ABCs of a Nursing School Grad Trip + FL Keys Mini Report;D is for: Dang! Last Chapter of this TR...

After talking with my mom, I thought it would be fun to invite everyone, whoever thinks they can make it, to a DIS Meet at their home. The date that works best for me is June 24.

Oh, and that's a little out of the way for me for dinner, but thanks for the invite!

SORRY!? LOL! My neighbors get a new suitcase...I’m not sorry. Disney, you just keep me wanting to come back, don’t you?
New suitcases! I mean, it's there fault it was broken, but still, good for them to replace it.

After talking it over with my neighbors, they decided they did indeed want a new bag, which ended up costing me $150 afterall. Surprisingly, I'm actually okay with this. In the end, I got a new bag for all the traveling I plan to do.
I mean, you did get a bag out of it in the end, so it wasn't a total waste.

It was easy enough to grab a pastry and coffee, or tea, or cocoa and take it back for views like this:
Honestly, I'm so jealous. A view like that seems unreal!

I DID pay for and sign up for my Private Pilot Ground School today. Classes start on May 16th and will go for 10 weeks. Starting out my 2nd half century right, by making dreams come true and finding BIG adventure!
Congrats! That's awesome for you!

Keep praying for funding to come through soon so we can take vaccinations, basic health care, clean water and health education to W. Africa!
Will do and I want to say you're exactly the type of person that I'd want as a nurse. Even though I am not continuing in the program, the kind of giving required was obvious and you exude it so beautifully. I'll put you and the project in my prayers :)

img_4197-jpg.235323

A super cute badge holder with my favorite lady mouse. :)

That's really nice! :)

Most of you know that I will be in Bowling Green, Kentucky in June.

After talking with my mom, I thought it would be fun to invite everyone, whoever thinks they can make it, to a DIS Meet at their home. The date that works best for me is June 24.

I'll be cooking up dinner for everyone. And we'll have the evening to hang out and share stories. Very casual, come as you are!

Hmm.... I don't think I can manage that... but...

Then again, I've stood you up before, so...

I'll have to check my calendar.

pkondz: putting life into perspective daily.

I prefer to think of it as crushing people's dreams.
I'm very good at that.

Wow.

That is all.

GUESS WHO'S WALKING OUT OF BEST BUY WITH A REPLACEMENT LAPTOP RIGHT NOW?

Bout time, no??

ETA: Lol! (So not laughing) Just kidding. Because it only gets more ridiculous!! Out of stock, and won't have for 10 days. Maybe.

Stoooooooopid.

At least they gave me a loaner laptop until it arrives...

Good grief. Make sure you stay on top of that.
These things have a habit of taking wayyyyy longer.
"Oh, yes. It'll be in in 10 days or so."
"That's what you said 20 days ago!!!"

HI
Thanks for the invite to the Dis meet on Saturday 24th June but I am afraid that I will have to give it a miss due to no flights avaliable to fly back on the Sunday avalible.Still not much to install confidence in best byes with your ongoing laptop situation.You will have to be carfull with the loan one with what you put on it.The saga continues as they say hopefully in ten days your replacement will be there and all will be back to normal.

Yup got one of those...

Then why does both POP and AKL have the same caps? Maybe, but they seem rigged to me.

Not to mention that they recently refurbed rooms will sleep 5 and the room is no larger.

GUESS WHO'S WALKING OUT OF BEST BUY WITH A REPLACEMENT LAPTOP RIGHT NOW?

Bout time, no??

ETA: Lol! (So not laughing) Just kidding. Because it only gets more ridiculous!! Out of stock, and won't have for 10 days. Maybe.

Stoooooooopid.

Yay......... UGH

At least they gave me a loaner laptop until it arrives...

Well that is something. I agree with Alison they should have done that from day 1.

KY in June- Not sure of my schedule but I will check.

Caught up. So fantastic to read about your Concierge upgrade!! I'd love to do that for the food alone.

Good luck with flying lessons too!

I know I said Happy Birthday on FB but I'll say it here too. I don't ha e fancy Gifs and such but I can wish it from my heart!

Popping in to see what's going on.....looks like
party: Happy Birthday Liesa!!

Hope you have time to do something fun for yourself!!
Best Wishes always:flower1:

Well, let's see if I can make a dent in some of the massive deficit in my DIS activity today. Gonna be tough though. I am getting a pain/steroid injection in my keister today for a bum tailbone (pun intended). Last time (9 months ago) it hurt so bad I could barely sit for a week. Which is where I'm at right now without it so no real change there. HOpefully, it works as well as it did last time and gives me pain free sitting, driving, sneezing, etc... for another 9 months or longer.

On top of that, we put our rental in Portland on the market and are busy with contracts, renovating it, etc....

Plus, the beautiful weather we're having is competing with y'all. I love you guys to pieces, but you know me and sunshine.....

Nevertheless, I have a couple of hours to kill before I see the 6 inch (that is no exaggeration) needle.

Oh, and that's a little out of the way for me for dinner, but thanks for the invite!

Well, shucks! Would be fun to meet you someday!

New suitcases! I mean, it's there fault it was broken, but still, good for them to replace it.

Yes, it was! And it's my go-to bag now, despite a broken outside zipper. Not sure I'd pack anything in that anyway. :)

I mean, you did get a bag out of it in the end, so it wasn't a total waste.

No, it wasn't. And I like what they got me.

Honestly, I'm so jealous. A view like that seems unreal!

It was absolutely divine! Definitely a must-do at least once.

Congrats! That's awesome for you!

Thanks Amber! I'll give progress reports as I go through it.

Will do and I want to say you're exactly the type of person that I'd want as a nurse. Even though I am not continuing in the program, the kind of giving required was obvious and you exude it so beautifully. I'll put you and the project in my prayers :)

Oh I"m so sorry to hear that. You gave it your very best shot I"m sure, and that's more than a lot of people can say. Nursing is tough and I think it's great you were able to do what you did. :)

They should have given you a loaner from Day 1!

I suppose so, but it wouldn't have made any difference. I couldn't get the one they DID give me set up, so am taking it back today. I don't want to be responsible for it. (You know me and spills.) I think the new one will be in by Thursday anyway. And I'll get tech support to help me set it up.

It would be closer for me to meet you in Oregon than Kentucky! :lmao:

Then why haven't you?!

Hmm.... I don't think I can manage that... but...

Then again, I've stood you up before, so...

I'll have to check my calendar.

Yes. Yes, you have. LOL!

Invitation stands.

I prefer to think of it as crushing people's dreams.
I'm very good at that.

:rolleyes2

Wow.

That is all.

The difference is that here there is opportunity all over the place. There ARE services, facilities, professionals, etc... There, there simply IS none. There ARE no resources available for a myriad of reasons. I need to do my part.

Good grief. Make sure you stay on top of that.
These things have a habit of taking wayyyyy longer.
"Oh, yes. It'll be in in 10 days or so."
"That's what you said 20 days ago!!!"

Just got a call...like JUST NOW. I suspect it's in. Woot! (very, very tentative woot.)

HI
Thanks for the invite to the Dis meet on Saturday 24th June but I am afraid that I will have to give it a miss due to no flights avaliable to fly back on the Sunday avalible.Still not much to install confidence in best byes with your ongoing laptop situation.You will have to be carfull with the loan one with what you put on it.The saga continues as they say hopefully in ten days your replacement will be there and all will be back to normal.

I seem to have a LOT of Canadian and European DISFriends. And yes, I'd agree, that'd be quite a trek for a dinner. Perhaps a trip up or over there might be more productive for me. Scotland is a pretty amazing place and I'd love to visit again.

I"m so careful, Stuart, that I'm actually taking it back today, almost completely UNsetup. I'm afraid I'll drop it or spill on it.

Not to mention that they recently refurbed rooms will sleep 5 and the room is no larger.

Oh Good point... not in their favor.

Well that is something. I agree with Alison they should have done that from day 1.

KY in June- Not sure of my schedule but I will check.

Yeah, I think I may write a letter of.... disgust.

You already know how much I'd love to see you.... it would be awesome if you could make it over. :)

Caught up. So fantastic to read about your Concierge upgrade!! I'd love to do that for the food alone.

Thanks, Glenn! I think it' be right up your alley knowing how much you love San'aa and Boma. :)

Good luck with flying lessons too!

I'll let everyone know how it's going as I progress through it.

I know I said Happy Birthday on FB but I'll say it here too. I don't ha e fancy Gifs and such but I can wish it from my heart!

Thank you very much, Alison! It warms my heart to know I have friends that care here. :) (PS. I suck at gifs and stuff too.)

Hi Liesa
I would like to wish you a Happy birthday.Have a great day.

Thanks, Mac! I had a pretty good day yesterday. I got little gifts all day long and felt very cared for. :)

Popping in to see what's going on.....looks like
party: Happy Birthday Liesa!!

Hope you have time to do something fun for yourself!!
Best Wishes always:flower1:

Thank you SO much!!! It's GREAT to see you popping in when you can! I had a nice party with my neighbors on Saturday night, and got a pedi today. Got some amazing flowers that I'll enjoy all week too! :)

I went with Hooker red this time.

I did too! On my fingers! I went with a dark Navy Blue on my toes, since that's what I'm going to do my fingers in two weeks from now. It's to match a special outfit for a special night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter