A simply sensational summer solo trip ~ August '22 edition! Completed 12/17

I have not heard of that pineapple upside down cake, but it looks good, going to have to try it!

Also I love your dress!

Sounds like the perfect evening. Dinner looks tasty and wow that view from GP is stunning. You would never know you’re minutes from a theme park.
Someone else’s report that I read in the past also mentioned what a great guy Josh is. I wonder does he know of his disboards fame 🤣.
I love Disney boats and totally agree Bay Lake at night is just perfect.
You got some great photos and are looking gorgeous. Your dress is very pretty.
Looking forward to hearing about the Dismeet

Josh is really nice. The Cascade Sangria looks delicious. I am always looking for something good and I don't know how I missed this one.
I really like Josh. He is so friendly and personable. He was telling me he used to work in entertainment at MK and that his favourite was when he was a grave digger in the Boo to You parade.
My favorite entree was the smoked turkey sandwich, which they haven't been able to serve for months because the supplier's business burned down. I really miss it, but the salmon is a good choice for now.
That really is a great sandwich! Hopefully they bring it back. I really love their teriyaki chicken wings too.
The boat is one of the best things about visiting, or staying at, WL. :)
::yes::
I have not heard of that pineapple upside down cake, but it looks good, going to have to try it!
It was at Aloha Isle from 2017-2019 and then went away during the pandemic. I was so happy to see it back this summer!
Also I love your dress!
Thank you! It is one of the Ambrie dresses. This is the Villians potions dress, I have another 7 prints. I love how lightweights and comfy they are for the parks. Plus they have pockets!
Sounds like the perfect evening. Dinner looks tasty and wow that view from GP is stunning. You would never know you’re minutes from a theme park.
Right??? That's one of the best parts of staying at WL!
Someone else’s report that I read in the past also mentioned what a great guy Josh is. I wonder does he know of his disboards fame 🤣.
Jenny loves Josh too! She is the one who introduced him to me. He definitely is famous on the boards! :)
I love Disney boats and totally agree Bay Lake at night is just perfect.
Boat transportaton is always the best. :goodvibes
You got some great photos and are looking gorgeous. Your dress is very pretty.
Thank you so much! The dress is one of my Ambrie collection. They are so soft and comfy for the parks.

I'm sorry, I'm a few updated behind.

So happy you were able to get your room at AK moved. I've never had the guts to ask for a move yet. It looks like it made for a very relaxing day leading into a great night. I still want to try the pineapple upside down cake. DH has it a few trips ago and really liked it.

I'm so sorry about the job situation. I hope they get this ironed out soon and you get the wage you deserve.

Love your Christmas bag, it's perfect for your trip.

Sounds like a perfect MK evening!! I'm gearing up for some low-key evenings in January when I'm racing four days in the row to earn my Dopey Challenge medals. :)

HI Susan, I finally have a day off from my paper-writing stuff and can sit with a homemade pumpkin latte and read. Ahhh! I am trying to hit up the TRs of folks I interact with regularly and was pleased you'd started a new one. :) I can't multiquote much, but really enjoyed readying through the chapters. Hope to be here as I can over the next few months. :)

Well I have to say I am a creature of habit and that no Disney trip is complee for me without a visit to my beloved Wilderness Lodge.
It's such a gorgeous resort.
So if you guessed Geyser Point for dinner tonight, you would be correct!
Shocked! I'm shocked!!
Arriving at MK, I made a beeline for Aloha Isle where I ordered the pineapple upside down cake with a pineapple/coconut swirl.
Nope!
No coconut for this cowboy.
IMG_1820.JPG
Love this photo of you! :goodvibes

So happy you were able to get your room at AK moved. I've never had the guts to ask for a move yet. It looks like it made for a very relaxing day leading into a great night. I still want to try the pineapple upside down cake. DH has it a few trips ago and really liked it.
I am the type that figures it never hurts to ask. If I had have been travelling with kids it wouldn't have bothered me but on my own I want peace and quiet. :)
I'm so sorry about the job situation. I hope they get this ironed out soon and you get the wage you deserve.
Thank you so much, Vanessa!
Love your Christmas bag, it's perfect for your trip.
Thanks! I am so excited to use it!
Sounds like a perfect MK evening!! I'm gearing up for some low-key evenings in January when I'm racing four days in the row to earn my Dopey Challenge medals. :)
What an accomplishment it will be to run Dopey! Do you guys go back late after the Christmas break? I would love to be there for marathon weekend one year but we are ususally back in school by then.
HI Susan, I finally have a day off from my paper-writing stuff and can sit with a homemade pumpkin latte and read. Ahhh! I am trying to hit up the TRs of folks I interact with regularly and was pleased you'd started a new one. :) I can't multiquote much, but really enjoyed readying through the chapters. Hope to be here as I can over the next few months. :)
HI Liesa! So happy you are here! I need to get over to your Italy report. I so enjoyed following along on FB.
Shocked! I'm shocked!!
Right????
No coconut for this cowboy.
You could always do pineapple or vanilla on the cake. The cake itself is delicious!
Love this photo of you! :goodvibes
Thank you so much!

Oh, I’m really enjoying your trip report! DH and I are planning a much-postponed trip and your trip report is reading just the way I like to do WDW! You are giving me hope for a good time! Looking forward to the rest!

And give up my float? No way José.
Wait... now I want one of those too.
You know, you could have the float AND the cake!
I've come to associate Geyser Point with your trips! :goodvibes
My favourite place..... :goodvibes
It's a wonderful setting.
The best!
Oh, I’m really enjoying your trip report! DH and I are planning a much-postponed trip and your trip report is reading just the way I like to do WDW! You are giving me hope for a good time! Looking forward to the rest!
Thank you so much! I am happy to have you join in! When are you going on your trip? I totally believe the magic is still there. Having a good attitude and packing a little patience make a big difference for me. I can always find something positive. Pus I try to focus on how I can make a magical moment for the CMs or other guests around me. It really doesn't take much. I am sure your trip will be wonderrful! :)

There is nothing better than a moment of Disney Zen!
I started off my morning by putting on a pot of coffee before heading down to the Mara to pick up by mobile order. I was so excited to use my beautiful new mug that I unpacked from my Owner's Locker. I had purchased it at WoD back in March and couldn't wait to use it. For my breakfast I chose my tried and true kids waffle combo with a side of bacon and grapes along with a milk (which I needed for my coffee).
IMG_1603.JPEG
This was absolutely the perfect breakfast!
IMG_1602.JPEG
I had my book in hand as well. And of course, the perfect view! Disney Zen at it's best!
IMG_1604.JPEG
IMG_1605.JPEG
This little zebra provided great entertainment this morning as he ran back and forth.

I was also lucky enough to secure a boarding group for GotG today! And I had a Dismeet!
So I dragged myself away from the balcony and got ready to head out to Epcot!

Of course I started off my morning on Spaceship Earth. :goodvibes

I then made my way over to GotG for my boarding group!
IMG_1606.JPEG
I got "One Way Or Another" this time and it was awesome!! I discovered that if I just went with the music and didn't focus on the track, I had no issues at all. It was a smooth, fun and exhilirating ride!

Now it was time for my Dismeet with @Wood Nymph and her lovely husband, Dana. They were so kind and I was very happy to spend time with them both, even though I probably talked their ears off!
They had a lunch ressie to get to and I was focused on completing the Remy scavenger hunt and enjoying the F&W booths. I decided to check out the Earth Eats booth where I went for the Impossible meatball.
IMG_1608.JPEG
This was excellent!

I wandered up to the Canada booth next but it was just too hot for me to try the soup. I did go for a hometown faavourite though with a glass of the Audio Visual Lager from Collective Arts brewing.
IMG_1609.JPEG

*contined in next post *

I was in the mood for dessert now so headed off to the L'Artisan des Glaces where I chose the raspberry macaron ice cream sandwich (key lime ice cream inside).
IMG_1610.JPEG
Perfection!

I headed to Japan next where I watched the drummers and found Remy overlooking the Koi pond.

After that was a lovely sojurn in the American pavilion with another set by the Voices of Liberty.

Then off to Germany where Remy eluded me but I finally found him and rewarded myself with a butter bar.

Scavenger hunt complete I decided to head to La Cava!
IMG_1614.JPEG
I had to take a pic of all the top shelf tequila for my friends who are majorly into tequila.
IMG_1615.JPEG
I went for a Cucumber Lime margarita and tried not to flinch at the $18 USD price tag!
IMG_1616.JPEG
My butter bar was delicious though!
IMG_1617.JPEG
There were no tables available inside so I perched beside the fountain to enjoy my drink and treat. I ended up meeting two lovely young women who were celebrating their recent law school graduation. We talked for well over an hour and put the world to rights. I only wish I had got their their text info to share the pictures we took.
IMG_1619.JPEG
I was wearing my Disney Dress Shoppe Inside Out dress that day and really wish I had a full length picture of it.

After saying godbye to my new friends I made my way back to the Land for a ride on the LwtL. Afterwards I thought I'd head back to the resort BUT Mother Nature had other plans. There was a massive rainstorm with ground strike lightening so I wasn't going anywhere. I went over to Sunshine Seasons hoping for a yummy snack but they were closing and had pretty limited options. So veggies with hummus it was.

IMG_1622.JPEG
After my snack, constant weather update checks and scrolling MDE, I decided to make a break for it. I had hoped to head to Disney Springs this evening. Would the weather cooperate? That's coming up next!

I was so excited to use my beautiful new mug that I unpacked from my Owner's Locker.
The mug is adorable. I'd be tempted to take it home with me. :)
Now it was time for my Dismeet with @Wood Nymph and her lovely husband, Dana. They were so kind and I was very happy to spend time with them both, even though I probably talked their ears off!
We really enjoyed meeting you. I think we could have talked for a few more hours. The time just flew by. I hope we can do it again sometime. :)
I was wearing my Disney Dress Shoppe Inside Out dress that day and really wish I had a full length picture of it.
Your dress was really cute, and I loved the matching Mickey ears. :)

Love your mug. You really did have a zen like start to your day. I love how you take your time and enjoy the day at your own pace. Sounds like you met some lovely people along the way and I’m guessing one of the joys of a solo trip is you can chat as long as you like without worrying about holding up anyone else in the family.
Such a relaxed vibe to your trip!
Hoping Mother Nature plays ball and you get to go to DS.

You know, you could have the float AND the cake!
Now there's a thought! :thumbsup2
I started off my morning by putting on a pot of coffee before heading down to the Mara to pick up by mobile order.
I don't know if you noticed, but you have a small typo there. Let me fix it for you...

"I started off my morning by putting on a pot of coffee before heading down to the Mara to pick up my Zebra Domes."

You're welcome.
Must admit... that's a really nice mug!
I recently broke my favourite HM mug and I don't think I'm gonna get over it any time soon.
At first glance, I didn't even see the zebra. I thought you had taken a photo of an alligator in the foreground!

:sad2:
I discovered that if I just went with the music and didn't focus on the track, I had no issues at all.
Glad that worked for you. :)
Now it was time for my Dismeet with @Wood Nymph and her lovely husband, Dana.
Nice!
I was in the mood for dessert now so headed off to the L'Artisan des Glaces where I chose the raspberry macaron ice cream sandwich (key lime ice cream inside).
Um... what??? Where has this been all my life??? I had no idea!
I went for a Cucumber Lime margarita and tried not to flinch at the $18 USD price tag!
Ouch

I absolutely love everything about your Trip Report.

That mug is the classiest pattern of anything at Disney. I was SO trying to justify buying it and the matching pieces I remember seeing but desperately trying to downsize. But it's absolute perfection and the picture of it with the book and glasses was sublime.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter