Future Trends for VGC resale?

It's like 74 acres.??
DCA started at 55 acres, Knotts is 57 acres. How is 74 possibly too small for a 3rd gate?

View attachment 863246

1/3 of the acreage would be needed for a parking structure.

It's not so much the plot on its own does not have theoretical space to build a *small* third park, it does. It's just that they can do the following;

1) Expand Disneyland and DCA
2) Add additional dining, retail, hotel and DVC to the resort
3) Build a third park.

They only have space to do 2/3... and unfortunately this company is clearly not forgoing option 2. So a third gate would mean no expansion for DCA and DL. Plus the powers that be have determined, probably correctly, that the retail and dining would be better located to capture off-site convention guests.

Document.jpeg

The above image I don't think represents a single piece of reality. Though I just noticed it does actually show what looks like a DVC wing off Pixar Hotel.

Which would I think be in theory allowed? Not converting Pixar Hotel to DVC, but adding one beyond its current property borders.

In no world do I think it's possible we ever wind up with a better resort than VGC, but it's interesting that we could have up to three DVC 'in' DCA.

The above image I don't think represents a single piece of reality. Though I just noticed it does actually show what looks like a DVC wing off Pixar Hotel.

Which would I think be in theory allowed? Not converting Pixar Hotel to DVC, but adding one beyond its current property borders.

In no world do I think it's possible we ever wind up with a better resort than VGC, but it's interesting that we could have up to three DVC 'in' DCA.
Exactly. New dvc tower to Pixar Place.

Toy story lot could be a 3rd gate, but simply logistics makes it hard to support while a Disney Springs for convention goers and outside parn support makes sense. The Honda center redevlopement complex is going to take up a lot of space.on the east side of anaheim and wonder if Disney ever would put something over there in the far distant future after Disney forward is fully developed in 20 years.

1/3 of the acreage would be needed for a parking structure.

It's not so much the plot on its own does not have theoretical space to build a *small* third park, it does. It's just that they can do the following;

1) Expand Disneyland and DCA
2) Add additional dining, retail, hotel and DVC to the resort
3) Build a third park.

They only have space to do 2/3... and unfortunately this company is clearly not forgoing option 2. So a third gate would mean no expansion for DCA and DL. Plus the powers that be have determined, probably correctly, that the retail and dining would be better located to capture off-site convention guests.

1716776156431.png
Why does there have to be a parking structure in the park.!?

And they most certainly can and probably will do all 3 of those things listed.

I think we aren’t communicating or we’re misunderstanding each other here.
The yellow part in your image is the new parking structure, then south of that is GardenWalk (outdoor mall that will most likely become DS west), then south of that is the 3rd gate (Toy Story). What part of that do you feel is incorrect?

Near the Toy Story Lot? 😭

That is even further from the existing parks unless they somehow tunnel under Harbor AND Katella to spit you out into Radiator Springs or Avengers HQ. No idea how they’d make a “Disney bubble” without tunnels or walkways—though I would 100% be in favor of bringing back the people mover as a monorail alternative that whisks people from a resort to the middle of a park. If they announce the next DVC property is southwest of DCA, I fear that VGC will get even more expensive.

I thought 3rd gate idea was mostly dead and they were planning to expand both parks west (Toy Story lot is east and across two of the most significant roads in Anaheim.
yeah this would not be awesome. I wouldn't buy. At that point Id just stay at Hyatt House.

Apparently I missed these post from earlier

Isn’t Downtown Disney a more conveniently situated version of Disney Springs? I’ve never made it to Disney Springs in 10+ trips to Disney World, but that was my assumption.

It would be weird to have both downtown Disney and Disney Springs… but I could imagine they might use that area to relocate some of the shopping if DTD area is turned into theme park expansion area… but my assumption has been that the toy story lot would become the new giant parking structure, and all of the existing parking would be turned into theme park land eventually.
Yes I agree, it would be weird and even more weird to have GardenWalk between them.
It would make sense to turn DTD into more theme park, but that ruins the hotel experience, so putting a DS shopping area between the new parking garage and a 3rd gate makes more sense.. no?

TLDR: Disneyland resort had two development routes to pick: Tokyo Disney Resort or Universal Orlando Resort and they seem to have mimicked the former.

There were several iterations of options bandied about. While the Toy Story lot does contain enough room for a gate in technicality, it would be smaller than current DCA and lack sufficient room for parking structures, hotels, amenities, external shopping and retail.

The Eastern Gateway new parking structure that will be nestled between Disney Way, Harbor and i5 is going to be needed for the current parks themselves. In fact it’s somewhat over-needed for the current parks. It couldn’t also support a third gate on the Toy Story lot. There is a world where garden walk was purchased by Disney, but they’ve turned down several opportunities over the years to buy that.

So that kind of presented them with two options, build a third gate or prioritize freeing up space for Disneyland and DCA major footprint expansions and have space left over for a concentrated resort/retail/dining complex next to the convention center.

Mayyyyybe a small water park with a resort complex and garage could fit I guess. Mayyybee. That’s completely speculative and they’ve made zero indications they want to do that.

But I think the moderate term plan is to continue expanding their current assets and even if they are super aggressive with that, it will occupy them for at least a couple more decades of ample expansion room.

In the far flung distant future if a third gate is extremely desired by the company, a Universal-like scenario where the next complex is more off site makes more sense. Because Toy Story is off site regardless. That would be the Angel stadium complex. That parcel with 50% more room seems minor, but that 50% room provides space for parking, dining, retail and accommodations. If it was their goal, which I don’t think it is.
I had missed this post earlier and I can’t respond correctly to all of it on my phone so I’m just going to respond to the TLDR.

Why did they have only 2 choices and why only those 2?

Maybe it’s just me and the Hey Brickey DLF playlist that has me convinced of the Toy Story 3rd gate and all the rest of the expansion, it just makes complete sense.
I’m sure they will do the new parking first (east of harbor), then DCA/Pixar expansion next, maybe even start before the new garage is done. Then I would assume the DL expansion would follow, which may be decades, but at some point they will purchase GardenWalk, turn it into a shopping district that people go through from the new parking garage to get to the 3rd gate.. possibly a skyliner connecting it all (wishful thinking, but something would make sense)
That is the plan that I think makes the most sense, but if you guys have knowledge that says otherwise or reasons it can’t happen that’s where I’m not following.

Last edited:
Yep. We actually really loved it. The only thing we didn’t love was how far it was from Disney.
It’s such a weird mental thing, right? It’s closer than Boardwalk is to Hollywood Studios or GF is to MK, and Google maps says it’s only 1 minute further than VDH is to either park, but it’s “off site”.

Why did they have only 2 choices and why only those 2?
Why does there have to be a parking structure in the park.!?

And they most certainly can and probably will do all 3 of those things listed.

I mean they could build no more theme park space I guess and go all retail/accomodations, but you need somewhere for guests to park when you build more theme park space. They have four surface lots remaining. Timon and Pumba are going to be a parking garage. The current resort as is, is short on parking. It would be very short on parking if the Eastern Gateway was not carried through and they fully built out DLF. For now, they seem to have committed to the other two surface lots (Simba and DTD) West of Disneyland Drive to be a theme park expansion. Timon and Pumba garage would be barely capable of handling that.

Another theme park expansion in Toy Story would require a parking complex to match. The current ones are only meeting the current demands of the resort when built out. So where does that structure go? You've run out of space.

As is, in the mock image, you can see they've earmarked it to be retail and dining (pink buildings) and accommodations (green buildings). It also includes two garages, one for the hotel and one for the dining and retail complex. That doesn't have to be representative and they are not committed, but that's their current thought process.

Another theme park would bring another 10 million guests a year... where do they park? That's why Toy Story lot is insufficiently sized for something so demanding. In addition to that, you've run out of space for another hotel complex. So where does that go? What are you sacrificing for that? The company desperately wants another hotel.

Another theme park expansion in Toy Story would require a parking complex to match. The current ones are only meeting the current demands of the resort when built out. So where does that structure go? You've run out of space.
The new parking garage is across harbor north of GardenWalk. It will be the size of Mickey and friends and Pinocchio, how is double the parking not enough? (as far as I know they aren’t demolishing those?)

I started a new thread in the DisneyIand section so we don’t ruin this VGC thread.. any more. :)

I’m watching the Fresh Baked YT with the return of Fantasmic…. I can’t wait for them to reopen The Mansion & Splash and get that whole side of the park back up and running in the fall….

I’m watching the Fresh Baked YT with the return of Fantasmic…. I can’t wait for them to reopen The Mansion & Splash and get that whole side of the park back up and running in the fall….
Really missed those on our trip last month.

Kind of off topic-ish.

I want 50ish VGC points in my current use year. Do you guys think one will ever pop up or am I going to have to consider a different UY??

I don't really "need" the points until trips starting in 2026. So I can definitely wait a while. But I worry about nothing ever showing up. Or the prices raising a crazy amount.
Just keep checking. They do show up. I found a 50 pt. in 2022 that wasn't my UY and another one a few months ago that was my UY that I completely impulse purchased bc of the correct UY. I'm planning on using them for separate trips and only at VGC, so it's not a big deal, and it'll be an easy decision for which one to sell in the future if I decide to.

Well my smallish contract for VGC fell apart. Im almost scared to mention the new contract since we are only at the initial phase. It turned out not to be so bad, although we ended up spending a lot more because we got 60 more points than was on the last contract. We also like this UY better and it had '24 point available. My husband actually is happier having more points so thats an upside too. While I didnt go into this expecting it to increase in value I would love if it held its pp value, but if its doesn't I am totally okay with that.

Side note: I expect the Poly offerings to be wildly amazing since now buying them isn't on the table for us after dropping $$$ on VGC and $ on Copper Creek.

Every time I get in the mood to start looking for a VGC contract again, Disney releases some ridiculous deal on Grand Cal which basically activates my "Is it really worth it?" anymore.

Save up to 25% on select stays of 4 or more nights at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa, Disneyland Hotel or The Villas at Disneyland Hotel, on Standard and Premium rooms

https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/disneyland-resort-summer-ticket-and-hotel-offers-now-on-sale/
Yep saw those. Anytime I have ever stayed I have used an offer like this to save money. (new to buying DVC) But we crunched the numbers and DVC still comes out ahead even for smaller rooms in savings, but it does require a huge upfront commitment. When it comes to villas the cash rates for those are insane money even if you can get a coupon that will work on them.

Every time I get in the mood to start looking for a VGC contract again, Disney releases some ridiculous deal on Grand Cal which basically activates my "Is it really worth it?" anymore.

Save up to 25% on select stays of 4 or more nights at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa, Disneyland Hotel or The Villas at Disneyland Hotel, on Standard and Premium rooms

https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/disneyland-resort-summer-ticket-and-hotel-offers-now-on-sale/
For long stays in high point months. Take the deal. Vgc points in Jan Feb and may June and Sept Oct are hard to beat vs Grand Californian any deal

Well my smallish contract for VGC fell apart. Im almost scared to mention the new contract since we are only at the initial phase. It turned out not to be so bad, although we ended up spending a lot more because we got 60 more points than was on the last contract. We also like this UY better and it had '24 point available. My husband actually is happier having more points so thats an upside too. While I didnt go into this expecting it to increase in value I would love if it held its pp value, but if its doesn't I am totally okay with that.

Side note: I expect the Poly offerings to be wildly amazing since now buying them isn't on the table for us after dropping $$$ on VGC and $ on Copper Creek.
Oh no! I was afraid of that on mine as well. Even after wiring the money, I kept worrying something would go wrong until I got the "contract closed" email a few days ago. I'm glad you found another that works!

Latest posts

facebook twitter