Post a Picture of Your Camping Setup at Other Campgrounds!!

Nice concrete slabs in Cali huh Carol?

Vickie, thanks for the Townsend campground pics. I always here people saying that Townsend is a nice place to stay. We drove through one park there and it seemed really nice!

Nice concrete slabs in Cali huh Carol?

Vickie, thanks for the Townsend campground pics. I always here people saying that Townsend is a nice place to stay. We drove through one park there and it seemed really nice!

I stayed at the Townsend KOA in November of 07

Here are some pics. I liked it, but thought it was a bit high pricewise:

http://mouseketab.blogspot.com/2007_11_01_archive.html

If I'm not mistaken, the Townsend KOA has raised their prices even more this year. I doubt we'll be staying there again. There are several others close.

Townsend is the best area to stay if you are only going to see the Smokies. If you plan on going to Pigeon Forge or Gatlingburg often, then I'd choose somewhere else. We stayed at Clabough's on Wear Valley Road last August when we went to Dollywood. It's a nice campground just off the main road in Pigeon Forge. A trolley runs through there that will take you to Gatlinburg or areas in PF. We never used it, but know quite a few people that would rather use the trolleys instead of driving.

Carol, after looking at your pics, I realized it was November when we were in Townsend. We were there the same time as you! I remember all the T@Bs there. It was the 1st time we had seen a T@B. We all thought they were so cute!

Wow Carol, CA looked like a parking lot rather than a campground.

Here are some more of the Townsend KOA, these are from July/Aug of this year. Yes the prices have gone up, but since for us it is only an hour drive up 321 from Maryville(Knoxville), we will probably still go for quick get aways(next summer is all ready reserved actually). We were on site 11 and my folks were on site 12 DDad has a 40ft Fiver and was fine, but we did eventually switch where we parked the trucks(I'm bet some people were wondering how he pulled that thing with a Ram 1500)

summer08194.jpg

summer08189.jpg

From our deck
summer08192.jpg

Hungry Mother Sate Park in VA, April 08. We met up with DBIL and DSIL for their first trip in a camper. It was a quick trip, only 2 days just to help them learn how to set up/tear down so we didn't explore much. We did rent canoes one day and fished from the back of their site. Sites are water and electic only, they were building a new bathhouse that looked nice and should be open now(loop b I think).
summer08016.jpg

summer08013.jpg

Maggie , thanks for the pics,, there great.
We like Townsend also,, nice place. :thumbsup2

Did the young man catch any fish ?

Nope, didn't catch a thing. He had fun though and was out whenever he could be. His Aunt was trying to teach him to fly cast, he caught trees a few times though.

Nope, didn't catch a thing. He had fun though and was out whenever he could be. His Aunt was trying to teach him to fly cast, he caught trees a few times though.

Could she teach me to Fly Fish,,I always end up squirrel fishing .
Nice thing bout fish'n, you don't have to catch to have fun and enjoy yourself. :thumbsup2

Here's a pic from one of my favorite campgrounds, Mama Gertie's near Asheville, NC, a little town called Swanannoa. Lot's of good reviews here (scroll down to Mama's review). I didn't take a whole lot of pics, I was too 'busy' relaxing. We have been there 3-4 times and love it. Part of it's charm is that it is perched on a mountainside and heavily wooded. This first pic shows just how steep the slope of the campground is, the MH up the hill has it's floor at about our roof level (or window tops, I guess). But, the paved pad is level to within one inch, according to the owner, and I believe it. Pretty impressive. But boy, it is steep driving in.

Mama_Gerties_20070704.jpg

And this second pic is of the overlook where they are clearing for future expansion... what a view you'll have! Can't wait to stay up here!

20080702193916.jpg

I gotta ask how the heck did he manage to pull a 40ft with a 1500. Must be a ram 1500 on steroids. I just can't believe a regular 1/2 ton could even stop one at highway speeds. I am sure any truck can pull one but over a distance i just can't see how.

My tow vehicle and our bumper-pull traveltrailer....I went for the simple floorplan with no options.....
72b25de6.jpg

This is where I like to camp:

It looks like a brigade level TOC. I wouldn't want to be here because they didn't remote their antennas - an artillery strike waiting to happen - WAIT - this is probably in Iraq or A-stan - forget that - they don't have that capability.

I spent more time than I care to remember in places very similar to this - I about lived in 577s for a long, long time. I still hear radio chatter in the background if I listen closely. eeeerie......

toc.jpg

M-577 = command carrier - here's a picture - very old - of one with the extension up. They haven't changed much. A Brigade Combat Team will usually establish a TOC (Tactical Operations Center) - it's usually 3 577s, a 113 and a few hummers with extensions and other tents used to battle track and command and control a brigade. Lots of fun and confusion. I miss it

M-577.jpg

My tow vehicle and our bumper-pull traveltrailer....I went for the simple floorplan with no options.....
72b25de6.jpg

We use to tie wagons to our bikes...but this gives those scrapes and bruises a whole new meaning! :laughing:

Btw, I see the Husky is enjoying a ride on the *front* of the golf cart! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!