Post a Picture of Your Camping Setup at Other Campgrounds!!

Looks like a great camping site. Thanks for the pictures.

We have a park down the street that we like to go to for quick weekend trips! We had a great site on the water and the breeze was so nice all weekend!

Our site

DSC_7954.jpg

That guy and his pup need lifevests. :scared1:

Thanks guys! It *was* really relaxing! But with all of the boat traffic right in front of us this weekend...all we could do was sit and dream of having a boat again! :rolleyes: It really is a shame to live a mile from the lake and not own a boat! :sad2:

Thanks guys! It *was* really relaxing! But with all of the boat traffic right in front of us this weekend...all we could do was sit and dream of having a boat again! :rolleyes: It really is a shame to live a mile from the lake and not own a boat! :sad2:

Put some pontoons on the golf cart. It'll be environmentally friendly too lol.

I wish we had a place close to us like that. Beautiful!

It WAS a split level! :lmao:

Is that Old Federal? If so, you were lucky to "borrow" another site, it is usually full on weekends and they are soooo strict there! We have never camped there but my mom and aunt love to go there for long weekends. Looks like Old Federal anyway, but most of the campgrounds on Lanier look the same...DRY! Maybe the rain today and a little from FAY will help!:confused3

We prefer the mountains AND a lake and LOVE to camp at Moccasin Creek SP on Lake Burton. I will try to post a few pics. That place is heaven on earth!:cloud9:

Thanks for sharing your pics!

Flame,
This is Sawnee campground near the dam. Yeah, they are strict...alcoholic beverages are prohibited....:rolleyes1 I feel like such an outlaw.

I'd love to see some pic of campgrounds you've been to. We've been here for 2 years now, but not many campgrounds. We camped at Fort Mountain SP, but that campground was just "ok".

Roamer's Campground, Lancaster, PA
lancaster2007005.jpg

lancaster2007006.jpg

Knoebel's
knobles2007007.jpg

Anvil Campground, Williamsburg, VA - I don't recommend this campground to anyone. As if the train rolling through during the middle of the night isn't enough - you have to share campsites. Apparently the sites were once pull-thru, now 2 trailers must back in thus sharing a site. You're just basically sitting on top of your neighbor. Once was enough here.
viginia2007001.jpg

Here is our site in Natural Bridge. I liked this campground because it was shady and wooded and felt like CAMPING. The pool was very clean and everyone in the area was SOOO nice (it seems like everyone gets nicer as soon as we leave NY state). The sites were on quite a hill and were "tiered", so much so that as we were walking down the hill towards our camper we were glad that we washed the top of it!

Cons...apparantly Friday is "kareoke night" at the NB KOA. They BLASTED kareoke from 7pm to 11pm. We tried to turn in early and DH was able to (I hated him) but I tossed and turned while some inebriated person tried to sing "Family Tradition" by Hank Williams Jr. Probably would have been a good time had I been in a different frame of mind!:thumbsup2

FloridaTripPix009.jpg

Thanks for posting. We're camping at NB KOA over labor day. I love watching drunk people on karaoke night. I'll probably have a good time.:lmao: Anything else I need to know?

Man Carol, that place is a regular FW Part 2 lol. So that's camping in CA huh? I think I'd stay in a hotel for that trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter