A simply sensational summer solo trip ~ August '22 edition! Completed 12/17

suse66

When you wish upon a star, your dreams come true!
Hello friends old and new and welcome to my latest trip report!

I am Susan, lover of all the Disney things! I am the girl who can talk to random strangers about Disney for hours on end, loves planning my trips almost as much as I like going on them and remembers most events by what I had to eat! In my non Disney life, I am a kindergarten educator going into my 34th (!) year in the Early Years, mom to three incredible sons in their early 20's, lover of all things creative and the great outdoors.

After travelling last summer with my oldest son for his 21st birthday and on March Break with my lovely husband, I still felt there was something missing. And that was time simply to do what I wanted in my happiest of happy places! I had also really missed travelling in late August with the reduced crowds. I can handle ALL the heat if I don't have to deal with crazy lines. And so this trip was born...8 perfect days staying at two lovely resorts, going to MNSSHP and doing all the things!

You know you're in the right place if this is also where you head first upon entering the Magic Kingdom!

IMG_1352.jpeg
I'll be back soon with travel day updates and first day fun!

I was wondering if you had started your August TR yet, so I went to your profile page to check. Needless to say, I was excited to see you had! Can't wait to follow along and hear all about your solo time in Walt Disney World.

Following!
:welcome:
Looking forward to hearing all about it.
Thanks for joining in!
Following Along!!!!
Yay! Glad you are here, Ariella!
Joining in! Can't wait to read more!
Following!
Following as I am thinking about doing a solo trip in the near future.
Solo trips are the best! This was my 6th solo trip and I must say I had a wonderful time. :)
Following :)
I was wondering if you had started your August TR yet, so I went to your profile page to check. Needless to say, I was excited to see you had! Can't wait to follow along and hear all about your solo time in Walt Disney World.
Thanks Alicia! I am happy you are here! :goodvibes
Looking forward to reading about your trip!
Love a good solo trip! looking forward to reading more.

Reactions: DLo

Thank you so much to all who have commented and are following along! I am so happy to have you here and am looking forward to getting to know you through chat about our favourite place!

I am always optimistic when I am booking travel. 7 am departure? Sure! Oh and I have to be at the airport a minimum of three hours before my flight? No problem! And I live an hour from the airport so had to have my car service pick me up at 3 am? Also not a problem, I was going to Disney!

However, the night before was the 50th birthday party of a dear friend which I couldn't miss. That meant I got home around 11 pm and my alarm was set for 2:30 am. 3 1/2 hours of sleep should be plenty, right? Sure, if you can actually sleep the night before you travel. Which I can't.......

So, I may have been a little tired heading to airport but I had the excitement of Disney arrival day to carry me through!

As you all know, travel delays have been plaguing travellers this last year. I was expecting the worst as I was flying out of Toronto Pearson which is notoriously busy. Even at 4 am, the terminal was packed! Luckily I got through security in about 45 minutes and sailed through customs with no wait at all. Luck was on my side....and maybe a bit of trip day pixie dust too.:tink:

I think the pixie dust stayed with me as when boarding the plane, I discovered I had a whole row to myself! I mean, when does that ever happen? I held my breath until the cabin doors closed in case a last minute passenger arrived but then I popped up all the arm rests and stretched out. Ah!
IMG_1339.jpeg

The flight went smoothly with only a short 20 minute delay. I had travelled with only carry on so was able to quickly make my way through the terminal and down to the ground transportation as I was taking the Sunshine Flyer for the first time!
I had debated using Lyft but I am not always comfortable using ride share by myself. The Sunshine Flyer area was pretty crowded and a little unorganized. They were checking people in on a paper list! I hadn't seen that for a while. Then of course my name wasn't even on the list! I was able to pull up my confirmation email and they added me. I went to stand in what felt like a cattle pen in the heat (no nice air conditioned organized lines here) and waited until they called my resort. After about 20 minutes I heard them call for the Grand Floridian. We were sharing with Wilderness Lodge and Polynesian. The buses were clean and comfortable and we were finally on our way!
IMG_1343.jpeg
I was still masking indoors and in crowded areas and aside from a few curious looks, I did not feel any animosity for doing so. I was happy to have a quick peek at my beloved Wilderness Lodge when we stopped there. Soon, we arrived at the Grand where I was able to drop my luggage with bell services, pick up my new 50th anniversary magic band and get myself sorted for heading to the park! Which park was I heading to?

~~~Magic Kingdom!~~~

And I was lucky enough to walk right in to the Festival of Fantasy parade!

IMG_1349.jpeg
How fun is that!

Of course, I had to head directly to my Magic Kingdom favourite and always my first ride in the park, the People Mover!IMG_1354.jpeg
I love the new narration and it was fun to see the progress on Tron. I can't wait until it is open!
IMG_1359.jpeg
I had purched Genie+ for the day so had some favourites booked. I started with Jungle Cruise which was fun with a terrific skipper. I moved on next to Big Thunder and loved my ride through the wilderness. I was getting hungry so I decided to mobile order at Pecos Bill, going with the kids chicken and rice bowl.
IMG_1361.jpeg
I went for an orange, apple slices and unsweetened iced tea as my sides. This was a great value for $7.99 and the perfect amount of food. I wish the toppings bar was open but the CM was able to give me everything I requested so I could do my bowl up.

Next up was a ride on the Liberty Belle which is another MK must do for me.
IMG_1362.jpeg
I followed this up with my beloved Haunted Mansion and was happy to discover my room notification had come through!

I decided to head back to the Grand on the resort launch as I was excited to check out my room. Is there anything better than being on Disney boat transportation on a beautiful day?
IMG_1365.jpeg

Room pictures and an unexpected change of evening plans are coming up next!

Last edited:
The Sunshine Flyer looks nice. I’m sure we will try it eventually. I am still shocked that Disney took away the ME. Looking forward to reading more. 😊

Hello friends old and new and welcome to my latest trip report!
I am really looking forward to this trip report. :)
I think the pixie dust stayed with me as when boarding the plane, I discovered I had a whole row to myself! I mean, when does that ever happen?
This was really good luck, especially since you really needed to nap a little. We usually take the first flight out and I always sleep on the plane.
I was getting hungry so I decided to mobile order at Pecos Bill, going with the kids chicken and rice bowl.
This looks like a real bargain. I will often get the kids meal for breakfast at our resort, but I hadn't thought about what the lunch options were at other restaurants.
I decided to head back to the Grand on the resort launch as I was excited to check out my room. Is there anything better than being on Disney boat transportation on a beautiful day?
The launches are always fun. We really like the walking path to GF but the boat is fun, too. :)

Oh good I'm not too far behind and even made page 1!

remembers most events by what I had to eat!

I knew there was a reason that I liked you! :thumbsup2

I was still masking indoors and in crowded areas and aside from a few curious looks, I did not feel any animosity for doing so.

I don't blame you. I still do it too at most places at home.

I love the new narration and it was fun to see the progress on Tron. I can't wait until it is open!

Wow that has come a long way since my last trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter