Food And Wine 2013 Thread

I have only one ADR on the other days, so we may chose to eat at the F&W booths for the other meal.
I didn't know that the booths close for EMH. I need to keep that inmind for my planning

We will be at WDW for 14 days in october/november. So far I panned 3 days for the f & W festival, but now I'm hesitating. Maybe I'll cancel some ADR's.
Some advice about how many days we can just snack around F &W instead of a sit down meal?

My suggestion is if you want to make breakfast ADR's, that would be the best way to go. Once you start hitting the food kiosks later in the day, you'll be surprised how quickly you fill up. The thought of going to a sit down meal may turn out being a waste of time/money since you may end up feeling like you're about to bust before you even get there! :crazy2:

My suggestion is if you want to make breakfast ADR's, that would be the best way to go. Once you start hitting the food kiosks later in the day, you'll be surprised how quickly you fill up. The thought of going to a sit down meal may turn out being a waste of time/money since you may end up feeling like you're about to bust before you even get there! :crazy2:

I totally agree with this! We've been to three F&W Festivals; this year will be our 4th. We did have free dining on our last two trips and I can tell you honestly, we ended up cancelling one dinner ADRs on each trip (we schedule all our ADRs for early in the trip. We have found having breakfast ADRs helps in keeping us full enough until just after lunch and then you can eat your way around the world.

This time, we're going to pay OOP for food so I think we're going to be much better off.

Hope this helps!

We will be at WDW for 14 days in october/november. So far I panned 3 days for the f & W festival, but now I'm hesitating. Maybe I'll cancel some ADR's.
Some advice about how many days we can just snack around F &W instead of a sit down meal?

We are looking at the same thing kind of. If we end up in Free Dining we have one extra TS but the two days where I didn't already have a ADR are my F&W day and I know I won't want big meals much less two ADR's on a day even when we don't have F&W.

Last year I did three days at F&W and barely managed a CS on even one of those days. I may have a TS on one F&W days this year and right now my plan is either to do a 9am breakfast and plan to hit F&W around 4 with maybe a small snack mid afternoon OR grab a kbar for 'breakfast' and hit up F&W first thing at 11 snack till full or 2:00 then have an 8:00 ADR for dinner.

I'm not a fan of DP but it looks like on this trip it might actually save me money and my mom wants to try it. The good thing is I don't particulary feel complelled to use it all up. If I leave a few meals unused then I do.

We have a convention at Y&BC 10/31-11/3 and heard Spin Doctors & Christopher Cross will be there during that time. The weekend before is 38 Special! I'll be there for that for sure!

I will be at ASMovies from Oct 25 to Oct 28th. First food and wine ever. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay!! :cool1:

this is us too. Staying at ASMovies Oct 25-29 and while we are WDW vets, it'll be our first F&W. actually... we don't normally care for Epcot much, but are trying to squeeze in a few hours to tour WS and try a few things at least.

We will arrive the evening of November 5th....just in time for the last few days of the F&WF! :) :thumbsup2

Just relized we will be at Epcot during the day sept 27 had no idea it was food and wine fest it's our first time to Disney what should I expect. We are going to mk that night for spooky party.

Just relized we will be at Epcot during the day sept 27 had no idea it was food and wine fest it's our first time to Disney what should I expect. We are going to mk that night for spooky party.

In terms of crowds, you will likely be gone before it gets too crowded.

We will be there October 20-25 and staying at Pop with another family. It will be our 2nd F&W. The last time we had scheduled too many ADR's & were not able to take full advantage of F&W. Not this year! Learned my lesson & plan to enjoy all that F&W has.

First of many for us. First time:

1- at WDW in Oct (15-18)
2- going to WDW w/out the kids
3- at F&W
4- attending MNSSHP
5- staying at BLT
6- eating at Kona

I suppose they'll be offering tiny servings of Haggis, made with mouse stomachs. BTW, the entire concert schedule is out.

Bill From PA

Thanks for the heads up about the concert lineup. :thumbsup2

Sashafarce and I will be going from October 24 - October 28. This is our second Food and Wine and we will also be attending our second MNSSHP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter