***Official November 2022 Thread***

I need to do 3 things at 7:00 am - how should I do this? Not sure I can rely on hubby!

VQ for Guardians
ILL for Rise for an afternoon slot
LL for SDD for an afternoon slot
Ek this is a hard one…. If you can’t get a 2nd person to help, which is a ok to skip?

I would probably do SDD, Rise, VQ, but honestly I’m not sure how achievable this is. What is the date?

I need to do 3 things at 7:00 am - how should I do this? Not sure I can rely on hubby!

VQ for Guardians
ILL for Rise for an afternoon slot
LL for SDD for an afternoon slot
That’s a tough one. Probably not going to happen. You should probably either split up you EP and HS days or abandon the VQ and suck it up and pay for ILL for guardians, which typically remains available after 7.

Ek this is a hard one…. If you can’t get a 2nd person to help, which is a ok to skip?

I would probably do SDD, Rise, VQ, but honestly I’m not sure how achievable this is. What is the date?
11/9 we get one day in Disney since this will be our first Universal trip. Rise would be the one that would be OK to skip. I'm going to ask around to find some help booking! How many people can be in your account at once?

That’s a tough one. Probably not going to happen. You should probably either split up you EP and HS days or abandon the VQ and suck it up and pay for ILL for guardians, which typically remains available after 7.
I was listening to a podcast this morning and they mentioned they paid $18/pp+tax for Guardians. While I knew it would be in this ballpark, I think hearing it this morning made me get a bit sticker shocked! Esp b/c I truly think this will make my kids motion sick! I will not be going on it at all.

11/9 we get one day in Disney since this will be our first Universal trip. Rise would be the one that would be OK to skip. I'm going to ask around to find some help booking! How many people can be in your account at once?
Ugh Jersey week too! (We are that day as well!).

I don’t know how many people can be in the account, but I know I’m linked with multiple other adults (plus manage my husband) and have had multiple people using the access, but not always booking.

How old are the kids? Can one of them help book? Your major issue is going to be SDD sells our fast and trying to make sure you get a post 2pm slot, it’s not going to be easy.

I would do SDD first then VQ and skip rise. Or wait stand by for rise. But VQ May be done when your done with SDD but if you for VQ first I think SDD will be booked. Maybe prioritize them,

What’s your universal plan? If your worried about guardians you may want to look into some universal stuff.

Enjoy universal we are splitting the trip too! Same days! We are skipping SDD or I would offer to help! If I can help feel free to PM me

I would definitely ask someone to go into your account and help you out. There are a few days that I am going to have DD help out with getting VQ's while I do G+ and ILL.

We are there the same week and in Epcot 11/9. That morning I am going to go for Remy or Frozen for the afternoon and VQ for GoTG. I'm thinking I'll be ok pulling the VQ and then going in for Remy. It's one of our sleep in days and I don't want to wake DD16 up to help this day. She's a much nicer person when she sleeps. :rotfl:

Ugh Jersey week too! (We are that day as well!).

I don’t know how many people can be in the account, but I know I’m linked with multiple other adults (plus manage my husband) and have had multiple people using the access, but not always booking.

How old are the kids? Can one of them help book? Your major issue is going to be SDD sells our fast and trying to make sure you get a post 2pm slot, it’s not going to be easy.

I would do SDD first then VQ and skip rise. Or wait stand by for rise. But VQ May be done when your done with SDD but if you for VQ first I think SDD will be booked. Maybe prioritize them,

What’s your universal plan? If your worried about guardians you may want to look into some universal stuff.

Enjoy universal we are splitting the trip too! Same days! We are skipping SDD or I would offer to help! If I can help feel free to PM me
That is so true.....if for any reason Guardians doesn't happen, some Universal experiences might make up for it! Kids are 9 and 11 but I'd never allow them to attempt! They'd probably talk/ask questions and mess me all up! Universal plan is park to park tickets for Thurs - Saturday. Staying at Royal Pacific. Have to decide if we want to add on Volcano Bay, but think we will sit the water park out this trip! Excited! 29 days until we head down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is so true.....if for any reason Guardians doesn't happen, some Universal experiences might make up for it! Kids are 9 and 11 but I'd never allow them to attempt! They'd probably talk/ask questions and mess me all up! Universal plan is park to park tickets for Thurs - Saturday. Staying at Royal Pacific. Have to decide if we want to add on Volcano Bay, but think we will sit the water park out this trip! Excited! 29 days until we head down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love Royal Pacific! You are going to have an amazing time!! Volcano bay is so fun, but we are skipping this trip too! We have 2 Disney days and 2 and a half universal so I get you!!

I take back my previous advice, are you ok skipping SDD I think guardians is way better, and those ages it might be better to do that first then SDD….

I’m not prone to motions sickness and guardians was fine for me but Simpsons almost did me in!

What are the current rumors? Anything hope of opening in the next few weeks?
Something may be announced this week on return dates. Just rumor I read somewhere else though by a reliable source. Still take with grain of salt. I have been checking MDE all day and nothing.

Whispering Canyon has reservations available for Thanksgiving Dinner, if anyone is looking! I've been checking back every day and am excited!

One question though - I had to make 2 reservations 5 minutes apart in order to get our entire group in. Is there a way to combine these or request we be seated together in advance?
I have a lot of experience with this...we often travel with 8-18 people in our group. There really is no "early option" to request tables together. The best thing I've found is to simply show up 15-25 minutes early for the first reservation (maybe just you, not the entire group) and talk with the host. Explain your best case scenario to them and they will do their best. I also like to present alternate suggestions to them - meaning I go in with 2 options if you will. I always make sure to be very clear up front - that I fully understand I'm not expecting anything, just hoping they could find a way to help me. In most cases, we get seated together/near. Only 1 time was our large group split across CRT. But really, the staff tried. It helps to learn the table setup within the restaurant - using CRT as our example: we split up into groups of 6/6/7 - CRT staff was able to put 6/7 next to each other on the hybrid bench/chair tables; but our other 6 were across the place. They did offer 3 near, but said it could be 1-1.5 hours. We have had great success overall and I'm thankful for that. We are doing 220 this trip (for the first time) and I'm not sure what will happen; our group is only 8; so I'm hoping for 4/4 back to back.

We’re now in the 20s. 29 days till we leave! We’re slowly packing as we go, still have a little bit so it’s not a big deal. Im getting the kids absence forms in for approval. Our vacation winds up being 2 weeks before my surgery so I’m hoping the district doesn’t decide it’s unexcused. My kids have been through the wringer these past few years. They’ve seen me bedridden, they’ve seen me go through 2 surgeries already, they’ve been homeschooled for a year, they’ve had excitement as I tell them we booked Disney just to be disappointed that we’ve had to cancel (between covid and my surgeries). The last thing they need is to be told that Disney can’t happen again because of their district. Don’t get me wrong…I feel school is incredibly important but I also feel having a break and spending some time with family is also important especially when you realize you may not have a lot of time left with them. I didn’t plan to take my oldest out of high school for a vacation, his last one was supposed to be 2020. It was for November and then Disney **** down and cancelled all our plans.

Anyway we have a few minor loose ends to gather together. Hoop Dee doo hasn’t appeared yet so I’ve kind of come to terms with that. We have savis, droid depot and Ogas to look forward to.

I guess that’s my update. Next week we plan to call in for das.
You're doing amazing! I recognize my opinion upsets some people and I've written on the boards before: School.....can take a backseat on this one IMO. There are SO MANY factors that play into "Can I take my kids out of school" - and no parent is wrong for deciding what is best for their family. (Clearly I'm not talking about a parent allowing their kids to skip school all the time or miss 40-50 instructional days). Again, IMO, school does certain things to help build our kids.....everyone can fill in those blanks as to what it does for their kids; my wife is a teacher too..... For my family, I felt the pandemic/remote school was very challenging for all of us. It was a very stressful and demanding time (almost 2 years of disruption) - so I felt it was best to take the kids on a vacation and they did miss school (including my 2 high school aged kids). In the end, they only missed 3 instructional days. No offense meant to anyone that has a different opinion.

I don't have the exact number, but I can confirm last year I had 8 people logged into my account and all 8 did the VQ at 7am; we did get it for Remy. In 2020, I had 6 people logged into my account, and all 6 did VQ 3 different days, we got it all 3x.

Hey all…prepare to pay more for your trip! Disney announced price increases for genie plus (or I guess it’s variable now), savis workshop and droid depot which go into effect on 10/18. Your expected to pay the price increase even if you booked at the cheaper price. I imagine food increases will be coming soon or portion sizes will be downsized. We’re all kind of upset. We planned on one price for those things and now have to alter things…

On the other hand we’re 23 days away although I’m not feeling as joyous about it…it’ll come back just irritated with the increases.

Hey all…prepare to pay more for your trip! Disney announced price increases for genie plus (or I guess it’s variable now), savis workshop and droid depot which go into effect on 10/18. Your expected to pay the price increase even if you booked at the cheaper price. I imagine food increases will be coming soon or portion sizes will be downsized. We’re all kind of upset. We planned on one price for those things and now have to alter things…

On the other hand we’re 23 days away although I’m not feeling as joyous about it…it’ll come back just irritated with the increases.

So there was a ton of news yesterday on updated pricing, this thread will have it all - https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...-element-of-fun-2022-edition.3865310/page-554. Lots of conversation here on this topic.

But specially food and drinks increases are already announced - https://wdwnt.com/2022/10/breaking-...od-beverages-across-walt-disney-world-resort/

And - https://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/ski...ic-drink-prices-rise-at-walt-disney-world.htm

Totally bummer, food and beverage o get casue I know costs are going up but I also know they will never go back down.

Food and drink prices went up yesterday, too. Anywhere between 30 cents and a dollar.
Yikes! So everything has increased which is a bummer. Do price increases always get announced in October? Also pretty upset that if you made a reservation at one price that price isn’t honored like it has in the past. We’re in the home stretch of our trip and it was like Disney snuck in to squeeze the most from me.

Anyone know if the F&W prices went up? We're buying those wrist/gift card things for our party and had JUST done calculations on how much to load.

Genie+ failed completely during the holiday crush last year, I think the system even crashed on a day or two. As much as I don’t like price hikes, I’m hoping the changes they’ve made like this, and adding an attraction at each park into the list, makes it a better product for those who did buy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter