Future Trends for VGC resale?

Kind of off topic-ish.

I want 50ish VGC points in my current use year. Do you guys think one will ever pop up or am I going to have to consider a different UY??

I don't really "need" the points until trips starting in 2026. So I can definitely wait a while. But I worry about nothing ever showing up. Or the prices raising a crazy amount.
Those are so rare….

Yep, I wish had more patience, I paid $270, but I really wanted less than 100, but more than 50, so 75 was the perfect fit & UY... at least that's how I justify it in my head. ;)
Small contracts in your UY… all bets are off. I knowingly paid more than I wanted to for a 50pt VGF contract for that exact reason… and haven’t seen another one of that size in my UY since…. so I feel pretty good about it…. I would have just gone direct if they had any to sell me….

It would probably be easier for such a small contract to keep checking with your guide for when some come available. Looking for a very small contract in a specific use year will be pretty tough if you want it anytime soon. And if one does come up, it may be priced pretty close to direct...

If you have time you can wait and keep checking the aggregate sites, though you may pick up a few stray contracts in the process lol.
I made a couple offers on small BCV contracts that happened to be in my use year after checking the aggregate sites randomly the other day. But they countered at full price, so I wait!

My guide said he'd keep checking for me. But whether or not he actually will....who knows?

I definitely check the aggregator sites and I have alerts set up with a few different websites as well. I'd honestly prefer if the exact contract I wanted didn't pop up until 2025 or later. We already purchased 200 BRV this year. And now we have a bunch of unexpected house expenses coming up (water in our finished basement and hail damaged roof) so it's not really the best time to add more DVC anyway. But I do wonder if I'll have to either go with a different UY or get a larger contract than I actually want.

Mine was a different use year, but it actually worked out as I didn't have any VGC and the new Feb use year worked better for summer trips when I would avoid the heat at WDW and try to avoid using my Sept points in the last 3 months of their use year. And I don't want to use those VGC points for anything besides VGC anyway

Small contracts in your UY… all bets are off. I knowingly paid more than I wanted to for a 50pt VGF contract for that exact reason… and haven’t seen another one of that size in my UY since…. so I feel pretty good about it…. I would have just gone direct if they had any to sell me….
Ditto. I overpaid too, but 50pts in my UY and what meager negotiating skills I had went straight out the window:)

I thought it was worth mentioning that all of my VGC comments are through the lens of someone who almost exclusively bought DVC to stay in 1/2/3 bedroom villas.

So, if you really want studios then VGC may get penalized because of the amount of total points relative to studio inventory…. whereas VDH gets a major penalty from me for having MILLIONS of more points to compete against LESS 1/2 bedroom villas.

I thought it was worth mentioning that all of my VGC comments are through the lens of someone who almost exclusively bought DVC to stay in 1/2/3 bedroom villas.

So, if you really want studios then VGC may get penalized because of the amount of total points relative to studio inventory…. whereas VDH gets a major penalty from me for having MILLIONS of more points to compete against LESS 1/2 bedroom villas.
Yeah, I only stay in 1BR and 2BR rooms so I hope that's not an issue in the future at VDH. So far I have been checking at 11 months and there has always been plenty of inventory.

Yeah, I only stay in 1BR and 2BR rooms so I hope that's not an issue in the future at VDH. So far I have been checking at 11 months and there has always been plenty of inventory.
I think not having the 5th sleeper in the studio will make the 1bd more popular relative to studios vs other DVC resorts as more points are sold.

I believe the majority of the current ownership is people who already owned DVC and are adding on for a “once every few years trip.”

IMO, the villas is where most of the value is relative to Disney or non-Disney hotel pricing.

Kind of off topic-ish.

I want 50ish VGC points in my current use year. Do you guys think one will ever pop up or am I going to have to consider a different UY??

I don't really "need" the points until trips starting in 2026. So I can definitely wait a while. But I worry about nothing ever showing up. Or the prices raising a crazy amount.
Agree, those 50's are rare, but they have come up from time to time, depending on your UY. It seems like June is the most popular at VGC. The advice to try direct is good because the smaller contracts really do command a premium.

My guide said he'd keep checking for me. But whether or not he actually will....who knows?

I definitely check the aggregator sites and I have alerts set up with a few different websites as well. I'd honestly prefer if the exact contract I wanted didn't pop up until 2025 or later. We already purchased 200 BRV this year. And now we have a bunch of unexpected house expenses coming up (water in our finished basement and hail damaged roof) so it's not really the best time to add more DVC anyway. But I do wonder if I'll have to either go with a different UY or get a larger contract than I actually want.
Honestly…. you’d probably have more luck selling your 150pt VGC and buying a 200pt VGC if you timed it right….

Even if (as looks very likely at this point) the tower is in the same association? A contract in the $130s with 11 month access to the brand new tower (and all of the rest of Poly), 7 months access to everything else except RIV, CFW and VDH, and without the RIV-style resale restrictions, sounds like an incredibly good deal.
I suspect disney will ROFR anything low to keep their prices looking reasonable.

Kind of off topic-ish.

If you don't need them now, don't worry about them now. ;)
Also if you find a bigger one that fits a good use year (doesn't have to match), you can just sell your smaller VGC.

Mine was a different use year, but it actually worked out as I didn't have any VGC and the new Feb use year worked better for summer trips when I would avoid the heat at WDW and try to avoid using my Sept points in the last 3 months of their use year. And I don't want to use those VGC points for anything besides VGC anyway
Yup, i decided the same, I'm much more likely to spend points at VGC or Aulani in June-Sept, than WDW, so anything CA or west will be June, & WDW will be Sept/Oct.

It’s like negotiating with my wife before we were married vs after 17 years of marriage…..

Hey....17 years of marriage here too! (Well...it will be 18 next month.)

Agree, those 50's are rare, but they have come up from time to time, depending on your UY. It seems like June is the most popular at VGC. The advice to try direct is good because the smaller contracts really do command a premium.

June is my UY so maybe I'll luck out!

Honestly…. you’d probably have more luck selling your 150pt VGC and buying a 200pt VGC if you timed it right….

I really need to sit down and figure out what we really do need. We have 160 right now. Not sure 200 would be quite enough. But maybe it would. I know it's only 10 points less than if we find a 50pt to add onto our current. But still. I think 50-75 extra is probably doable. 100 is likely too much, unless we were to stop doing WDW trips and doing all DLR instead.

I really need to sit down and figure out what we really do need. We have 160 right now. Not sure 200 would be quite enough. But maybe it would. I know it's only 10 points less than if we find a 50pt to add onto our current. But still. I think 50-75 extra is probably doable. 100 is likely too much, unless we were to stop doing WDW trips and doing all DLR instead.
Are you planning on using 160 every year, or every other year or..? (1bd, or 2bd?)

PS, i think June is a pretty popular UY.

Ideally, 6 nights in a 1-bedroom....once during a UY. (Sometimes trips will be spaced 12 months apart. Other times may be closer together or farther apart...depends on the year.) So I think we'd need at least 195-252 points for the times of the year we like to travel. We figure we're likely to skip a year here or there to bank towards the next year so we shouldn't need a contract with 250+ points, necessarily. We also would definitely survive in a studio on an off year, if needed. Though I definitely would prefer the 1-bedroom when we do long road trips because I will use the washer/dryer.

If we didn't have our BRV, then we would probably consider more VGC points than just 50-75. But I can't rationalize the yearly dues for much more than we already have.

Life would be easier if we were rich. Ha!

Hey....17 years of marriage here too! (Well...it will be 18 next month.)

June is my UY so maybe I'll luck out!

There are a lot more 100pt contracts than 50-75pt contracts…. you can also just pay a friendly DISBoarder to transfer some points to you in the off year when you need more as opposed to committing to a larger contract and dues then you are comfortable with….

Who knows…. they may build some amazing new DVC building into DLand Fwd that you would want to try once every 3 years….

Last edited:
they may build some amazing new DVC building into DLand Fwd that you would want to try once every 3 years….
I think that's a definite next to Toy Story/Gardenwalk, just a matter of time... also not sure if it will actually be amazing or not. ;)

Latest posts

facebook twitter