DAS changes coming WDW May 20/ DL June 18, 2024

The planning part doesn't bother me- I think it's fun but I do understand that not everyone feels the same.
I agree Disney is not handling the rollout of the new DAS rules well. I think the company should have said this is what we're doing in 6 months or 1 year and not 30 days. The company is seriously going to make a major change right before Summer vacation when thousands of families, some impacted by DAS changes, choose to vacation at the parks?

IMO, if Disney was going to have a press release or change the verbiage on the webpage, they should have waited until all information pertinent to the guests in both Disney World and Disneyland was available. Of course had that happened, this thread would likely have been half as long because it would have knocked out the supposition, lol.
Both the timing and the lack of information by Disney look ill planned which is shocking because Disney has been in the theme park business for 69 years.
I think maybe that's because you identify or communicate more with people who use DAS.

For the average park goer a reduction in DAS is probably seen as positive news.

For example the thing that I hear from everyone who goes to Disney as a once if a lifetime are complaints about large people using scooters to board the buses first (obviously unaffected by the DAS changes). It doesn't matter that half the time they have to wait longer because each bus only fits two scooters, its seen as undeserving people getting special treatment and its the most visible example of a health accommodation. You even hear people in the bus lines name calling and muttering about people on scooters if you listen.

The stories about Disney cracking down on wheelchair users for hire were massively popular and were great marketing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter