Food And Wine 2013 Thread

We will be there last week of October also, getting married on 10/26! Split stay between Polynesian and Grand Floridian Villas. This will be our firt food and wine festival!! :yay:

We will be there last week of October also, getting married on 10/26! Split stay between Polynesian and Grand Floridian Villas. This will be our firt food and wine festival!! :yay:

We were married on 10/26 and we honeymooned at the Poly - GF wasn't built yet. We will be down this year to celebrate our 28th anniversary. I wish you all the best and hope you are as happy as we are!!

We were married on 10/26 and we honeymooned at the Poly - GF wasn't built yet. We will be down this year to celebrate our 28th anniversary. I wish you all the best and hope you are as happy as we are!!

Thank you!!! We are very excited! Happy 28th to you and your hubby!

I've been anxiously awaiting the full list... makes me hungry!!!
This will be our first time. What faves were left off the list? Everything I had heard rave reviews of in the past and put in my list is in here I think!

I've been anxiously awaiting the full list... makes me hungry!!!
This will be our first time. What faves were left off the list? Everything I had heard rave reviews of in the past and put in my list is in here I think!
My personal favorites that are absent this year:

Canada
Chicken Chipotle Sausage with Sweet Corn Polenta and Minus 8 Onion Jam

Florida
White Corn Arepa with Mangalitsa Pork Rilette and Zellwood Sweet Corn Salad

Ireland
Warm Chocolate Lava Cake with Baileys Ganache

Japan(Full disclosure: I forgot to try this last year, so I was hoping I'd get a second chance this year)
Sukiyaki Beef Pan (Marinated Thinly Sliced Rib Eye with Sauteed Onions and Teriyaki Sauce Served in a Bun).

Mexico
Taco de Filete with Cascabel Pepper Sauce and Scallions Served on a Flour Tortilla

Poland
Belvedere® Frozen Lemon Apple Tea

By no means is it a dealbreaker, but I was really looking forward to getting to try these a second time, particularly the taco e filete, white corn arepa, and the incredible chicken chipotle sausage. That said, I'm still very excited with some of the new dishes.

My personal favorites that are absent this year:

Ireland
Warm Chocolate Lava Cake with Baileys Ganache

That dish was getting smaller and smaller each year - based on how much it shrunk each year, it wouldn't have even be a forkful this year.

Does anyone know when last year the announcement was made that there were reserved seating tickets available in the Chase Lounge?

There never was an announcement made that I remember. This perk was discovered when people began visiting the lounge.

They weren't tickets, you got wristbands.

Does anyone know if there's a list somewhere of the culinary demonstrations that are already sold out? I remember last year that I didn't make reservations until late September, and before I did I went on-line somewhere that listed which ones were sold out.

This will be our first F&W festival- can you share some tips on how to enjoy many different foods without feeling stuffed at the end of the day? Or is that all part of the experience?

Food & Wine #1 - Oct 2nd - 5th

Food & Wine #2 - November 5th - 9th

Sooo excited to see both Air Supply and Dennis DeYoung . . .

Saw Dennis last year and he was just AWESOME!

Doing MNSSHP 10/3 and MVMCP on 11/8 :thumbsup2

This will be our first F&W festival- can you share some tips on how to enjoy many different foods without feeling stuffed at the end of the day? Or is that all part of the experience?

This is what we do-first we spread it over 2-3 days. The first day we go to every other booth, then the second we do the alternates. If there's something we particularly like, we go back for that again on the third day. We eat a light breakfast (just a muffin) and start at 11:00. So it's our main meal of the day-we usually just have soup or something light again for dinner.

This is the first time we will be at F&W for such a long time. We may go into Epcot as much as 20 times. Lots of time to do everything we want to do.

I'd recommend a small breakfast. Get to the World Showcase at 11:00 AM and eat at the kiosks over the course of the day. They're small enough portions that you should be able to handle several countries spread out over the day, but substantial enough that you won't be constantly hungry. And, depending on how many different items you're planning on trying, you may need to spread it out over a couple of days. I would also avoid drinking soda, as you'll fill up faster.

We will be there from Oct 8-18, can't wait for F&W. This will be our 40th wedding anniversary.:yay:

We will be going for the first time to the soft opening on Thursday sept 26th. Über pumped :banana:

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter