ROFR Thread April to June 2021 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
That seems very odd to have been waiting almost two months from passing ROFR. Were you working with a competent broker and title company, and was there a delayed closing?
ROFR is done, that took less than 25 days. waiting on the points to get loaded on the website so I can use the contract now.

Sale cancelled, unfortunately. Estoppel came back, and it turned out the sellers owed A LOT. On top of my closing funds, they were going to owe another $6,300. So, they're going to let Disney foreclose. 😖

What a bummer! i wonder if that's why it passed ROFR (Disney has been taken CCV around that price recently)

What a bummer! i wonder if that's why it passed ROFR (Disney has been taken CCV around that price recently)

It still would have fallen to the sellers to pay the difference although I guess DVC might have decided to skip based on that if they even checked into it that far. My guess though is it's just something they decided to let thru ROFR.

You think they would have known that before.

Was definitely a surprise, as I hadn't heard of this happening before. Was certainly disappointing since it had full 2019, 2020, and 2021 points...

For those looking to buy, it certainly highlights the risk of paying full price when buying direct and financing if you don't have the money up front or if you're not sure you're going to keep it.

Last edited:
Congrats. Guessing that was full asking. I think this was the contract I saw for $160 a point that I considered trying to get for $150 to $155.

Thanks! it actually wasn’t full asking - we offered 155$ and seller came back at 160$ (still lower than asking).

To be honest, we were concerned 155$ wasn’t going to clear ROFR and anticipated a counter offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter