A simply sensational summer solo trip ~ August '22 edition! Completed 12/17

Hello!!! I have been off the boards for awhile. But trying to slowly get back into it. Your solo trip sounds amazing so far!!!

nd have been without an contract since August 31st. Last Thursday the Ontario government decided to impose a contract on us and declare any job action illegal. You can read all about it here....
This is horrible! It is never good for the teachers or the kids.

I found this cute darling at Box Lunch in the Walden Galleria mall. I will be very happy to use this on our upcoming December trip.
IMG_2038.jpeg
I love it! It's there perfect amount of disney and christmas

I went for a Cucumber Lime margarita and tried not to flinch at the $18 USD price tag!
I know! Those margarita are $$$$ I know part of it is because they use good tequila but man!

My butter bar was delicious though!
IMG_1617.JPEG
I have been dreaming about this lately... We had one on our trip and it was soooo good.

Two weeks from tonight, we will be at the airport on our way to Disney!!!!! Yes, I am just a little excited!
YEAH!!! Have a great trip!!! I am just a little jealous.

Hello!!! I have been off the boards for awhile. But trying to slowly get back into it. Your solo trip sounds amazing so far!!!
Thank you! So nice to see you here, Ariella!
This is horrible! It is never good for the teachers or the kids.
It's such a mess..... We have a tentatiive agreement now which is in the process of being ratified. I just hope it passes.
I love it! It's there perfect amount of disney and christmas
Thank you! I love it too. :)
I know! Those margarita are $$$$ I know part of it is because they use good tequila but man!
So spendy! Especially with the Canadian exchange.....they are the equivalent of $24 CDN!
I have been dreaming about this lately... We had one on our trip and it was soooo good.
It was my first time trying a butter bar but won't be the last!
YEAH!!! Have a great trip!!! I am just a little jealous.
Thank you! Bill has never been at Christmas so we are doing the Christmas party and a day at Epcot for the Candlelight Processonal.
Woohoo for a Disney countdown so soon! I'll be there in 33 days for the Dopey Challenge!! :)
So exciting! You are going to rock it! When do you finish school before Christmas? We are there until the 23rd.
Love the beautiful photos of the rainbows and sunset. It certainly looks like a perfect evening.
It was so lovely. I adore AKL for the peaceful, relaxed vibe.
OMG I'm so excited for you...another trip already!! Amazing!!
Thank you! With buyiing DVCit has been so easy to book trips. I have one planned for Disney Hilton Head Island Resort for March Break and at Boulder Ridge next August for my twins' 21st!

So exciting! You are going to rock it! When do you finish school before Christmas? We are there until the 23rd.
We get out on the 16th for Christmas break--I wish we would go into the following week at least a few days! Because of how they scheduled this break, I now have to take off 4 school days to go to WDW for the races in January.

I am sure you know about the Storytellers in some of the countries. Def try and see a couple. They were my favorite part of the Christmas stuff in world showcase!
I really enjoyed the holiday storytellers when I was there in 2019. They are fabulous!
We get out on the 16th for Christmas break--I wish we would go into the following week at least a few days! Because of how they scheduled this break, I now have to take off 4 school days to go to WDW for the races in January.
It's too bad that you are finishing so early! I am not a fan of finishing on the 23rd with Christmas Eve the next day but it will be very nice not to go back until January 9th. Do you get paid days off? We get two paid floats days per year which is what I am using to go to Disney next week. I bet your class is so much fun right now! Nothing better than kindergarten in December!

An incredible day at my two favourite parks!

After basically rolling myself out of Boma, I headed to the bus stop. I was off to Animal Kingdom!
My first order of business was to have a wander around the Tree of Life. I love looking for the hidden waterfalls and finding all the different animal carvings. I am always in awe of how intricate the carvings are and find something new each time.
IMG_1643.JPEG

IMG_1645.JPEG

The owl is one of my favourites. :goodvibes

Next up I headed over to my lovely friend @disneyAndi14 's favourite, Dinosaur! I hadn't ridden this in a few years and it was great to experience it again.
IMG_1647.JPEG

I was interested in checking out the new Nemo show so headed over there next. The show was so cute and I was happy to relax in the A/C for a bit!

IMG_1648.JPEG

I walked over to Asia next and hopped in the single rider line for Everest! No Yeti but lots of fun!

The Bird Show was calling my name so I headed there to enjoy all the beautiful birds with their skilled trainers. This show never gets old for me and is an AK must do each trip.
68331388424__95428265-6A42-4858-99A7-2B88ABD4A05E.jpeg

IMG_1664.JPEG

I decided a little treat was in order and went for a delicious Mickey premium bar. So good!

As I was walking back through Africa, I spied a photopass photographer and decided to stop for a few photos.
IMG_1823.JPG

IMG_1824.JPG

Heading into the Mercantile area, I came acros a family pin trading. They had so many of the alphabet pins I collect but I only had two pins left to trade. The Mom of the family noticed me giving a pin to a little girl and told me I could have all her alphabet pins as thanks for my kindness. I was totally blown away by that piece of Disney magic. I guess when you create magic for others, it comes back to you. One of the many reasons I love Disney so much!

I headed out of the park towards the bus stop as I wanted to ride my favourite ride once more.

Which ride? Which park? That's next!

Well if you guessed Epcot and Guardians of the Galaxy, you would be right!

I had hopped on the Beach Club bus and walked over to the International Gateway. Once I tapped in, I tried my luck at securing a boarding group for GotG and was very happy to have success! It was a super late group at about 8:45 but I was happy to have secured one at all. All day the forecast had been threatening severe rain and thunderstorms and the sky certainly looked like it was going to pour at any minute. I was well prepared with my trusty poncho and umbrella so I wasn't worried.
IMG_1667.JPEG

However I decided to focus on that little ray of sunshine and hope we would avoid any rain.
IMG_1665.JPEG

Having lots of time to kill and no Genie+ today, I decided to see some of the shows around World Showcase. I started off with the Beauty and Beast sing along which was cute. I would have much rather seen Impressions de France though.

Surprisingly I was actually a bit peckish so popped into Morocco to try the Moroccan flatbread and a cider flight. I wasn't sure about my allergies with some of the dips and the CM went above and beyond to make sure it was safe for me to eat. I was sure to fill out a cast compliment for him.
IMG_1668.JPEG
The cider flight was incredible with a fig cider, a ginger tumeric cider and a hibiscus apple cider. The ginger tumeric cider was my favourite of the three, although I enjoyed them all.
IMG_1669.JPEG
I headed to Japan next to pick up some Japanese candy for the boys. I watched the drummers again and then headed to America for another set of the amazing Voices of Liberty.

There was a 5:30 show for Eat to the Beat so I decided to sit and watch for a while. The artist was Blanco Brown who I was not familar with but seemed to have quite a loyal following in the audience. I am not really a country music girl but I enjoyed the set.

I headed over to Italy next as I thought I would try the famous Italian Limoncello margarita. The CM was very charming and asked me for ID to which I laughingly replied "I have children older than 21 so I think I'm good!"

IMG_1675.JPEG

My next stop was the Saucy Swine for the delicious Pork Shoulder Lettuce Wrap along with the Cabarnet Franc Strawberry beer. Both were amazing!
IMG_1677.JPEG
My boarding group was only about an hour away at this point as they had been moving quicker than expected. I decided to just hang out in the general area and people watch. I ended up face timing my best friend and chatted away with her for about 1/2 hr. Then I hopped in line to tap in for GotG! I was so excited to ride again.

All masked up and ready to go!
68333818670__5A040427-6BB2-4E37-A797-B13D7CF8F051.jpeg
I got "Conga" again and enjoyed it more this time. Coming off the ride I hopped in line for Guardian photos. I loved these, especially the one with Groot!
IMG_1826.JPG

IMG_1827.JPG

It was almost time for Harmonious but I decided to beat the crowds to the bus instead. Arriving back at AKL I headed to the Mara for a treat. No @pkondz , it was not zebra domes. It was the absolutely delicous peanut butter brownie. I polished this off with the last of my wine while watching HGTV. It had been a long and very fun day!
IMG_1679.JPEG

The next day was my last Disney day! I'll try to finish that up this week as we are now SIX days out from our Christmas trip! See you soon, friends!

We need to see the Nemo show next time we go to Al. We saw Lion King show with the acrobats and it was even better than the original version.

I think you were lucky to get into the virtual queue. It sounds like a great day.

After basically rolling myself out of Boma,
Ah yes, I know the feeling well...
I headed to the bus stop. I was off to Animal Kingdom!
This would be a perfect spot to put in a skyliner, don't you think? Can you imagine hoping on a skyliner to make the quick "flight" over to AK and back?
The owl is one of my favourites. :goodvibes
That's a cool one! Don't think I've seen it before.
I walked over to Asia next and hopped in the single rider line for Everest! No Yeti but lots of fun!
Love the EE single rider line.
But... no Yeti? You mean no moving Yeti, I presume?
The Bird Show was calling my name so I headed there to enjoy all the beautiful birds with their skilled trainers. This show never gets old for me and is an AK must do each trip.
It's a great show. Last time I saw it... I was in it. On stage, I mean.
I decided a little treat was in order and went for a delicious Mickey premium bar. So good!
I was shocked at how good those things are!
oooooh! Scary!
The Mom of the family noticed me giving a pin to a little girl and told me I could have all her alphabet pins as thanks for my kindness. I was totally blown away by that piece of Disney magic.
No way! How great is that???
I headed out of the park towards the bus stop as I wanted to ride my favourite ride once more.

Which ride? Which park? That's next!
I'm gonna guess... hmmm... Epcot and... wild stab, here... GotG.
Once I tapped in, I tried my luck at securing a boarding group for GotG and was very happy to have success!
Score!
What a cool shot! :thumbsup2
Really like your top.

Um... I mean the shirt! :blush:
I started off with the Beauty and Beast sing along which was cute. I would have much rather seen Impressions de France though.
I got surprised by that. I didn't even know there was a BatB sing along until it started.
Surprisingly I was actually a bit peckish
I don't think I was peckish until the next day! :laughing:
I wasn't sure about my allergies with some of the dips and the CM went above and beyond to make sure it was safe for me to eat. I was sure to fill out a cast compliment for him.
Very nice. Both of you.
The CM was very charming and asked me for ID to which I laughingly replied "I have children older than 21 so I think I'm good!"
You lied? I am quite sure it's not possible for you to have children that old.
Cool! Didn't know about that.
Arriving back at AKL I headed to the Mara for a treat. No @pkondz , it was not zebra domes.
:sad2:

;)
It was the absolutely delicous peanut butter brownie.
Actually... that sounds really good.
The next day was my last Disney day!
:sad1:
I'll try to finish that up this week as we are now SIX days out from our Christmas trip!
Holy smokes! That's like.... Now!

We need to see the Nemo show next time we go to Al. We saw Lion King show with the acrobats and it was even better than the original version.
The Nemo show was really fun! I also saw FotLK another day and loved it as well.
I think you were lucky to get into the virtual queue. It sounds like a great day.
I was SO lucky! It really was a perfect day. :)
What a great day!
Love the photo of you and Groot.
No better supper than wine and a brownie 👍
Thank you! That was such a fun photo op! Yes the wine and brownie were what my Nannie would have called "bed lunch". A yummy way to end the day.
This would be a perfect spot to put in a skyliner, don't you think? Can you imagine hoping on a skyliner to make the quick "flight" over to AK and back?
Oh my gosh, that would be the best!
That's a cool one! Don't think I've seen it before.
I discovered the owl a few years ago. There are so many animals n there, I know I have not come close to finding them all.
But... no Yeti? You mean no moving Yeti, I presume?
Exactly.
It's a great show. Last time I saw it... I was in it. On stage, I mean.
You were on stage??? That's so cool!
No way! How great is that???
It truly was a magical moment.:goodvibes
Um... I mean the shirt! :blush:
Peter Pan tank for the win. I got it at Hot Topic a few years back.
You lied? I am quite sure it's not possible for you to have children that old.
Flatterer! My boys are 20,20 and 22. I'm 56 so definitely old enough. :)
Actually... that sounds really good.
It was fabulous. If you like chocolate peanut butter ice cream, you would like this.
Holy smokes! That's like.... Now!
:yay::yay::yay::yay:

Hi Susan, taking a little break this afternoon from studies and will attempt to catch up around here. :)

Your mug is so pretty!! I just broke my POFQ mug (one I used a LOT) and was so sad. So. SAD. If I can't find a replacement, that would actually fit the theme pretty well. If I ever get back to Disney I may look for it. :)

Your WS crawl sounded delightful. A perfect day of snacking and touring. Love it! You know how I love a good Remy Hunt. ;)

Yeah, the marg prices are just over-the-top now. $18 is absolutely ridiculous. Last trip, I cut WAY back on the ETOH.

AH, nothing like a Savanah view at AK. Love that so much. I think you made the best of the evening of foiled plans. Wine on a balcony is the BEST!! Esp with a sunset like that! I cancelled my Boma last trip in lieu of one last morning in the park. Been quite a while since I"ve been there.

Oh my gosh, that would be the best!
::yes::
You were on stage??? That's so cool!
I was! :)
Peter Pan tank for the win. I got it at Hot Topic a few years back.
Not from Disney. You must’ve saved over $300.
Flatterer! My boys are 20,20 and 22. I'm 56 so definitely old enough. :)
You’re just a baby. :)
It was fabulous. If you like chocolate peanut butter ice cream, you would like this.
I do!

I’m enjoying your report! I’m gearing up for 24 hours solo at Disney in a couple of days before catching up with family later this week. I’m wondering about the Guardians VQ. Did you try for the VQ right at 1 p.m. or was it later?

Not from Disney. You must’ve saved over $300.
I find the prices at Disney to be ridiculous! Then you add in the exchange rate and it is even worse. I have to really like something to spend that amount on it. I find Hot Topic can be good for shirts. I really miss the Disney store though. I knew every CM at the store in Newmarket by name!
I’m enjoying your report! I’m gearing up for 24 hours solo at Disney in a couple of days before catching up with family later this week. I’m wondering about the Guardians VQ. Did you try for the VQ right at 1 p.m. or was it later?
Thank you so much! I got to International Gateway about 2;45 so tried for the VQ right after that.

Your mug is so pretty!! I just broke my POFQ mug (one I used a LOT) and was so sad. So. SAD. If I can't find a replacement, that would actually fit the theme pretty well. If I ever get back to Disney I may look for it. :)
Thank you! I hate when a favourite mug is broken. It's the worst!
Your WS crawl sounded delightful. A perfect day of snacking and touring. Love it! You know how I love a good Remy Hunt. ;)
I love a relaxing stroll along WS.....nothing like meandering along with a bevvie and a snack. :)
Yeah, the marg prices are just over-the-top now. $18 is absolutely ridiculous. Last trip, I cut WAY back on the ETOH.
It's terrible...even worse for Canadians with the exchange rate. Ugh!
AH, nothing like a Savanah view at AK. Love that so much. I think you made the best of the evening of foiled plans. Wine on a balcony is the BEST!! Esp with a sunset like that! I cancelled my Boma last trip in lieu of one last morning in the park. Been quite a while since I"ve been there.
I love Boma. I don't do it every trip but it's a must do when staying at AKL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter