***Official November 2022 Thread***

We’re at 41. I was thinking of rearranging some stuff but since we haven’t been in 13 years and have hoppers just decided WTH we’ll go where booked and see how it goes. We do somehow need to get from CR to HS and back before a 1:00 pm lunch at Steakhouse one day so…but alternative would’ve been Epcot and that’s the last day of F&W plus a Saturday so no way…

We are doing AK on Saturday the 19th; avoiding Epcot at all costs 🤣🤦🏻‍♀️

We are doing AK on Saturday the 19th; avoiding Epcot at all costs 🤣🤦🏻‍♀️
Yes! I'm actually thinking about the Saturday before that.....it works best to be our Epcot day 1, we will probably do two days there, but man....I just don't know how crowded it will be, and it's our arrival day so will the crowds put us in a bad mood for the vacation kick off?? Otherwise we'd have to make arrival day AK and I just think we'd like a full day there vs a shorter day. Too many decisions 😂😂

I have been looking for a Nov 2022 thread for ages and just could not seem to find it!

We are going for a (for WDW!) last minute trip Nov 16-18 after DH and I attend a conference in Orlando Nov 13-15! My sister is flying down from Ottawa to join us in WDW, this will be her first trip there after her first DL trip in March!

We were lucky enough to get 2 DVC studios at AKV - Jambo for our two nights. We were only planning on doing 3 parks (skipping MK) since we have a trip in the works for June 2023 to celebrate our son's 18th birthday/high school graduation but once I found out there was a Christmas party on the 17th, we decided to go to AK that morning and then hop over to MK at 4pm for the party. It is going to be a jam packed trip for sure!

We are doing Epcot on the 16th, AK/MK the 17th, and HS the 18th before we fly home to BC on the 19th.

I've been trying to get a S220 reservation for any time on the 16th but no luck at all, also have been looking for a Spice Road Fireworks reservation for that night but again, no luck. We did get a Skipper's Canteen early dinner at 5:00 on our party night and a HBD dinner for our HS day.

Our son can't miss school so he is staying with my mother that week and although he knows we are going to Orlando for a conference, we have not told him he will miss out on WDW yet! :rotfl:

31 days to go for us!!!! I can't believe how quick it is coming up. Really can't wait! Does anyone know if the characters are signing autographs on items that are not autograph books? I just have a storybook I have been getting signed on trips so was hoping to bring that for this one.

Whispering Canyon has reservations available for Thanksgiving Dinner, if anyone is looking! I've been checking back every day and am excited!

One question though - I had to make 2 reservations 5 minutes apart in order to get our entire group in. Is there a way to combine these or request we be seated together in advance?

31 days to go for us!!!! I can't believe how quick it is coming up. Really can't wait! Does anyone know if the characters are signing autographs on items that are not autograph books? I just have a storybook I have been getting signed on trips so was hoping to bring that for this one.
They signed our photo mat in August. I think they're back to signing whatever they logistically can.

Whispering Canyon has reservations available for Thanksgiving Dinner, if anyone is looking! I've been checking back every day and am excited!

One question though - I had to make 2 reservations 5 minutes apart in order to get our entire group in. Is there a way to combine these or request we be seated together in advance?
I have no personal experience with this, but have read on here that If you politely ask at check in they might be able to do something, but you might have to wait a bit. This is what we are going to do for Space220 Lounge, and I am also prepared for them to say no and our party to be split up. Good luck!

Well, I think I'm going to chance it and switch one of our Epcot days to Saturday the 12, our arrival day. I don't love that day for any of the other three parks, and I'm hoping that the front part of the park isn't too rowdy and we can get a lot of that stuff done then focus on world showcase on our second day 🤞

I have been looking for a Nov 2022 thread for ages and just could not seem to find it!

We are going for a (for WDW!) last minute trip Nov 16-18 after DH and I attend a conference in Orlando Nov 13-15! My sister is flying down from Ottawa to join us in WDW, this will be her first trip there after her first DL trip in March!

We were lucky enough to get 2 DVC studios at AKV - Jambo for our two nights. We were only planning on doing 3 parks (skipping MK) since we have a trip in the works for June 2023 to celebrate our son's 18th birthday/high school graduation but once I found out there was a Christmas party on the 17th, we decided to go to AK that morning and then hop over to MK at 4pm for the party. It is going to be a jam packed trip for sure!

We are doing Epcot on the 16th, AK/MK the 17th, and HS the 18th before we fly home to BC on the 19th.

I've been trying to get a S220 reservation for any time on the 16th but no luck at all, also have been looking for a Spice Road Fireworks reservation for that night but again, no luck. We did get a Skipper's Canteen early dinner at 5:00 on our party night and a HBD dinner for our HS day.

Our son can't miss school so he is staying with my mother that week and although he knows we are going to Orlando for a conference, we have not told him he will miss out on WDW yet!
We just had to turn down a Space 220 lounge reservat that came up on mousewatchers for the 16th because it was before hopping at 2, it was for 11:35 but I am sure it is long gone by now. Keep trying

Joining the November thread - travelling down to spend some time with my CM daughter 11/25-11/29. First night at the Dolphin and remaining 3 nights at the Grand Floridian. First time at the Dolphin, but that's the way discounts worked out. Doing Candlelight Processional dinner package on the 25th and Christmas party on the 27th.

Last edited:
Well, I think I'm going to chance it and switch one of our Epcot days to Saturday the 12, our arrival day. I don't love that day for any of the other three parks, and I'm hoping that the front part of the park isn't too rowdy and we can get a lot of that stuff done then focus on world showcase on our second day 🤞

This is our arrival day as well and I have Epcot scheduled too! No chance we switch or anything. My plans are all pretty solid at this point. Our flight lands at 8am and we should be able to get to the park by noon hopefully. We have a 4:15 dinner at La Hacienda. I am sure most of the group will call it an early night so I am not too worried about how busy it is going to be. Which I am almost certain is going to be pretty busy lol. Crowd Calendar has it at a 7, so I am making sure expectations are properly adjusted. We will just go with the flow.

This is our arrival day as well and I have Epcot scheduled too! No chance we switch or anything. My plans are all pretty solid at this point. Our flight lands at 8am and we should be able to get to the park by noon hopefully. We have a 4:15 dinner at La Hacienda. I am sure most of the group will call it an early night so I am not too worried about how busy it is going to be. Which I am almost certain is going to be pretty busy lol. Crowd Calendar has it at a 7, so I am making sure expectations are properly adjusted. We will just go with the flow.
Oh I haven't looked at crowd calendars lately. Might avoid doing that hahah.We will have to lose/reschedule a chef Mickey's with the change, but I bet we might find one last minute on our departure day....maybe 🤞
I'm hoping to get to Wilderness Lodge around 8, which I doubt our room will be ready, so we will head to Epcot while we wait and probably end up calling an early evening too, so hopefully not a bad start to the vacation!

We’re now in the 20s. 29 days till we leave! We’re slowly packing as we go, still have a little bit so it’s not a big deal. Im getting the kids absence forms in for approval. Our vacation winds up being 2 weeks before my surgery so I’m hoping the district doesn’t decide it’s unexcused. My kids have been through the wringer these past few years. They’ve seen me bedridden, they’ve seen me go through 2 surgeries already, they’ve been homeschooled for a year, they’ve had excitement as I tell them we booked Disney just to be disappointed that we’ve had to cancel (between covid and my surgeries). The last thing they need is to be told that Disney can’t happen again because of their district. Don’t get me wrong…I feel school is incredibly important but I also feel having a break and spending some time with family is also important especially when you realize you may not have a lot of time left with them. I didn’t plan to take my oldest out of high school for a vacation, his last one was supposed to be 2020. It was for November and then Disney **** down and cancelled all our plans.

Anyway we have a few minor loose ends to gather together. Hoop Dee doo hasn’t appeared yet so I’ve kind of come to terms with that. We have savis, droid depot and Ogas to look forward to.

I guess that’s my update. Next week we plan to call in for das.

We’re now in the 20s. 29 days till we leave! We’re slowly packing as we go, still have a little bit so it’s not a big deal. Im getting the kids absence forms in for approval. Our vacation winds up being 2 weeks before my surgery so I’m hoping the district doesn’t decide it’s unexcused. My kids have been through the wringer these past few years. They’ve seen me bedridden, they’ve seen me go through 2 surgeries already, they’ve been homeschooled for a year, they’ve had excitement as I tell them we booked Disney just to be disappointed that we’ve had to cancel (between covid and my surgeries). The last thing they need is to be told that Disney can’t happen again because of their district. Don’t get me wrong…I feel school is incredibly important but I also feel having a break and spending some time with family is also important especially when you realize you may not have a lot of time left with them. I didn’t plan to take my oldest out of high school for a vacation, his last one was supposed to be 2020. It was for November and then Disney **** down and cancelled all our plans.

Anyway we have a few minor loose ends to gather together. Hoop Dee doo hasn’t appeared yet so I’ve kind of come to terms with that. We have savis, droid depot and Ogas to look forward to.

I guess that’s my update. Next week we plan to call in for das.
Good luck getting HDD! Have you set up an alert for it? 🤞🤞 For you!

I need to do 3 things at 7:00 am - how should I do this? Not sure I can rely on hubby!

VQ for Guardians
ILL for Rise for an afternoon slot
LL for SDD for an afternoon slot

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter