A simply sensational summer solo trip ~ August '22 edition! Completed 12/17

The Mom of the family noticed me giving a pin to a little girl and told me I could have all her alphabet pins as thanks for my kindness. I was totally blown away by that piece of Disney magic. I guess when you create magic for others, it comes back to you. One of the many reasons I love Disney so much!
Everything about that is just awesome!
I headed over to Italy next as I thought I would try the famous Italian Limoncello margarita. The CM was very charming and asked me for ID to which I laughingly replied "I have children older than 21 so I think I'm good!"
Oh, come on... just because you forgot your ID...
It was the absolutely delicous peanut butter brownie.
That thing looks incredible!

Everything about that is just awesome!

Oh, come on... just because you forgot your ID...

That thing looks incredible!
It really was so magical and completely unexpected.

Haha, he was a charmer for sure.

It was SO good! One of my new favourites!

Hi friends!

It’s Disney Day!!!!!! We flew in last night and were shocked to have only a 15 minute wait for security AND customs at Toronto Pearson! We stayed at the Hyatt Regency last night and will be on our way to Wilderness Lodge soon.

Today we are doing the Christmas Tree Trail, lunch at Jock Lindsay’s, pool time and Hoop Dee Doo tonight!

We flew in last night and were shocked to have only a 15 minute wait for security AND customs at Toronto Pearson!
What??? How is that possible? I think the shortest amount of time I've spent doing that, there, was close to an hour.
Today we are doing the Christmas Tree Trail, lunch at Jock Lindsay’s, pool time and Hoop Dee Doo tonight!
Have a great time! :)

Loving following along on FB with your trip pics...looks like you are having a fantastic time.

Have a great time!
Thank you!
Hope you have a wonderful holiday trip!
Thanks Alicia!
What??? How is that possible? I think the shortest amount of time I've spent doing that, there, was close to an hour.

Have a great time! :)
We were so lucky with security and customs on both legs of our trip. Just breezed through both times. :) It was an incredible trip!
Loving following along on FB with your trip pics...looks like you are having a fantastic time.
Thanks Kathy! We had so much fun!

Why does the last day arrive so quickly?

I enjoyed a last coffee on the balcony before finishing my packing and calling bell services. I was lucky to have a late flight that evening and was determined to make the most of my day. I had park reservations for Magic Kingdom today so headed over for some fun!

I loved my Disney duck friends enjoying the beautiful day!
IMG_1682.JPEG

Arriving at the park I headed to Adventureland and was surprised to find a photopass photographer on the bridge. So I decided to go for a little photoshoot to commerate my last day.
IMG_1829.JPG

IMG_1831.JPG
I didn't have Genie+ for this day and was content to just wander around and take everything in. I had installed the Hidden Mickey app on my phone and had a great time looking around to see which ones I could find. I also decided to check out Gaston's Tavern for a LeFreu's Brew as I had never tried one before.
IMG_1685.JPEG

IMG_1675.JPEG
Verdict...... a bit too sweet for me but I am glad I tried it once. It's basically like a frozen apple juice.

Next up, I headed to Philamarmagic. I really enjoyed the show with the updated visuals, especially the new Coco scene.
IMG_1683.JPEGHaunted Mansion was a last day must do for me and I was happy to find there was only a 20 minute standby wait. HM remains my #2 ride in the park, only behind my beloved PeopleMover.

IMG_1836.JPG
IMG_1835.JPG
I was getting a little hungry so decided to head over to the Poly for lunch. First though, I was happy to catch the Festival of Fantasy parade!
IMG_1687.JPEG
For my final stop, I decided to treat myself to a new charm for my Pandora bracelet. I decided to go for the Madame Leota charm which I absolutely love!
IMG_1688.JPEG

*continued in next post*

Last edited:
A final goodbye at the Poly!

I decided Tambu Lounge would be a perfect stop as there's never anything wrong with a Lapu Lapu! Of course this went down well and was absolutely delicious!
IMG_1689.JPEG
I had a great chat with fellow guests at the bar then decided to head down to Captain Cooks for my favourite treat!

Yes, that would be the super yummy pulled pork nachos! And I polished off every bite!
IMG_1690.JPEG
I headed back across the Seven Seas Lagoon so I could catch the AK bus at Magic Kingdom. I had a 3:30 pm pickup by the Sunshine Flyer and was cutting it a little close. All was well however and I made it to the airport with time to spare.

All masked up on the plane with PDD setting in, I began to do what we all do best....plan my next trip! The great part of owning DVC is knowing you always have a trip in the books!
68342619539__DC59390A-E514-473C-8AD8-BF67E9DF5AE2.jpeg
Thanks to you all for following along and commenting! I always enjoy the chat and fun that goes into a trip report. I'll be back soon with my new TR for our trip last week!

I decided to go for a little photoshoot to commemorate my last day.
That dress is cute, too. :)
Gaston's Tavern for a LeFreu's Brew
I agree that it is too sweet. It does taste like frozen apple juice. :)
I headed to Philamarmagic. I really enjoyed the show with the updated visuals, especially the new Coco scene.
The new Coco scene is really cute. We used to avoid Philharmonic because it seemed boring when compared to the other rides. But now it has become a must do because we really do enjoy it.
HM remains my #2 ride in the park, only behind my beloved PeopleMover.
Plus Pirates for Dana and Buzz for me. We always have to ride the Wedway. :)
that would be the super yummy pulled pork nachos! And I polished off every bite!
I love those nachos. It has been hard to get back to the Polynesian since Geyser Point has taken over as our favorite lunch spot when in the MK area.
All masked up on the plane with PDD setting in, I began to do what we all do best....plan my next trip!
They only way to avoid severe Disney depression is to plan another trip. I don't think we will ever return in August again due to the oppressive heat. But we do have two trips planned for 2023 so far, Feb 5-9 and Apr 16-20.

Why does the last day arrive so quickly?
I think we need to get our best minds working on this.
I was lucky to have a late flight
Nice. Mine are usually stupid early. Which... bites.
IMG_1831.JPG
Cute shot. :)
I had installed the Hidden Mickey app on my phone
I didn't know there was such a thing. Huh!
Nope. I don't see it.
Verdict...... a bit too sweet for me but I am glad I tried it once. It's basically like a frozen apple juice.
Yeah, I've had it once. That was enough. Very "meh" about it.
Haunted Mansion was a last day must do for me
::yes::
It's a must every day!
HM remains my #2 ride in the park, only behind my beloved PeopleMover.
#2?... hmmm... well... I suppose we can still be friends.

;)
Look at you all posing cute with the ghost. :)
:scared: eeeeeeeeeee!!!!!
I decided to go for the Madame Leota charm which I absolutely love!
Oh, cool!
I don't collect them, but if I did... that'd be a must.
Yes, that would be the super yummy pulled pork nachos! And I polished off every bite!
Never really gotten the hype around pulled pork. I know these nachos are on a lot of folks list, but... I've never felt the pull.

ahem
All masked up on the plane with PDD setting in,
:hug:
I began to do what we all do best....plan my next trip!
::yes::
Thanks to you all for following along and commenting!
Thanks for writing, Susan!

You really made the most out of your final day. Cute photos.
I’ve yet to try LeFrew’s brew and those nachos. I’ve a feeling I’ll be in agreement with your verdicts on both.
Your new Pandora charm looks great. Your bracelet is fairly filling up. I really meant to buy a charm this past summer for mine but somehow forgot. Ach well sure it gives me an excuse to go back ( not that I need an excuse)😂.
PDD is always made easier by having a return trip planned. I’m sure the planning is easier when you’re a dvc member. How long have you been a member? Do you find it easy to get where you want to stay when you want it?

I think we need to get our best minds working on this.
Absolutely!
Nice. Mine are usually stupid early. Which... bites.
The really early flights are awful! But I guess you really don't have much choice with connections.
I didn't know there was such a thing. Huh!
Have you ever seen the Hidden Mickey books?

https://hiddenmickeyguy.com/buy-the-book-app/

I have the books but it is a lot easier to just use the app on my phone.
I don't collect them, but if I did... that'd be a must.
I have the Madame Leota Dooney and Bourke bag as well and it is gorgeous. I love everything HM themed.

https://disneydooney.com/madame-leota-haunted-mansion-2017/

The crossbody bag is the one I bought. I carry it every October.
Never really gotten the hype around pulled pork. I know these nachos are on a lot of folks list, but... I've never felt the pull.

ahem
Groan!!! That was very punny!
I’ve yet to try LeFrew’s brew and those nachos. I’ve a feeling I’ll be in agreement with your verdicts on both.
The nachos are SO good!
Your new Pandora charm looks great. Your bracelet is fairly filling up. I really meant to buy a charm this past summer for mine but somehow forgot. Ach well sure it gives me an excuse to go back ( not that I need an excuse)😂.
I have been collecting Pandora since 2006. I have four bracelets in total including the Disney one. I think I need to add a 5th!
PDD is always made easier by having a return trip planned. I’m sure the planning is easier when you’re a dvc member. How long have you been a member? Do you find it easy to get where you want to stay when you want it?
I purchased DVC in November of 2019. When my Aunt Shirley passed away she left me a legacy in her will. I would have never been able to afford DVC at this stage in my life otherwise. Now every time I go I feel the connection to my Shirley and everything she made possible in my life. It's very special.

I have a trip booked for Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort for March Break which I am super excited about! Then I am booked at Boulder Ridge in August for the twins 21st birthday celebrations.

In 2024 I am hoping for a 4 night trip for Festival of the Arts and that summer we are planning on Disneyland and Aulani to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary and Bill's retirement. I love planning! :)

Most times I am able to book easily. You can book your home resort at 11 months out and other Disney resorts at 7 months out. December is very popular so it can be tricky to book then, especially for Boulder Ridge. Hilton Head is a small resort so it was tricky piecing together a week's stay there but I managed to get six nights,

I purchased DVC in November of 2019. When my Aunt Shirley passed away she left me a legacy in her will. I would have never been able to afford DVC at this stage in my life otherwise. Now every time I go I feel the connection to my Shirley and everything she made possible in my life. It's very special.
What a wonderful way to remember and celebrate your Aunt Shirley.
I have a trip booked for Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort for March Break which I am super excited about! Then I am booked at Boulder Ridge in August for the twins 21st birthday celebrations.
Exciting times ahead for you and the twins. Your anniversary trip sounds wonderful too. DVC certainly adds to your life in the best way.

I have 1 Pandora bracelet. My mum and my sister bought it for my 50th and my kids and the kids I have looked after over the years have bought me various charms so it’s a mix of everything. I love it. It reminds me of the special people, young and old, in my life ❤️

The really early flights are awful! But I guess you really don't have much choice with connections.
Oh, I have a choice. I can overnight in the terminal building...

Okay, actually I could overnight in a nearby hotel and have done that when I've traveled overseas. But if I have an extra night... then I'll spend that at WDW and.... take the stupid early flight the next morning.
Have you ever seen the Hidden Mickey books?

https://hiddenmickeyguy.com/buy-the-book-app/

I have the books but it is a lot easier to just use the app on my phone.
I have seen those books. ::yes:: Had no idea it was an app.

And... I'm not sure if I'd get it. I'm not a huge Hidden Mickey hunter. I enjoy finding the odd one here or there, but I don't really think about it too much?
I have the Madame Leota Dooney and Bourke bag as well and it is gorgeous. I love everything HM themed.
Then we can be best friends. :laughing:
Groan!!! That was very punny!
:rolleyes:

Hi Susan, Sorry to have missed a lot of this report. But as you say, with your new DVC you'll be back a lot and will have more to write about. Once I'm done with school, I'll have more time and be more involved. :) I love that you had such a nice last day at MK and waved good bye to WDW with a Lapu onboard. ;)

Favor? If you start a new report, could you PM me? I don't scan the list anymore to find new reports as I'm usually sneaking on in a hurry and only have a few minutes at a time.

I have to agree. I tried it once when New Fantasyland was new.
Next up, I headed to Philamarmagic. I really enjoyed the show with the updated visuals, especially the new Coco scene.
I'm really looking forward to that. Going to be in MK on 12/31 so that might be one of the few things I can actually do without waiting 2 hours. :rotfl2:
The great part of owning DVC is knowing you always have a trip in the books!
That would be a huge positive.

Finally caught back up just as your finishing.

Great report with lots of great food and fun. I'm looking forward to your report for your December trip. I enjoyed what I saw on Facebook.

All caught up! I love reading about solo adventures and hope to one day be able to take one of my own! Looking forward to your next TR. Thanks for sharing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter