ROFR Thread April to June 2021 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few months ago I had a situation where a property was listed much too high. I bid like $18 less than listing price and broker told me “yes, seller wanted this listed high, your offer is way too low, etc” Like two weeks later they wrote back wanting to take my offer but we had already decided to buy direct points and passed on it. Some sellers have unrealistic expectations and have to get a bunch of much lower offers before they decide to sell lower or pull the listing and keep the points for themselves.
I think some brokers play into the high pricing more than others do. As a former real estate broker, I would have always rather had few clients but ones who would list their properties at reasonable prices than more properties with unrealistic sellers— those sellers are always the biggest problem!
i actually had a deal late last year (as real estate attorney not broker) and I turned the client down when he wanted to be unrealistic with how he handled contracts. A friend of mine was the real estate agent on the deal and it wound up being an absolute nightmare- it only closed because the brokers agreed to a reduction in commission money to help the purchaser pay for necessary permits.

I also had that exact thing a little over 2 years ago. And their contracts sat for quite a bit longer and they reduced until I finally noticed them gone.

Changing my strategy here, this one is risky but I think it has a chance.

VdoesDisney---$86.67-$14962.12-150-BRV-Aug-0/20, 300/21, 150/22, sent 6/1

Edited with correct resort, this one is for Boulder Ridge
That is an amazing price! I’m waiting on ROFR now on a 240 point BR contract at $100 per point.. questioning if that was a good deal after seeing this! If you don’t mind me asking- what was the original asking price? Please let us know if this passes!

Sale cancelled, unfortunately. Estoppel came back, and it turned out the sellers owed A LOT. On top of my closing funds, they were going to owe another $6,300. So, they're going to let Disney foreclose. 😖

I am so sorry for you, but that balance is amazing. How much did they pay per point? It doesn't seem like they could have purchased long ago.

That is an amazing price! I’m waiting on ROFR now on a 240 point BR contract at $100 per point.. questioning if that was a good deal after seeing this! If you don’t mind me asking- what was the original asking price? Please let us know if this passes!
You definitely have a great deal, I got one of those random deals you have to be incredibly lucky to find, it’s definitely not common and there is a risk it won’t pass ROFR (we should be hearing back this week). What I posted was the listed price, I didn’t try to negotiate.

Last edited:

I’m really surprised that they bought back VGF with all the points for sale on the horizon.
I called to add on direct that is one of the few they have a waitlist for and no current inventory. My guide said when they do start selling the increased inventory next year it won’t be at RIV or AUL pricing but at the current sold out pricing or higher. there is a lot of demand for VGF they said

I called to add on direct that is one of the few they have a waitlist for and no current inventory. My guide said when they do start selling the increased inventory next year it won’t be at RIV or AUL pricing but at the current sold out pricing or higher. there is a lot of demand for VGF they said

And "PVB will start selling for $200" and "BLT will sell out in a month before it's available for non-members".

Take a timeshare sales persons info along with a healthy dose of skepticism. There's virtually no chance they know at this point but it's definite they will state that to sell now if you are inquiring about VGF.

And "PVB will start selling for $200" and "BLT will sell out in a month before it's available for non-members".

Take a timeshare sales persons info along with a healthy dose of skepticism. There's virtually no chance they know at this point but it's definite they will state that to sell now if you are inquiring about VGF.
Absolutely agree! Healthy dose of sceptisim always. At they end of the day, they are sales ppl and they want to tell you what they think they need to to close a deal. That said, I do believe VGF will sell at a premium (likely at current sold out price) especially being that the points will belong to existing condo association. I don’t see them going down on price. Everyone would just wait until next year to buy points which isn’t happening now given the waitlists. If it were a BRV and CCV situation (where CCV was a part of new assoc) I could maybe see some pricing fluctuations

CORRECTED

I originally showed 2020 points that were banked incorrectly -this is now the corrected data string

mrsclark---$160-$29234-170-BCV-Jun-0/20, 340/21, 170/22, 170/23- sent 6/21

Again my dad is the actual purchaser - I am doing all the research and legwork. We also have a 200 point BCV June UY contract currently going through ROFR.

If you have read any of my other recent threads, you saw that after the 200 point contract we thought we would go direct for 25-50 points if we couldn't find a small resale contract with our UY. Instead, my dad decided he wanted to be able to stay for even more nights and therefore wanted even more points and so we made an offer and it was accepted on this loaded contract!

Last edited:
You definitely have a great deal, I got one of those random deals you have to be incredibly lucky to find, it’s definitely not common and there is a risk it won’t pass ROFR (we should be hearing back this week). What I posted was the listed price, I didn’t try to negotiate.
Wow, that is so amazing! I hope you get past ROFR! They haven’t bought a single BR contract back this year so you might make it! I can’t wait to find out!

$129-$22609-160-AKL-Dec-36/20, 320/21, 160/22-Sent 06/14/21

Reading we are on the higher end on what has passed ROFR but it was a little loaded imo for the 21 Dec points coming that they banked from 2020. I am partially nervous because we looked at direct first but paying almost 9000 more for direct is crazy pants imo as well. Well see we are patiently waiting til July 6th which is the 21 day mark before we panic!!!! Here's to the broker we are working with and the title company being a positive experience through and through.

Last edited:
$129-$22609-160-AKL-Dec-36/20, 320/21, 160/22-Sent 06/14/21

Reading we are on the higher end on what has passed ROFR but it was a little loaded imo for the 21 Dec points coming that they banked from 2020. I am partially nervous because we looked at direct first but paying almost 9000 more for direct is crazy pants imo as well. Well see we are patiently waiting til July 6th which is the 30 day mark before we panic!!!! Here's to the broker we are working with and the title company being a positive experience through and through.
That looks great! I wish I would have looked for a loaded contract! Seems like such a good deal to get a loaded one!

mrsclark---$160-$29234-170-BCV-Jun-170/20, 170/21, 170/22, 170/23- sent 6/21

Again my dad is the actual purchaser - I am doing all the research and legwork. We also have a 200 point BCV June UY contract currently going through ROFR.

If you have read any of my other recent threads, you saw that after the 200 point contract we thought we would go direct for 25-50 points if we couldn't find a small resale contract with our UY. Instead, my dad decided he wanted to be able to stay for even more nights and therefore wanted even more points and so we made an offer and it was accepted on this loaded contract!

I don’t know if I’m missing something here, but shouldn’t those 2020 points have been banked long before now if it’s a June use year? I’m new at this, so ignore me if I’m talking rubbish😳

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter