ROFR Thread April to June 2021 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know if I’m missing something here, but shouldn’t those 2020 points have been banked long before now if it’s a June use year? I’m new at this, so ignore me if I’m talking rubbish😳

Yes. Either banked into 2021 or they have expired as a June UY is now in it's 2021 UY.

mrsclark---$160-$29234-170-BCV-Jun-170/20, 170/21, 170/22, 170/23- sent 6/21

Again my dad is the actual purchaser - I am doing all the research and legwork. We also have a 200 point BCV June UY contract currently going through ROFR.

If you have read any of my other recent threads, you saw that after the 200 point contract we thought we would go direct for 25-50 points if we couldn't find a small resale contract with our UY. Instead, my dad decided he wanted to be able to stay for even more nights and therefore wanted even more points and so we made an offer and it was accepted on this loaded contract!
I'm not sure that those June 170/20 are likely not useable unless they banked into 2021

A few months ago I had a situation where a property was listed much too high. I bid like $18 less than listing price and broker told me “yes, seller wanted this listed high, your offer is way too low, etc” Like two weeks later they wrote back wanting to take my offer but we had already decided to buy direct points and passed on it. Some sellers have unrealistic expectations and have to get a bunch of much lower offers before they decide to sell lower or pull the listing and keep the points for themselves.
I think some brokers play into the high pricing more than others do. As a former real estate broker, I would have always rather had few clients but ones who would list their properties at reasonable prices than more properties with unrealistic sellers— those sellers are always the biggest problem!
i actually had a deal late last year (as real estate attorney not broker) and I turned the client down when he wanted to be unrealistic with how he handled contracts. A friend of mine was the real estate agent on the deal and it wound up being an absolute nightmare- it only closed because the brokers agreed to a reduction in commission money to help the purchaser pay for necessary permits.
It seems like a lot of real estate agents push their clients to accept “reasonable” offers, ie, offers in a price range where the property can be sold relatively easily, without much effort. Granted, I’m sure many sellers’ unrealistic expectations need to be curbed, but when or if I ever sell a contract, I’d rather have an agent who pushed for at least a slightly more “unreasonable offer“ than one who took the path of least resistance where they would have a sale but I’d have less money.

macman123---$160-$10350-60-VGF-Aug-0/20, 60/21, 60/22 - sent 5/19 - taken 06/21
I’d almost rather have offered them $175 and paid the extra $900 to get the contract and probably avoid ROFR. Those small ones are very hard to find. Sorry you lost this one.

yes! They were already banked - I wasn’t sure if I should list double the amount of points in 2021 and no points in 2020? If I did it wrong I will correct and repost

You should list it as double under the 2021 UY. Glad they were banked!

That is an amazing price! I’m waiting on ROFR now on a 240 point BR contract at $100 per point.. questioning if that was a good deal after seeing this! If you don’t mind me asking- what was the original asking price? Please let us know if this passes!
That’s why I’m hopeful, it seems it wouldn’t make sense for them to buy BRV, direct buyers looking for Wilderness Lodge would most likely buy CCV instead so fingers crossed, that said, this is a pretty low price per point and they bought something back last year around $85 so we’ll see, I’m starting to check my email nonstop hoping to see an update

Rush---$123-$26956-200-AKV-Jun-0/20, 374/21, 200/22, 200/23- sent 6/21

We considered adding on at RIV direct, in the end we just love AKV so much we decided to just to add on there resale. After multiple failed attempts to reach agreements on similar sized contracts at much higher prices, all from a certain broker, we feel pretty good about this one. Considering the banked points we felt it was a good price, but hopefully just high enough to get through ROFR.

Lee Matthews---$90-$9561.50-100-VB-Jun-0/19, 0/20, 50/21, 100/22-seller pay closing- sent 5/28 - Passed 6/21

Was expecting this to pass but glad I'm past ROFR on both contracts now.
Congratulations!! 🎉 My contract for Boulder ridge at $100 a point for 240 points was also sent 5/28 so this gives me hope that the wait won’t be long! What was your other contract?

Thanks. Yeah you shouldn't be waiting much longer at all

It was a 220 point Contract for Animal Kingdom Villas.

Still got to work out logistics, as we probably didn't buy the best use years but Vero is a small contract (especially with the dues) and plan to visit for 7-10 days every other year. AKV will be the main WDW trip, again probably every other year and then we will do a sprinkle of cash trips too on Cruise line and Disneyland Paris. Essentially the plan is to visit 2 of the 4 every year.

Thanks. Yeah you shouldn't be waiting much longer at all

It was a 220 point Contract for Animal Kingdom Villas.

Still got to work out logistics, as we probably didn't buy the best use years but Vero is a small contract (especially with the dues) and plan to visit for 7-10 days every other year. AKV will be the main WDW trip, again probably every other year and then we will do a sprinkle of cash trips too on Cruise line and Disneyland Paris. Essentially the plan is to visit 2 of the 4 every year.
Sounds like a great plan and you have a longer contract with AKV!

metsciti---$151-$26110-165-BLT-Mar-0/20, 0/21, 244/22, 165/23-Delayed Closing Oct- sent 5/29, passed 6/22

First contract and very happy to have this one pass through. Now we wait until later this year. The boards have been very helpful in understanding the potential issues with a delayed contract.
Do I get to buy a tshirt / magnet now or do I have to wait for my official initiation? 😉

Last edited:
metsciti---$151-$26110-165-BLT-Oct-0/20, 0/21, 244/22, 165/23-Delayed Closing Oct- sent 5/29, passed 6/22

First contract and very happy to have this one pass through. Now we wait until later this year. The boards have been very helpful in understanding the potential issues with a delayed contract.
Do I get to buy a tshirt / magnet now or do I have to wait for my official initiation? 😉
How did they bank 2021 points into 2022? Wouldn't you have to wait until Oct to do that? I'm still mastering my understanding of banking here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter