Wk of Mar 2 - WISH Walking/Running Club

Looks like poor Mystic may have to brave the weather after all. After wanting to back out yesterday, DH is all for heading east today and at least getting a night at the beach. Maybe, just maybe, the weathermen are wrong :lmao: and the storms won't be so bad...

Jackie
Hey Jackie,
I’m no (meteo, meterore, meate...... ) uh, weatherman but it looks like storms are moving through quickly. Here’s hoping that Mystic has a relaxing weekend at home and you guys have a great time at the coast.

Guess who had an 11 mpm pace (best since 07 Minnie), even though there was a rough patch of hard snow for about a half mile, both ways?

Fantastic, Carrie!!!!!!! :banana:

Okay what is the Chi Arms?
Part of it is sheer joy to be on my path again, but I think part of it was holding my body upright and doing the Chi arms. Very happy!

Hey Dave can you put me on a team?? I didn't join before because I was a SLACKER! But I am getting the miles in now. Thanks!

Becky

Hey Dave can you put me on a team?? I didn't join before because I was a SLACKER! But I am getting the miles in now. Thanks!

Becky

Becky you are on Carrie's Team, Walt's warriors. Go to there thread and introduce yourself.

Recruiter Panda:hippie:

Becky

Dave, I am available also if there is a spot left. Let me know what to do. Thanks, MLB!

Dave, I am available also if there is a spot left. Let me know what to do. Thanks, MLB!

MickeyT, head on over to the Buzzies and say hi to your new team mates. Be carefull they like to party over there.

Snowed in Panda:hippie:

For the first time in ten months, I actually have something to be proud about posting! With the WISH team yelling encouragement in my head, I did negative splits in my 3 miler today!! :woohoo: Doesn't that sound awesome?? Now, the FACTS are..mile 1-15:28, mile 2-15:01, and mile 3-14:58 :lmao: so not quite up to some of you speedy WISHers..heck it's not even up to my pre injury pace, but whoooo wheee!! I think it being 39 here in north FL (lower Alabama) didn't hurt any!! The other thing that I was proud of was that for the first time I actually wogged a whole mile. The weird thing was..that was my slowest mile!! :confused3

Jeff, what an encouraging write up for your clinic! Could barely make you out in the picture, though! ;)

Hope our east coast racers and those doing their LR/LW keep safe! Weather looks nasty your way!!

:bday: :cake: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KAREN!! party:

Happy Birthday Karen!

Anne, congratulations! You are doing it! I know how happy you have to be. Glad we could be there with ya!

This morning we had thunder snow! It is miserable and when I got up there was a foot and a half and then it has been snowing all morning. Nothing is open and they are saying that everyone should stay off the roads.

Happy training all. I'll have time to check in later I'm sure and read what I've missed.

;)
For the first time in ten months, I actually have something to be proud about posting! With the WISH team yelling encouragement in my head, I did negative splits in my 3 miler today!! :woohoo: Doesn't that sound awesome?? Now, the FACTS are..mile 1-15:28, mile 2-15:01, and mile 3-14:58 :lmao: so not quite up to some of you speedy WISHers..heck it's not even up to my pre injury pace, but whoooo wheee!! I think it being 39 here in north FL (lower Alabama) didn't hurt any!! The other thing that I was proud of was that for the first time I actually wogged a whole mile. The weird thing was..that was my slowest mile!! :confused3

QUOTE]

WTG! Hey, I wog slower than I walk too. Can't quite figure it out, except that maybe it means I should stick to walking.;)

Good afternoon WISHers!

Hoping everyone is having a wonderful Saturday.

Got out an ran a local 5K this morning. Run With The Dogs 5K, in Destin. Finished in 35:24.

Anne - WTG with the 3 miler! :thumbsup2

Lily - Glad to see ya! :)

I wanted to show everyone what my lovely DW did for me. She found the shadow boxes at Downtown Disney. I think she did an outstanding job!

wdwshadowbox.jpg

Y'all take care.

:)

Anne - way to go! :cheer2:

Karen - :bday:

Judy - can you help me get back on track too? ;)

Vic - great job on your 5k! :cheer2:
And tell Marilyn those shadow boxes are beautiful!

I have hereby dropped off my team since I can't seem to get my act together and have been way too stressed out lately. I think what put me over the edge & knowing I need to start taking more care of me was "seeing" a snake on the indoor track for about a split second. When I get really, really sleep deprived I start seeing things. Not good. Sleeping 4-5 hours per night during the week is simply killing me and I can't keep bringing my team down. Since I made the decision not to play the team game anymore, I have felt some weight lifted off my shoudlers. So, I know this is the right decision for me.

So, I hope you all don't mind me reporting in here when I can get those workouts in! Chad was a sweetheart and let me sleep in today. :love: But I slept through that yoga class that I like! :guilty: Ugh. So, I am going to do some DVD work now while Zack is napping (a rare occurence).

I'll try to catch up with everyone later today, but I just wanted to wish a
big,

fat,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

to both

Karen & Texa (Tina)!!!!!!

:woohoo: :bday: :banana: :cool1:

I have hereby dropped off my team since I can't seem to get my act together and have been way too stressed out lately. I think what put me over the edge & knowing I need to start taking more care of me was "seeing" a snake on the indoor track for about a split second. When I get really, really sleep deprived I start seeing things. Not good. Sleeping 4-5 hours per night during the week is simply killing me and I can't keep bringing my team down. Since I made the decision not to play the team game anymore, I have felt some weight lifted off my shoudlers. So, I know this is the right decision for me.

So, I hope you all don't mind me reporting in here when I can get those workouts in! Chad was a sweetheart and let me sleep in today. :love: But I slept through that yoga class that I like! :guilty: Ugh. So, I am going to do some DVD work now while Zack is napping (a rare occurence).

Kristi,

I have never even looked into the Team thing simply because I thought that would be more pressure then I wanted to deal with... And I don't have NEAR as much to deal with (Single, no kids LOL!) So just do what you can do...

Vic.
I love the shawdow boxes. I saw one of those last time I was in Disney and then they were sold out EVERYWHERE. Hopefully they will have them back in stock by the Minnie.

I did two miles on the TM last night and then weight training. I was hoping for an outside run this weekend, but I am a southern gal and it was snowing this morning... That's just not right in March!!!!:rotfl2:

Oh, Kristi !! :hug: I'm so sorry that you are under stress and sleep deprived!!:scared1: You are doing the right thing by taking care of YOU!! ::yes:: I wanted to tell you that I did Leslie's "Walk Strong" for the first time in a long while..I don't know if I had heavier weights or what, but I was some sore for two days!! I never used to think that was a particularly rough one! :laughing:

Vic, When I saw that you had posted at 7 this morning, I figured you didn't make it to the 5K..Way to go!! And, per its name...did the dogs get to run with you? Thanks for showing us Marilyn's handiwork. She did a GREAT job!! :rainbow:
SamSam,
Can't quite figure it out, except that maybe it means I should stick to walking.
My thoughts, EXACTLY!! :thumbsup2
funwalker/Margie, I'm waiting for Carrie to answer your question about Chi arms!

Thanks, team!!! :grouphug:

I've never posted to this thread before, but I take it you don't have to belong to a specific team in order to post here?

I too ran the "Run with the dogs 5K" that Big Vic talked about in his post. It was an interesting race. I brought along my boxer "Krush" and spent the first mile of the race trying to work us into a good pace, as it's not very often that my dog is around a hundred other dogs, all of differing personalities. Once we became more isolated from the crowd, I was able to enjoy the race more. I finished in 33:10...a few minutes slower than my normal 5K time, but it's not often you get to run a race with your dog!

I've never posted to this thread before, but I take it you don't have to belong to a specific team in order to post here?

I too ran the "Run with the dogs 5K" that Big Vic talked about in his post. It was an interesting race. I brought along my boxer "Krush" and spent the first mile of the race trying to work us into a good pace, as it's not very often that my dog is around a hundred other dogs, all of differing personalities. Once we became more isolated from the crowd, I was able to enjoy the race more. I finished in 33:10...a few minutes slower than my normal 5K time, but it's not often you get to run a race with your dog!

:wave2: Glad to have you here!

Vic: Love the Shadow boxes

Kristi: Taking care of yourself is most important.

I got home from out of town work and quickly went out to get in 4 miles, ended up only doing 3 because I'm a wimp and I was walking into the wind (my ears were freezing)!:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter