Post a Picture of Your Camping Setup at Other Campgrounds!!

Disney4Dan-

I LOVED these pictures! It looks like a great campground, and great company. I also enjoyed the pic's with the guitars. I never thought about bringing mine to FtW. I think I might do that over Halloween & we can all join hands and sing Kumbaya!! (LOL)

Disney4Dan-

I LOVED these pictures! It looks like a great campground, and great company. I also enjoyed the pic's with the guitars. I never thought about bringing mine to FtW. I think I might do that over Halloween & we can all join hands and sing Kumbaya!! (LOL)

I think we'd all enjoy seeing a photo of this... :lmao:

Oh Lawd...if Debs gonna do Kumbaya...you guys better forget every word you know to it...she'll bring her own lyrics...and they will be raunchy!!!!

These were taken a couple of weeks ago, the colors werent really full yet but it was still very pretty.
PA030278.jpg

This guy always shows up and drinks all my beer.
PA040286.jpg

This was after he drank a lot of my beer
PA040292.jpg

another shot of bright lake
PA030282.jpg

Disney4Dan-

We brought his quitar to the Fort in August as well, but it does tend to take up some valuable real estate in the trailer, and you have to be really careful about what get's put near it! Kind of like eggs.

Re: Kumbaya - Justin is into music that's a little more, wellll, heavy. He hung out with the uncles and played along with some Metallica and AC/DC. Once they tried to show him some Fleetwood Mac or Beatles, he was outta there! Justin's band was contacted and invited to a local battle of the bands competition next month in Worcester. Sounds like a fairly big deal, and we'll keep you updated. They had two shows earlier this year in a dive bar in one of our local mill towns and word got around.

LOVE this place. :lovestruc We used to vacation in Glen as well...my parents had a condo there. They sold it a number of years ago, as my dad had a stroke it's an almost 8 hour drive from where they live on Long Island. He used to fly his own plane, so it was convenient then..but not once they had to drive. Anyway...we have driven through this campground several times..and it is BEAUTIFUL! We have always wanted to bring our camper there. We have been doing a seasonal site in upstate NY for the last few years, but we're pulling out this weekend..and hoping to do some towing next summer. My husband absolutely LOVES NH...and when he see's your photos, I have a feeling, he might be going straight to Glen Ellis,..instead of home here to Long Island.
Looks like you had a fabulous time. There is nothing quite like autumn in New England. :thumbsup2

Let me know if you come by - always up for another trip (although I really have to get that winterization done soon, before it becomes "repairs").

Here are some pictures of this years vacation. We were on the intercoastal waterway. DH & DS had a great time fishing. We were about 3 blocks from a public beach.

NCVacation2009022.jpg
[/IMG]

NCVacation2009064.jpg
[/IMG]

NCVacation2009065.jpg
[/IMG]

NCVacation2009068.jpg
[/IMG]

NCVacation2009094.jpg
[/IMG]

Was visiting with the folks on Friday and we went through some photos of trips taken in Egypt. Seeing that it's a cold and wintery day here, I wanted to post a few to see if it brightens anyone else's day. These are scans of just a few of thousands they took while in Egypt between 1980 and the late 1990s. Some great adventures and wild tales to be told:

One of the trips with other families out for a loop hitting different oasis (oases?) west of the Nile toward Libya:
8.jpg

9.jpg

The rig all geared up and ready to go with extra fuel, boards and sand anchors:
5.jpg

Rock climbing on the Sinai Penninsula:

010.jpg

Just outside the city of Cairo at the Pyramids of Giza (note the size of these structures, my brother and I climbed to the top of one in July 1980):
012.jpg

Dude ! That is SOOOO amaz'n ! Just how big were the stone blocks and how long did it take ya'll to climb ?

Dude ! That is SOOOO amaz'n ! Just how big were the stone blocks and how long did it take ya'll to climb ?

The blocks were about chest high to me as a teenager, probably 4 feet? I'm thinking it took us the better part of 3 hours to climb. I have been trying to find the photos we took from the top, but they are slides and would take forever to find. The top of the pyramid that we climbed had a flat area about 30 to 40 feet on a side (30 years is a long time ago, not really sure), big enough for a few people to wander around on. Scary part was going down. If you look at the angle, it is steeper than most stairs with no railings. My father had warned us that people who had slipped on the way down were not in very good shape at the bottom, but we were 15 and 16 and Dad did not know as much then as he does now :laughing: .

Did you have your trucks and gear shipped over or outfitted there? Just a bit surprized to see a Chevy truck in Egypt!

Did you have your trucks and gear shipped over or outfitted there? Just a bit surprized to see a Chevy truck in Egypt!

That Chevy was purchased in Massachusetts and shipped over. There was a group that used to go exploring regularly with company vehicles until they lost one in the desert (that fine sand is brutal, got into the tranny of a European made S-10 Blazer and smoked the gears).

In order to get the truck into the country, it had to be shipped direct from the dealer to the shipping company to get crated. They let my father fill the bed of the truck with all kinds of gear before crating, and I think it cost about $8,000 to ship in the early 1990s. The truck could not leave the country once it arrived, but he was able to sell it for a good price when he left. My father is not the kind of person who can sit still on time off and loves to be outside exploring, so he considered it a necessary insanity insurance for the long contract he was on.

At the time, GM had a plant in the country and there were also a lot of European made Chevy's in the country.

hiddenrdg06.jpg

Hidden Ridge RV Park on US-131 half way between Kalamazoo and Grand Rapids, MI. Super nice RV park with large lots.
snowlk06.jpg

Snow Lake Campground just north of Ionia, MI. This is an older former KOA, as you can see the lots are very tight. This picture is of a family gathering, to the very far left, behind the van is one DSIL, the camper in front of the van is another DSIL and DMIL, the truck camper is a former riding friend, our coach, and then our best friends coach.
jelly06.jpg

Jellystone Park in Frankenmuth, MI. A typical Jellystone but there are very few wide lots, which this is one.
travbayrv07.jpg

Traverse Bay RV Resort outside Travese City, MI. This is a fairly new RV resort and doesn't take popups, tents, etc. This is our third most favorite place to stay.
petkoa08.jpg

Petoskey KOA just north of Petoskey, MI. This is our second most favorite place to stay. This place has tons of stuff to do right in the park, very family oriented. If you ever get to northern Michigan you need to stay here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter