Copper Creek Selling March 8

keaster

DIS Veteran
Just logged onto MS site, and saw this:

"Available to add on to your Membership starting March 8, 2017 (not registered in all states). Call (888) 282-0714 to view a model room."

Edit to add: Point charts are also up!

Edit to add again: Ooh the cabins have a screened in porch and hot tub!

Last edited:
The points requirements are identical between BRV & CCV for studios, 1-bedrooms & 2-bedrooms.

DisneyCopperCreek.com

There are some interesting floor layouts... But I can't wait to book! Hoping we can switch our Dec reservation from BRV to CCV.. :)

Just logged onto MS site, and saw this:

"Available to add on to your Membership starting March 8, 2017 (not registered in all states). Call (888) 282-0714 to view a model room."

Edit to add: Point charts are also up!

Edit to add again: Ooh the cabins have a screened in porch and hot tub!

I see it says April 5th not March 8....

"Available for sale starting April 5, 2017 (not registered in all states)."

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/copper-creek-villas-and-cabins/

Studios only sleep 4:

Enjoy the rustic elegance of frontier life in a Deluxe Studio, where cozy touches mix with modern design to create a uniquely tranquil retreat. Each one sleeps up to 4 Guests, with a queen-size bed and a queen-size sleeper sofa. This bright and welcoming room includes a convenient kitchenette, bathroom with either a full-size tub/shower combo, or a walk-in rain shower.
Also 4 in the 1BR. It's definitely a dresser under the living room TV and not a Murphy bed.

The Grand villa rendering and cabin picture is perfect.
But the studio, 1BR, and 2BR are an odd mix of woods...it's like every good design decision was thrown out by their design robot repeating "no dark" "must be modern" over and over and over...
Exactly! The 2 room types I will never book look ok but the others are...odd to say the least.

$7.33/point starting maintenance fees?!? Wow! That's steep! That may keep me from buying!

At first i was totally in agreement, then I thought about it a little more...While it is certainly very high, per point, when you factor in that the points are in line with BCV it isn't quite as bad.

I took Dec. 10th - dec 17th as sample dates, and a studio at the poly (standard view) is 120 points, which is 736 in dues. CC is 107 points, which is 784 in dues, so the difference isnt as drastic since the rooms are on the cheap side in per point value compared to recent additions to DVC.

It is still pretty pricey though, I see a lot of contracts hitting the resale market when a modest 150 point contract gets a bill in January for 1100$ in dues...

Studios only sleep 4:

Also 4 in the 1BR. It's definitely a dresser under the living room TV and not a Murphy bed.

That's a shame. I was hoping they'd put a sleeper chair in somewhere...we would love for our son to not have to pull out the sofa bed every trip...

At first i was totally in agreement, then I thought about it a little more...While it is certainly very high, per point, when you factor in that the points are in line with BCV it isn't quite as bad.

I took Dec. 10th - dec 17th as sample dates, and a studio at the poly (standard view) is 120 points, which is 736 in dues. CC is 107 points, which is 784 in dues, so the difference isnt as drastic since the rooms are on the cheap side in per point value compared to recent additions to DVC.

It is still pretty pricey though, I see a lot of contracts hitting the resale market when a modest 150 point contract gets a bill in January for 1100$ in dues...
I own at BCV. Starting dues at VWL2 are over $1/pp higher.

I agree the point per night is the same BCV = VWL2, but the dues and buy in price point are deal breakers.

If DVC started VWL2 sales at $135-$150/pp, the starting dues might have been tolerable. But: Bam!, Bam!. It's a heck of a one/two punch.

Yes I'll only end up with 28 yrs at BCV but I also only paid $84/pt. Prorated that's the same as VWL2, actually slightly less.

Plus BCV have Murphy beds, sleep 5.

So. Buy in was roughly equal to BCV, as are points per night. But MFs make VWL2 a worse deal than my prorated BCV contract.

Since MFs are one of the priciest features of a timeshare, it's a much worse deal.

And BCV is a true near park resort. I'm going to be happy with my 6.27/pp MF BCV resort.

All that said, these VWL2 MFs are going to throw some serious cold water on VWL1 resale. How much are their dues going up too when their "share" of the amenities are factored in?

In fact, that might be part of the decision to start MFs so high. I wonder if they discussed ways to tamp down on VWL1 resales and this was one of the strategies? Is high MFs that might scare off VWL1 resale buyers a quirk, or a feature?

Last edited:

I agree the point per night is the same BCV = VWL2, but the dues and buy in price point are deal breakers.

If DVC started VWL2 sales at $135-$150/pp, the starting dues might have been tolerable. But: Bam!, Bam!. It's a heck of a one/two punch.

Yes I'll only end up with 28 yrs at BCV but I also only paid $84/pt. Prorated that's the same as VWL2, actually slightly less.

So. Buy in was roughly equal to BCV, as are points per night. But MFs make VWL2 a worse deal than my prorated BCV contract.

Since MFs are one of the priciest features of a timeshare, it's a much worse deal.

And BCV is a true near park resort. I'm going to be happy with my 6.27/pp MF BCV resort.

All that said, these VWL2 MFs are going to throw some serious cold water on VWL1 resale. How much are their dues going up too when their "share" of the amenities are factored in?

In fact, that might be part of the decision to start MFs so high. I wonder if they discussed ways to tamp down on VWL1 resales and this was one of the strategies? Is high MFs that might scare off VWL1 resale buyers a quirk, or a feature?
I agree the high point cost plus the maintenance fee is a hard pill to swallow compared to other resorts. That's just the starting price too. I can't imagine what they will go up to after the resort is sold out!

I would imagine those cabins are a huge chunk of the maintenance cost with their private hot tubs and I assume higher insurance being so close to the water. The rooms in the lodge shouldn't be that costly to maintain. I'd hope they won't be transferring any increase costs to existing VWL1 dues but we'll have to wait and see I guess.

Oh I agree. The dues are high. My point was more along the lines of you can not compare dues straight up on a per point basis, you have to factor in how many points per night are needed. Boardwalk dues for 2017 6.47. the Grand Floridian is 5.90. Boardwalk seems a lot higher...but on the lowest season, a standard view studio at BW is 10 points, GF is 17, so really, the GF dues are higher, even though they are less per point.

Since copper creek does not have the room inflation that the newer resorts have (Poly, VGF) , the dues are not as bad as they seem at first (meaning they are not not a 10 on a badness scale, maybe just an 8, still bad)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter