Wk of Mar 2 - WISH Walking/Running Club

It's Aloha Friday, no work to Monday...

Hey Wishers, we did 6 miles of hill work, in the forest above Honolulu. Nice workout that got the ticker going. Change of scenery from the beach and ocean, that gets sooooooooooooooooo boring. LOL.:rotfl2:

I received the Chi Running DVD, and will try to watch it sometime this weekend. Not sure when since we'll be selling Girl Scout Cookies on Saturday with Princess #1, and Princess #2 in tow. Oh yeah, and I'm going to the clinic's first run on Sunday morning. Plus we have a box sliding/kite flying outing with the troop on Sunday.

Her royal Majesty, the Queen, is heading to Washington D.C. for her annual trek with 40 students from her middle school. So I'm "Mr. Mom" again for the next 8 days. I told the Princesses "I have the power to control their mind "(Think Fantasmic). They just rolled their eyes and laughed uncontrollably.

Anyways, I will post in a separate thread, for those who WISH to be on the mailing list for the dvd.

Have a great weekend everyone, safe running, fun racing. See you on the flip side.

Quick drive-by - will catch up reading later - need help with a decision that must be made this morning! DH and I are scheduled to do a half tomorrow AM at the beach. My ankle is still iffy, he's had no sleep for the past 3 days due to work. Those we can overcome. Forecast calls for thunderstorms and heavy wind at home tonight, there tomorrow at race start. I don't mind running in the rain, but 30-40mph wind is another thing. The biggest problem is our dog is TERRIFIED of storms, and she'll be home alone tonight when they come through here. A friend will be coming by, but I don't think she can spend the night. Do we forfeit the entry fees and hotel room and just bag this one? My gut is telling me there are way too many things against us on this one, but I can't stand the idea of a DNS!

Jackie

Another week down! It's great to log on and catch up on everybody's adventures. Sounds like everyone is doing great, some even despite some set-backs this week. Life gets in the way sometimes, doesn't it?

Craig - way to go on the PR! The nagging pain afterward has got to be worth it, right?

Shan - glad to hear that the ankle is doing better.

Socks - I am with my wife - the Balega socks are awesome! I have a pair of the Nike socks that are constructed to fit left and right feet individually, provide cushion and support etc. - not even close to the Balegas in terms of comfort and functionality.

Maura - welcome to the crazy side! Congrats on signing up for the half - we all look forward to meeting you at the race.

Jeff - nice to get a change of scenery every once in awhile! If I never see sand again, I will be a happy man. Now, if I can have sand AND surf, I would happily take the sand - just not much surf around here! I run the perimeter road in our small compound every day - .4 mile loops - one lap at a time. When I ran the Goofy in January, I was just happy to be running in a straight line for once!

Kristen - Knowing your penchant for all things chocolate and wanting to be in your good graces when I return, I have made friends with an RAF Major who has offered to supply me with any UK candy/chocolate we want - and at significantly reduced prices than what we pay at Epcot! Any requests?

Mike - I am tempted to start quoting all the Napoleon Dynamite bits of wisdom right now, but that could take on a life of its own. Drives my wife nuts when I start quoting movies (Princess Bride, Holy Grail, etc.) and I want to stay on her good side (good graces - see comments above!).

Pretty easy on the running this week - sand storms, work requirements and some local Iraqi food that caused an incredible amount of gastro-intestinal distress got in the way. My Nike + sensor finally ran out of juice this week so I am reduced to counting laps again until Kristen can send me another one. I did have a sub-8 min/mile 4 miles last night with a buddy who is training with me and we actually felt pretty good at the end of it. We both are leaving theater at about the same time so it will be good to have someone to run with and keep some accountability between us. Sometimes you just don't feel like running and its nice to have someone kick you in the backside to get you out the door. Taking today off, with a planned 4 miles on Saturday and 8 on Sunday.

Time to get back to work - hope everyone has a great week and good training!

Z

Here are the current standings for the Team Challange:

So far I have:

Bunnies---------1482.74 miles/300.19 hours

Ohana----------1302.41 miles/364.60 hours

Tripple Ds-------1275.22 miles/270.98 hours

Walt's Warriors--1179.10 miles/203.87 hours

Hakuna Matata---955.11 miles/285.82 hours

Herc's Heroes----938.78 miles/188.17 hours

Super Goofs------798.98 miles/229.98 hours

The game is just starting but we have a race. My team the Hakuna Matata is behind what Erica and I have not done, that's gonna change so be afraid.

I need two players right now, if anyone is interested. I might go recruit Dean if no one steps forward.

Recruiting Panda:hippie:

Hey, Panda. I'm home sick today. :( We have a couple MIA on Herc's last week--I posted to the thread that I hadn't heard from some. Sandy hasn't checked in, but I hear she is having computer problems....

I feel like blech. I'm going to try to get some rest and I'll be back later this morning...

Hi Everyone!

Does anyone here train with a HR monitor? I need to get some help resetting my max heartrate and therefore all my HR zones. Evidently, I had it set too low seeing as I overshot my max during sunday's race. That and according to the zones I have set, I ran the entire race in zone 5?

I'm having a hard time figuring out a good time to take baby out without messing with his schedule too much. This whole life/child/workout balance does get easier, right?
Yes. It does get easier. However, I used to do squats while holding my babies and that got more difficult.

DH and I are scheduled to do a half tomorrow AM at the beach.
Jackie - Injured, exhausted AND horrible weather? Sometimes a DNS is the smarter choice. we have that storm right now, and I wouldn't run in it.

I run the perimeter road in our small compound every day - .4 mile loops - one lap at a time. When I ran the Goofy in January, I was just happy to be running in a straight line for once!

Sometimes you just don't feel like running and its nice to have someone kick you in the backside to get you out the door.
Z

Z- You are such an inspiration to me! I read your posts and feel like I need to run out the door right that minute. Stay safe.

Shan - Glad you are feeling good! Are you getting excited about the race?

Maura - Yipee! You are going to have so much fun at the WDW Half Mararthon that you won't believe it. It is a great race.

Amy - Nice splits! I hope you heal quickly.

Cecilia

Cecilia, I am getting excited. I even had a dream last night I was running and was picking up my pace when a song I like came on my ipod and just about then... BAM! Lightening struck and woke me up! :rotfl:
Guess we're making up from the drought?!?
I'm actually excited about the expo, too! :confused3

Question - The Disney Endurance newsletter email said they'd be at the ING Georgia expo and will have medals. Will they be from this past race or for the upcoming ones? I guess I'll have to take my camera. Isn't the next half supposed to have a new medal design?

Also, I got the email, but DH did not. I wonder why??? We're both signed up...

kzmarathon/Kevin/Z Thanks for the welcome. And let me just join in everyone else's comments about you being an inspiration. Puts our kvetching about running in snow in the right perspective. Hope your weekend runs go well.

Today I rest and tomorrow tackle 6 miles (run/walk) I have a route mapped out, but we're teetering on the edge of a storm. Supposed to get 3-5 inches of snow, but could be more/could be less. At least we're not Cleveland or Buffalo---they could get 20"!:sad1:

Maura

Good morning WISH team! I have no training to report, I just wanted to stop in and say hello. I am so sorry about all the snow everywhere. I hope Spring arrives soon. Don't forget to set your clocks ahead one hour this weekend.

GOOD MORNING TEAM

OK so I feel this big after reading all your posts:idea: (except Amy's cause she kind of did what I did too :) )

I just couldn't help myself. I have admitted my addiction to running before and it got the best of me last night. The family wasn't going to be home and I really wanted to go to Bodyflow (yoga/pilates) at gym but it didn't start until 7 and what in the world was I going to do with myself until then.:confused3 YES I KNOW I could have done elliptical or bike. I HATE THOSE MACHINES. Man I am stubborn.

So I knocked out a quick 3 on the treadmill and even though you guys will be dissappointed in me for running I had awesome times. Did 1.5 miles at 8.5 pace and finished the whole 3 with warm up and everything in 27:48. :banana: I have never run 3 that fast on treadmill. For some reason my average pace always comes out slow on treadmill cause it takes me a while to get my footing, so to speak.

Got up this morning and went to Bodypump (weights). Man it feels good to be back and I am rewarding myself by taking kiddos to Outback tonight :woohoo: while daddy is on duty. I love Chicken on the Barbie -- and it's so good for you!!

OK so thanks for supporting me team even when I am reckless!! :confused:

BTW - Dave: I think I want to get in on the miles challenge thing, what do I need to do.

Gotta go back to work.

Hey all. Not much time but had to share.

Guess who got to run on her own bike path last night????

Guess who had an 11 mpm pace (best since 07 Minnie), even though there was a rough patch of hard snow fo about a half mile, both ways?

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Part of it is sheer joy to be on my path again, but I think part of it was holdign my body upright and doing teh Chi arms. Very happy!

Have a great weekend all! I'm heading to the land of CHeese adn Jen. WISH I actually had time to make a detour and see Jen. :(

Hey all. Not much time but had to share.

Guess who got to run on her own bike path last night????

Guess who had an 11 mpm pace (best since 07 Minnie), even though there was a rough patch of hard snow fo about a half mile, both ways?

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Part of it is sheer joy to be on my path again, but I think part of it was holdign my body upright and doing teh Chi arms. Very happy!

Have a great weekend all! I'm heading to the land of CHeese adn Jen. WISH I actually had time to make a detour and see Jen. :(

YEAH CARRIE!!!!!:yay:

Good for you Angie.

I strongly believe that sometimes you have to open 'er up and see what you can do. Plus when you push it you get done sooner, and what could be better?

Reckless? Heck, I call it fun!

Craig

OK, yes, here I am. I am no longer MIA. I had lost my training mojo, along with my sanity, but I seem to have found both. So you're not rid of me yet!

Training for the Minnie took a detour but I think I got it back on track, so to speak. I only wish it was on the track, but alas, no, I'm still weather-bound to the TM. But that's OK, I'll take it. It's better than hitting the snooze 15 times and completely blowing off training as I had been. So yea, I'm back, pumped up and ready to roll! Ain't no stopping us now!

Just a quick shout out to....

Craig - Wow, way to go! :worship: Very impressive! :thumbsup2 I'm sorry your hurting today though.

Carrie - Wait for me at the finish line, will ya? You can probably go get some lunch and come back. :thumbsup2 I should be done by then, Miss Speedy! :woohoo:

Many thanks to everyone who came looking for me. :hug:

Pssst. We close on DVC in ten days! :yay:

:wave2: , Judy!! and :flower3: Glad to see ya!!

Oh, MouseDogMom/Jackie, so sorry to hear of your dilemma!! I had a dog just like that, too. TERRIFIED of storms! But if one happened while I was a work, there wasn't anything I could do for her. Wouldn't the race be cancelled if the weather was going to be that bad? I know, they wouldn't announce it until the morning of... Technically, it's not a DNS if the race is called because of weather!!

wtpclc/Carrie, :woohoo: :woohoo: Outside AND a great run!!!:dance3:

Hey all, did bootcamp last night and it kicked my butt. I also fell off the balance ball (I am not so graceful) and landed on my knee... don't worry, it's only bruised!!!

Oh Carrie, I feel so honored to be mentioned in the same sentence as CHEESE!!! Wish you could come north also, I was planning to do 6 miles this weekend and would love a buddy!!!

Judy - Oh yes, my motivation and your motivation may have gone on vacation together!!!

Angie - Holey Moley, you are a workout queen!!!

Oh I wanted to let everyone know that we are back in a deep freeze with below zero temps. It is supposed to last all weekend. I may not feel warmth again until I travel south for the Minnie in May! Will winter ever end?

MouseDogMom, We had a beautiful, wonderful dog that was terrified of storms too. Our vet actually prescribed tranquilizers for her because her reaction to storms was so severe.

Looks like poor Mystic may have to brave the weather after all. After wanting to back out yesterday, DH is all for heading east today and at least getting a night at the beach. Maybe, just maybe, the weathermen are wrong :lmao: and the storms won't be so bad...

Judy - You go girl!

Carrie - You too! Have fun in the land of Cheese.

Angie
- WOW!!!

Jen - Stay warm - or come south to visit!

Off to finish packing - I know how to pack for hot and cold, but warm, windy and rain? YUCK!

Jackie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter