***Official November 2022 Thread***

Today is our ADR day for our split stay. We are at GF from Nov 29-30 and CBR Dec 1-3. I was able to search for three of the days, Nov 29 to Dec 1st, but I was only able to get one of the dining reservations that I wanted. I have a feeling that I will have bad luck on Sunday morning, when the Dec 2nd and 3rd dates become available.

I guess that this is the disadvantage of a split stay. :(
Good luck on Sunday!!

I’ve never seen ADRs this difficult to get, especially for November. My DD and I went Thanksgiving week in 2018 and I had no trouble!
Well back then you could book at 180 days. Lots of people don’t plan that long ahead so you could usually book three/four months before and have no trouble. Now at 60 days it is just a bloodbath because everyone visiting the parks is booking at the same time.

Well back then you could book at 180 days. Lots of people don’t plan that long ahead so you could usually book three/four months before and have no trouble. Now at 60 days it is just a bloodbath because everyone visiting the parks is booking at the same time.
Yes I agree! I remember getting up super early while we were out of town for Memorial Day weekend and we got everything we wanted.

I haven't even glimpsed Space 220 once in all my stalking so far. Storybook and Toppolino's I only caught once for about 10 seconds before they were gone. Nuts.

There is an Instagram account next page with Meg, and she marks scavenger hunts. I’ve ordered one but haven’t used it yet. But I’m a short trip with people haven’t been in a while May Not be the best option.

Eta they have some 21+ themed ones
My niece would love this! Where can I purchase one?

Yes! I saw that announcement as well (after I went looking for it 😂) I also hope they keep it through November, we love Animal Kingdom!
So maybe you guys could help me talk through my plans (or not, just trying to crowdsource ideas and my husband is sick of my Disney talk 😂) Right now we have this plan, but I'm wondering if its better to rearrange. We plan on getting a hotel about thirty minutes away from Disney in order to maximize our arrival day, vs checking in late. We drive about 15 hours to get there, split into two days, and checking in to a local hotel late the evening before.

Arrival day-11/12, Saturday. Was thinking animal kingdom that day
11/13, Sunday - DHS
11/14, Monday - MK (this is a party day, we are hoping for light crowds. My kids don't love fireworks upclose, so we will be picking another day to watch them from our resort)
11/15 Tuesday - rest. Ohana scheduled at 11:40
11/16 Wednesday - Epcot, Chef Mickey at 12:25 (Unsure if we will keep this or maybe try to reschedule)
11/17 Thursday - Epcot Space220 ressie at 6:40, do not want to change this 😂
11/18 Friday - MK (another party day, hoping for low crowds) Hoop De Doo Revue at 4
11/19 Satuday - departure day, we will probably leave the property around 2-3, not sure what to do this day.

We are casual park goers, especially if its very busy we will likely not want to spend a ton of time in the parks. Thinking of buying genie+ to really help with lines, as my kids are not great at lines more than 15ish minutes. We don't ride any "thrill" rides, only things that have no height requirement, basically. We love the Kidcot stations, and the wilderness explorers/trails at AK, and worry we might prefer two days there. We also want a rest day, (although I'm wondering if we were more relaxed and did half days if we'd really need one). And Disney Springs. And minigolf...... How do we fit it all in?? 😂
You are SO lucky to get Space 220! We’re just trying for the Lounge, no luck so far with TP and MW

I forgot that it was still 180 during my planning for that trip, and probably for my January 2020 trip as well. What a difference!!

You are SO lucky to get Space 220! We’re just trying for the Lounge, no luck so far with TP and MW
That's actually the lounge too, that's the only thing my husband wanted so it was my very first pick for the end of our trip! I've heard some people have luck with next day or walk up reservations 🤞🤞

Magic bands?

One kid did order for he and his wife, and I ordered for the other DS/gf. :)

@MomOTwins - great idea.

I went with nieces/nephews that age last October, and pre-trip....it was extremely difficult to get them to "BUY IN" to Disney clothes, etc. However....once there, they almost all go back to being a kid! It's magical and I'm not being Disney brainwashed. These kids and my family included (nearly 4 teens) are not the matching shirts etc. group. I have found it better to get them a shirt or something that is a character they love....but VERY SUBTLE. For example, my 22yr old niece loves Eeyore, so I got her a shirt with his silhouette barely noticeable....but I didn't give it to her until we had been to 1 park. She wore it on our last day....with her newly purchased Minnie Ears! My kids are anti Disney clothes while there....breaks my heart! LOL.....

I know you mentioned sending them something pre-trip....but maybe offer to buy them a souvenir up to a certain $$ value? I did that too....and my 25yr old nephew (who is the most difficult of the group when it comes to branded anything), he ended up buying the 50th anniv. chocolate....but at least he'll remember that! In fact, he made a comment how he really enjoyed Disney with us and would like to go back with us....so he is going this November with us. I'm thankful!

Thanks for the ideas. I agree they may feel differently once we're on the trip! I think I'm going to get those wrist/gift card things for the F&W festival with them preloaded. I presume those can be used to for anything? (And can't be purchased in advance?)

There is an Instagram account next page with Meg, and she marks scavenger hunts. I’ve ordered one but haven’t used it yet. But I’m a short trip with people haven’t been in a while May Not be the best option.

Eta they have some 21+ themed ones
Thanks!

One kid did order for he and his wife, and I ordered for the other DS/gf. :)

Thanks for the ideas. I agree they may feel differently once we're on the trip! I think I'm going to get those wrist/gift card things for the F&W festival with them preloaded. I presume those can be used to for anything? (And can't be purchased in advance?)

Thanks!
I am not certain on this one...hopefully someone can answer this for you. I don't recall seeing a pre-purchase option.

Good luck on Sunday!!
I realize I am a bit late to help you but I wanted to pass along that I think you can still make dining reservations for the 2nd half of a split stay when your ADR window opens up for the first half. The problem is that you can't do it online since the system doesn't open up the booking window for the 2nd half. You need to call and speak on the phone - I don't remember exactly but I think I had to get connected with a manager who was able to book the future reservations for me. It was a bit of a nuisance but, once I found the right person, they were very familiar with the issue and happy to help.

Ugh…the time seems like it’s dragging. We’re 32 days out now and aside from beginning the packing stage (which…my husband and daughter are done packing) there’s not much else to do aside for prepping for our call to secure DAS. (I’ve attempted doing the parks in the past and managing my symptoms and I wind up missing out and getting other people grumbling at me for leaving the lines then trying to weave back in…I’m not doing it again this trip!) overall things have been pretty stressful here and both my husband and I just wish it was time to leave.

I realized that it’ll be my husband and my 8th anniversary while we’re there. We have a tradition of getting matching pjs every year. It’s usually old navy pjs but we might get some from magic kingdom. Tradition started our first anniversary when we didn’t have money to go to a fancy restaurant or do anything really special. Half the time we don’t really celebrate it…but we always get matching pjs.

Both kids have saved up their money by working off jobs for neighbors or by selling their crafts.

And…today is my sons birthday. I’m feeling some kind of way about how old he is now. It seems like this is a last thought or unimportant because it’s the last thing I’ve mentioned but really I’m just in my feels about it lol

We’re 31 days out and so excited!

Etsy packages have been arriving since we placed an order last week for some cute shirts and ears.

I had to pull out my fall/Halloween decorators from the attic yesterday so I brought down the luggage too and put the shirts and ears in them. Along with previous Disney tops and ears I have.

I really don’t pack until the day before or day of because I need most of my stuff for day to day life lol.

Was it this thread that was talking about the lack of housekeeping still at WDW?

I'm leaving tomorrow for a 3 night work trip and staying at a Marriott Property in New England (not Boston). I did the online check-in this morning and left it selected as every other day (or whatever the choice other than "no housekeeping" was). I just got an email that said "due to staffing levels" there will be no housekeeping. I can get towels from the desk or ask them if I needed a "room refresh" to be arranged.

I did laugh because the subject line of the email was "No Housekeeping During Your Upcoming Stay!". Didn't leave that to chance that I might not notice!

I'm definitely feeling the waiting game too! We booked our travel hotels, although I'm always wondering if we should have picked different ones 😂 already rearranging park days and ADRs of possible, and trying to make lists of rides my kids can and will want to ride so I can prioritize genie+ if we decide to go that route (probably will, they are terrible in lines). Also working on my lists of snacks, because priorities!

Was it this thread that was talking about the lack of housekeeping still at WDW?

I'm leaving tomorrow for a 3 night work trip and staying at a Marriott Property in New England (not Boston). I did the online check-in this morning and left it selected as every other day (or whatever the choice other than "no housekeeping" was). I just got an email that said "due to staffing levels" there will be no housekeeping. I can get towels from the desk or ask them if I needed a "room refresh" to be arranged.

I did laugh because the subject line of the email was "No Housekeeping During Your Upcoming Stay!". Didn't leave that to chance that I might not notice!
We’re doing a split stay, first half Swan which is doing housekeeping and then last 3 days CR. We can survive 3 days without. That worked out nicely for an 8 day trip

I'm definitely stressing more this trip than others. I have our first four days and our last day settled (for now lol) but struggling to figure out what to do with 2 of our days....and I still don't really have all our dining reservations figured out (Still waiting to get 'Ohana somehow). Also I keep checking daily, if not hourly for our flight down; still not a price I'm willing to pay. And magic band selection seems rather unexciting; was hoping the blue 50th band would return. Ah, well. 40 more days for us!

I'm definitely stressing more this trip than others. I have our first four days and our last day settled (for now lol) but struggling to figure out what to do with 2 of our days....and I still don't really have all our dining reservations figured out (Still waiting to get 'Ohana somehow). Also I keep checking daily, if not hourly for our flight down; still not a price I'm willing to pay. And magic band selection seems rather unexciting; was hoping the blue 50th band would return. Ah, well. 40 more days for us!
We’re at 41. I was thinking of rearranging some stuff but since we haven’t been in 13 years and have hoppers just decided WTH we’ll go where booked and see how it goes. We do somehow need to get from CR to HS and back before a 1:00 pm lunch at Steakhouse one day so…but alternative would’ve been Epcot and that’s the last day of F&W plus a Saturday so no way…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!