make due with our yearly 225 points.

The addonitis struggle is real.

I’ve had some brokers today tell me $160 for a 200 point BLT contract was crazy and all of their sellers wanted in the 170s 🙄 most would only budge only $2 from their asking price. I’m sure you’ll have no issues passing ROFR though. I threw a bunch of numbers in a spreadsheet and think what you go was a great deal. Congrats!!

Thanks!!! Asking was 170$ - both my husband and I were pleasantly surprised by the counter. We really weren’t in a hurry since we have 2 other contracts etc. We almost bought BLT direct in 2009. It only took us 12 years!!

fingers crossed on ROFR!!

Thanks!!! Asking was 170$ - both my husband and I were pleasantly surprised by the counter. We really weren’t in a hurry since we have 2 other contracts etc. We almost bought BLT direct in 2009. It only took us 12 years!!

Hopefully we will be right behind you soon waiting on ROFR. We have one offer we are waiting to hear back on. This is offer #5 for the day 🙈🙈🙈

Yup lol most everyone wouldn't budge more than $2 from their asking and it just didn't make sense for what they had it priced at especially with what is out there and what I know is passing ROFR. This thread is INVALUABLE!!!
Who are these people? Actually I could probably guess the exact broker.

You really shouldn't have a huge problem getting a 200pt BLT contract at $160, but it depends on how much time you have to wait if they aren't budging. From what I've seen in the past few months that is a more than fair offer on that type of contract that should pass ROFR. The thing is though at those prices they tend to go in a couple days; many on the market now at $170-$179 have been there for months. BLT is one of the resorts I'm considering and have seen many pop up at nice prices but my issue has been use year :(

It's so weird because I've never had an issue getting them to drop below asking. Maybe it's the broker. My last 3 offers were $10-$13 under asking and they were all accepted without counter (unfortunately for me though, right after each one Disney decided to go on a purchasing frenzy and ROFR'd prices that normally wouldn't have for both contracts I tried to push through).

I'm not in a rush to book and use points though due to the timing of my next trip.

You really shouldn't have a huge problem getting a 200pt BLT contract at $160, but it depends on how much time you have to wait if they aren't budging. From what I've seen in the past few months that is a more than fair offer on that type of contract that should pass ROFR. The thing is though at those prices they tend to go in a couple days; many on the market now at $170-$179 have been there for months. BLT is one of the resorts I'm considering and have seen many pop up at nice prices but my issue has been use year :(

It's so weird because I've never had an issue getting them to drop below asking. Maybe it's the broker. My last 3 offers were $10-$13 under asking and they were all accepted without counter (unfortunately for me though, right after each one Disney decided to go on a purchasing frenzy and ROFR'd prices that normally wouldn't have for both contracts I tried to push through).

I'm not in a rush to book and use points though due to the timing of my next trip.
We aren't in a rush to book either because we have our current contract and have several trips already booked with that one. The broker is one of the sponsors here. I used the in the past for my current contract but something is weird when the majority come back only taking off $2 from their asking. Not even a mention of "meeting half way" which I thought was strange. I have a spreadsheet I have with all of the ones we put offers on and what they countered with and I'll just keep an eye and see if they just sit, which I assume they will because I truly believe they are overpriced. And once they realize they are if we haven't made a deal with someone else I'll go back in and present another offer.

It's so weird because I've never had an issue getting them to drop below asking.

We’ll see on ours - the seller will get rid of their contract one way or the other with respect to ROFR. In my mind, asking price and counter offers are more about how quickly seller wants to get rid of the points either with Disney buying back vs a “normal buyer.”

Congrats. Guessing that was full asking. I think this was the contract I saw for $160 a point that I considered trying to get for $150 to $155.
I had the darnest time getting just 4 dollars off from 165 to 161. It was my use year, and Disney had RORF a 155 BLT. With only a 100 pt contract, and they refused to budge to even 159, I just sucked up the extra $200 and bought it what I was looking for.

Not difficult to guess what broker told you that. Keep looking with others.

I have a new SSR contract to post just waiting for the confirmation it was sent to ROFR. I offer $10 less than what it was listed and stuck to my guns on it and after they countered and I said no my broker said he’d let them know and he called back a few minutes later and said I had a deal at my original offer. Don’t be afraid to bid and if it’s not a deal move on to the next contract. Unfortunately you can’t rush the resale buying process but if you have patience you can get a deal.

…and now we wait. According to this thread we’ve only had one instance of hearing back from ROFR on a Sun\Mon - and it was a SSR that was taken. Guessing we won’t hear much until Tuesday.

You’ll be fine my BLT just passed 2.5 weeks ago at $158.50. We just signed and sent the closing docs. Congrats and good luck.

I agreed with you, I think it’s the broker. I got laughed at on my first contract offered on March. The broker wrote that the seller only willing to go under no less than $3. Fortunately I was not in rush and found one that I offered $15 under the asking price. My second contract just last month was $11.50 under and seller paid ‘21 MF. Yes addonitis is real. Almost add the third one if my wife didn’t stop me 😁.

I agreed with you, I think it’s the broker. I got laughed at on my first contract offered on March. The broker wrote that the seller only willing to go under no less than $3. Fortunately I was not in rush and found one that I offered $15 under the asking price. My second contract just last month was $11.50 under and seller paid ‘21 MF. Yes addonitis is real. Almost add the third one if my wife didn’t stop me 😁.
A few months ago I had a situation where a property was listed much too high. I bid like $18 less than listing price and broker told me “yes, seller wanted this listed high, your offer is way too low, etc” Like two weeks later they wrote back wanting to take my offer but we had already decided to buy direct points and passed on it. Some sellers have unrealistic expectations and have to get a bunch of much lower offers before they decide to sell lower or pull the listing and keep the points for themselves.
I think some brokers play into the high pricing more than others do. As a former real estate broker, I would have always rather had few clients but ones who would list their properties at reasonable prices than more properties with unrealistic sellers— those sellers are always the biggest problem!
i actually had a deal late last year (as real estate attorney not broker) and I turned the client down when he wanted to be unrealistic with how he handled contracts. A friend of mine was the real estate agent on the deal and it wound up being an absolute nightmare- it only closed because the brokers agreed to a reduction in commission money to help the purchaser pay for necessary permits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter