Post a Picture of Your Camping Setup at Other Campgrounds!!

Lone Pine Campground, Colchester, VT
http://www.lonepinecampsites.com/

DSCN1960.jpg
[/IMG]

DSCN1959.jpg
[/IMG]

Twin Mountain KOA, New Hampshire

DSCN2080.jpg
[/IMG]

DSCN2084.jpg
[/IMG]

Newburgh KOA, New York

DSCN2287.jpg
[/IMG]

DSCN2285.jpg

IMGP1381.jpg

Not fully set up but this was the only one I had here, will put up more later. This is at Roman Nose State Park, Watonga, Oklahoma.

Is that a genny in the back of your truck? How do you like the dually? I had two prior to my current 07 Mega cab (cummins) and sometimes I miss it!

Love the dually! Have had 3/4 tons before and they are nice but for me the 1ton dually is the only way to go. Love the stability even though I am giving up some ride comforate.

Nice to see a fellow Cummins Tubo Diesel driver.

Thought you Dodge fans would like this one-
camper%20train.jpg

That is a '04 Dodge Ram 3500 with the Turbo Cummins diesel pulling a 36' Carriage Cameo and 7x12 Interstate cargo trailer with our two Harley's in it. Believe it or not it pulled like a dream and I still got 11mpg. I still have the truck and the Harleys.

camper%20train.jpg

That is a '04 Dodge Ram 3500 with the Turbo Cummins diesel pulling a 36' Carriage Cameo and 7x12 Interstate cargo trailer with our two Harley's in it. Believe it or not it pulled like a dream and I still got 11mpg. I still have the truck and the Harleys.

:thumbsup2

camper%20train.jpg

That is one great looking set up. There are few Dodge owners in our area, mostly Ford and Chevy for some reason (and probably not a good one). When I was looking to replace the truck last year, I was actively searching for a good price on a decent '06 Cummins with manual transmission but the rising price of diesel pushed me toward the Toyota and a gas engine. I kept running the numbers through my head on overall fuel costs for the year, whether the tow vehicle would be a daily driver for work or grab an inexpensive commuter car...can you tell I've got second thoughts now that fuel prices are down?

PS - R U getting around 22 mpg when not towing? The rental we had from Salt Lake City was getting somewhere north of 21 when we drove around looking at the sites without the trailer/

Yes, I just drove up to Lansing today and keeping it at 65 mph the computer showed 22 mpg. BTW, it's an automatic and my daily commuter.

Yes, I just drove up to Lansing today and keeping it at 65 mph the computer showed 22 mpg. BTW, it's an automatic and my daily commuter.

Brad, did the Cameo come stock with that hitch? I am fixing to tow my cart and want to install the lights for my trailer. I'm thinking of coming off the wiring harness under the trailer so it looks cleaner. I'm also ordring a camera so I can see the trailer in case anything happens. I already know FL doesn't allow triples but I talked to a trooper and he said if you have everything hooked up properly they don't make it a point to mess with you.

Brad, did the Cameo come stock with that hitch? I am fixing to tow my cart and want to install the lights for my trailer. I'm thinking of coming off the wiring harness under the trailer so it looks cleaner. I'm also ordring a camera so I can see the trailer in case anything happens. I already know FL doesn't allow triples but I talked to a trooper and he said if you have everything hooked up properly they don't make it a point to mess with you.

I still have the swivel wheel we could make a good deal.

That is one great looking set up. There are few Dodge owners in our area, mostly Ford and Chevy for some reason (and probably not a good one). When I was looking to replace the truck last year, I was actively searching for a good price on a decent '06 Cummins with manual transmission but the rising price of diesel pushed me toward the Toyota and a gas engine. I kept running the numbers through my head on overall fuel costs for the year, whether the tow vehicle would be a daily driver for work or grab an inexpensive commuter car...can you tell I've got second thoughts now that fuel prices are down?

PS - R U getting around 22 mpg when not towing? The rental we had from Salt Lake City was getting somewhere north of 21 when we drove around looking at the sites without the trailer/

My wife's daily driver is a 05 dodge 2500 4x4 with a 6 speed. Putting pen to paper her mpg is 19 mpg. Her 01 dodge 2500 4x4 6 speed would do 21 mpg.

I still have the swivel wheel we could make a good deal.

What's your price? How can you get it here lol?

My wife's daily driver is a 05 dodge 2500 4x4 with a 6 speed. Putting pen to paper her mpg is 19 mpg. Her 01 dodge 2500 4x4 6 speed would do 21 mpg.

I can't picture Wendy driving a big ol truck like that everyday. Mrs Lonestar is about a 100 pounds and doesn't fit that as her daily ride lol.

The hitch was custom made by the dealer I bought the Cameo from. If you looked at it up close you would swear it was a standard class 3 hitch. They tapped into the standard wiring so the lights and even the brakes worked just like stock. It just so happens my son and I rigged up a backup camera, too. In Michigan that is called a recreational double and is perfectly legal as long as you are not over 65'. :rolleyes1

The hitch was custom made by the dealer I bought the Cameo from. If you looked at it up close you would swear it was a standard class 3 hitch. They tapped into the standard wiring so the lights and even the brakes worked just like stock. It just so happens my son and I rigged up a backup camera, too. In Michigan that is called a recreational double and is perfectly legal as long as you are not over 65'. :rolleyes1

It's not legal in FL but I see it a lot. Mostly from people traveling from up north actually bringing their enclosed down for the winter. I would think they bring all their stuff needed while away for so long or maybe motorcycles and golf carts are in them.

I measured my truck and camper today and it's about 52' long from bumper to bumper. If doubles were legal here that gives me 13' to play with. I figure a 10 foot long trailer with 2' of tongue should keep me close.

Did you have to hardwire in the camera to the transmitter that relays to the monitor? I don't think there is enough signal to go that far.

I can't picture Wendy driving a big ol truck like that everyday. Mrs Lonestar is about a 100 pounds and doesn't fit that as her daily ride lol.

Wendy says hello and thank you for the 100 pounds. When we got married she drove a GT mustang. One night when she was coming home from college she slid it under the back of a suv. So she said no more cars and I wanted a extra diesel around. Now she likes blowing black smoke out the tail pipe as much as the next guy.:thumbsup2

OK- here are a few shots of tent camping trips we've taken over the years... just highlights of 2 of my favorite places in the world...

One is in the Pocono Mountains- Promised Land State Park- they were rustic sites- glorified outhouses, no running water- but amazing views :-)

Campingtrip9107005.jpg

Some of the views from the lakeront campsites-
camping10-12-07002.jpg

This trip was on Columbus Day weekend went down to 25 overnight and only up to 50 during the day...
camping10-12-07005.jpg

These are from Worthington State Forest in upstate NJ by the Deleware Water Gap- though we set up in a downpour...

Campingtrip10-19-07023.jpg

Campingtrip10-19-07015.jpg

But never have it be said I didnt camp in style....

Campingtrip10-19-07028.jpg

Yes, that is a couch in my tent!:banana:

Tigg....I noticed the coleman loveseat...I have one also...does yours tend to lean forward when you sit in it? Mine does..so does the chair...such a good idea...but dangit, mine just arent as comfortable as they look!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter