Post a Picture of Your Camping Setup at Other Campgrounds!!

WOW. Very nice.

This is what I miss at FW

DSC00576.jpg
You don't have to "miss this". We do it all the time at the Fort with our covered portable fire pit. That is permitted.

Just got back from an overnight at Henderson Beach State Park in Destin, FL. Sad that it was only one night, but that's all the time away hubby and I could manage this time, and we live close enough to make it feasible.

We had a great time - I would highly recommend this campground as a "vacation at the beach" spot.

One drawback to this place is the fact that it's right off of busy Hwy. 98, and you can hear traffic going by from the campground, which of course wouldn't be a problem in an RV with its own air conditioner going. In the tent, it was a little bothersome at first, but we stopped hearing it before too long.

Also, the campsites are covered with gravel instead of sand, which makes for a neater campsite, but is uncomfortable for walking around inside the tent. I was fine as long as I had my slippers on. We sleep on a nice air mattress, but I would hate to lay directly over that sharp gravel with just a sleeping bag and the floor of a tent between me and it.

Now, having got those couple of minor problems mentioned, let me show you how beautiful this place is. Sorry about the low quality of the photos - they were all taken on my phone.

Here is our empty site -

DSC00032.jpg

and another angle -
DSC00031.jpg

Hubby, having just finished setting up the tent -

DSC00019.jpg

and another view of the tent -

DSC00020.jpg

The shower house is air conditioned and very nice. I snuck a few photos while no one was in there (this is the ladies side, of course)

DSC00028.jpg

DSC00029.jpg

DSC00030.jpg

The state park has one public access beach, and another one that's only for the use of the campers, which is a short walk away via a really nice boardwalk/nature trail. Here's one of the views from the boardwalk -

DSC00027.jpg

And a couple of shots of the camper's beach itself -

DSC00025.jpg

DSC00024.jpg

Litebrite...thats does look like a very nice campground, and ya cant beat being on the beach. How long of a walk is it to the beach from the campground?

We have the same tent as you guys, 19x10 megellan from academy sports....nice & roomy and I can stand up in it while getting dressed.

This is an Outdoor Adventures campground in Davison, MI. We were there last weekend with my mom and stepdad.

IMG_6304.jpg

This is our site. It was a fhu site.

We were right across from my mom's site.....she has a hybrid tt and there were 7 people sleeping in there last weekend. She liked to put up her add-a-room every weekend...we only use ours if we are going to be somewhere for a week or more.

IMG_6319.jpg

IMG_6306.jpg

There was a little man-made lake with fountains, rental boats, a beach and fishing spots.

IMG_6309.jpg

There was also an 18 hole mini-golf which only cost $1 and was nicer than many public courses we've played.

LiteBrite, My Uncle was a volunteer there last summer. We live very close to there.. I hope to make it there for July 4 next year!
Thanks for the pictures!

Litebrite...thats does look like a very nice campground, and ya cant beat being on the beach. How long of a walk is it to the beach from the campground?

It only took about 5 or 7 minutes from our campsite to the beach, all on a nice boardwalk so nothing to hurt your feet.

We have the same tent as you guys, 19x10 megellan from academy sports....nice & roomy and I can stand up in it while getting dressed.

That's exactly why we ended up with such a big tent just for the 2 of us - it was the only one we could find that hubby could stand up and walk around in. I like having the extra space in there, though. We only use 1 of the room dividers, at the far end, for a "dressing room", and have all the rest of that space for a nice big living room/bedroom. :thumbsup2

LiteBrite, My Uncle was a volunteer there last summer. We live very close to there.. I hope to make it there for July 4 next year!
Thanks for the pictures!

Howdy, neighbor - I live in Gulf Breeze. :wave:

Shannone, we took the tour of that campground in 03 when we bought our first TT. I like everything about it except for the greasy closer they brought in after the tour. We ended up walking out after being insulted and I tore up my free weeks camping coupon.

Shannone, we took the tour of that campground in 03 when we bought our first TT. I like everything about it except for the greasy closer they brought in after the tour. We ended up walking out after being insulted and I tore up my free weeks camping coupon.

Yeah, we didn't buy into it either. It's an ROD resort and we can get $5 a night camping for up to 3 weeks a year there as ROD members. The sites are our home park are much bigger...and it's even closer to home :thumbsup2

Originally Posted by BigDaddyRog
My tow vehicle and our bumper-pull traveltrailer....I went for the simple floorplan with no options.....

72b25de6.jpg

I see this tow vehicle does not have the "Tow Package" either!:scared1: :thumbsup2

It may appear to be a simple pull strap..but in reality its a high tech blueberry flavored candy ribbon for maximum safety!!!

Apperently the dog didnt feel it was safe enough...as you can see, he made his way to the front seat!!!

This is one of My favorite places to camp. It's a State Park (I think) in Northwest Florida (Munson) and it called Cold Water Recreation. It's a horse facility with stables, paddocks and plenty Marked Trails. It's really nice to get away from it all and just relax! They have creek and canoe renting close by.

[
100_0598.jpg

100_0599.jpg

Morning
100_0605.jpg
[
100_0609.jpg
I
100_0602.jpg

100_0604.jpg

100_0600.jpg

These were taken over last weekend up in Glen, NH. Nice place, with huge fields for sporting events or gatherings. Plenty of room for the kids to run, or just sit down at night away from the lights and watch for shooting stars.

PICT0006.jpg

The southern half of the fields with soccer game going on at far end:
PICT0009.jpg

Nancy enjoying the calm before the storm of cooking a big dinner!:

PICT0017.jpg

The vital first ingredient to any well-prepared camp meal in hand, Nancy discusses the menu with SIL (Kind of like the Chef's Table at V&A, but for campers):

PICT0018.jpg

BIL and SIL enjoying the aroma of a pork roast slow roasting in a 12QT Dutch Oven:

PICT0020.jpg

Good food, adult beverages (except for Justin who has a cup of milk on the ground) and music, what else could you ask for? Weather cold enough to get rid of the mosquitos! :cool1:

PICT0038.jpg

On the way home, taken in Crawford Notch on Rte 302:

PICT0042.jpg

Beautiful!! We don't get to see the leaves change down here!

Very nice pics, thanks for sharing!! I LOVE fall camping! :goodvibes The color's are beautiful!

These were taken over last weekend up in Glen, NH. Nice place, with huge fields for sporting events or gatherings. Plenty of room for the kids to run, or just sit down at night away from the lights and watch for shooting stars.

PICT0006.jpg

The southern half of the fields with soccer game going on at far end:
PICT0009.jpg

Nancy enjoying the calm before the storm of cooking a big dinner!:

PICT0017.jpg

The vital first ingredient to any well-prepared camp meal in hand, Nancy discusses the menu with SIL (Kind of like the Chef's Table at V&A, but for campers):

PICT0018.jpg

BIL and SIL enjoying the aroma of a pork roast slow roasting in a 12QT Dutch Oven:

PICT0020.jpg

Good food, adult beverages (except for Justin who has a cup of milk on the ground) and music, what else could you ask for? Weather cold enough to get rid of the mosquitos! :cool1:

PICT0038.jpg

On the way home, taken in Crawford Notch on Rte 302:

PICT0042.jpg

LOVE this place. :lovestruc We used to vacation in Glen as well...my parents had a condo there. They sold it a number of years ago, as my dad had a stroke it's an almost 8 hour drive from where they live on Long Island. He used to fly his own plane, so it was convenient then..but not once they had to drive. Anyway...we have driven through this campground several times..and it is BEAUTIFUL! We have always wanted to bring our camper there. We have been doing a seasonal site in upstate NY for the last few years, but we're pulling out this weekend..and hoping to do some towing next summer. My husband absolutely LOVES NH...and when he see's your photos, I have a feeling, he might be going straight to Glen Ellis,..instead of home here to Long Island.
Looks like you had a fabulous time. There is nothing quite like autumn in New England. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter