Where do you think DVC resale prices are headed?

7/26 update

number of newly posted resale contracts at about 160-180% of average*

For the week of 7/20 to 7/26 newly posted resale contracts at about 240% of average*

* Aggregating site is not updating so lower level is directly observed, upper level includes what is would typically only observed through the aggregating site.

On
7/26 update

number of newly posted resale contracts at about 160-180% of average*

For the week of 7/20 to 7/26 newly posted resale contracts at about 240% of average*

* Aggregating site is not updating so lower level is directly observed, upper level includes what is would typically only observed through the aggregating site.
What is the average time period?

Checking Disney Resales:

Go to Orange County Comptroller's Site Here:
https://www.occompt.com/services/records-search/
Click ACCEPT to accept the disclaimer.

Now you should see the Document Search interface

Enter a Start and End date for your search

Uncheck the box to enable search for specific document types. Choose "Deeds"

Click "Advanced"

In the Legal Remarks field, type "Grand Floridian". Note: you might get some miscellaneous extra stuff using this search. If you want to narrow the search, you can type "TS: VILLAS AT DISNEY S GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT " in the legal remarks field. I would try both just to make sure you don't miss anything.

This will give you a list of all the Deeds recorded in the period of time you specified above.

Now it gets a little tricky.

Disney Direct Sales will have "DISNEY VACATION DEVELOPMENT INC" as the Grantor. Resales will have someone's name, or a husband and wife, or their trust, etc.

Over on the right, you will see where you can click to "View Image". This will enable you to see a specific deed.

You will want to scrutinize the deed to find out the selling price and the number of points. Many title companies will include both of these.

However, some title companies, and Disney, will put in "$10 and other valuable presents" for the sales price, so you have to do some more digging.

If you can find the number of points attached to the contract, you can calculate the sales price by looking at the Document Deed Tax. The Document Deed Tax is .70 % amount of the sales price. So if you know the amount of the document deed tax, you can divide by .007 to get the purchase price (plus or minus a few $).

Now that you know the purchase price, you divide by the number of points to get a price per point. For a resale deed, you might see a statement like "Purchaser's ownership interest shall be symbolized as 125". This means they bought a contract with 125 points.

Deeds with Disney Vacation Development as Grantor may not show the number of points, but the price for Direct Sales is generally published by Disney.

If you see a document tax of $0.00, it usually means a gratuitous transfer, such as a transfer within a family, or from a husband and wife to their living trust, etc.

There are other special cases, such as a foreclosures. I can't remember off the top of my head all the nuances of those.
If the Grantee is Disney Vacation Development my assumption is that the contract was ROFR'd? Does anyone know?

If the Grantee is Disney Vacation Development my assumption is that the contract was ROFR'd? Does anyone know?
I could swear I saw a post here within the last few months where someone said there were other scenarios in which the deed would revert back to Disney - maybe loan default and/or bankruptcy?

I could swear I saw a post here within the last few months where someone said there were other scenarios in which the deed would revert back to Disney - maybe loan default and/or bankruptcy?
Dues Default or someone who it is willed to could refuse it. I don’t know how common that is with DVC. If they are foreclosed on due to failure to pay their loan or if an owners assets are seized I believe it would go to auction, which is still subject to ROFR.
Did it sell for a really low price?
ETA: I’m making a possibly incorrect assumption you saw one where this was the case...
Contracts with Disney as the Grantee don’t list a number of points so I’ve had to keep track of what units have what percent translating to how many points. But if i did that right (and I think I did?) I found 2 Beach Club contracts from pre-park closure that sold for $77 and $78 a point, and it appears they went to Disney. So I’m assuming they were ROFR’d.

Dues Default or someone who it is willed to could refuse it. I don’t know how common that is with DVC. If they are foreclosed on due to failure to pay their loan or if an owners assets are seized I believe it would go to auction, which is still subject to ROFR.

Contracts with Disney as the Grantee don’t list a number of points so I’ve had to keep track of what units have what percent translating to how many points. But if i did that right (and I think I did?) I found 2 Beach Club contracts from pre-park closure that sold for $77 and $78 a point, and it appears they went to Disney. So I’m assuming they were ROFR’d.
Interesting. I guess that was when they were still exercising ROFR.

7/27 update

number of newly posted resale contracts at about 320-330% of average*

* Aggregating site is not updating so lower level is directly observed, upper level includes what is would typically only observed through the aggregating site

7/27 update

number of newly posted resale contracts at about 320-330% of average*

* Aggregating site is not updating so lower level is directly observed, upper level includes what is would typically only observed through the aggregating site

Do we know what it means when dvc resale market calls some “relisted”? Is that one that was pending but the buyer bailed for whatever reason?

If it was a direct loan with Disney that was defaulted then Disney would assume the property, I do not believe it goes back to auction like a normal foreclosure would.

Hoping the prices are coming down across the board because the margins vary far and wide from what I'm seeing site to site.

7/28 update

number of newly posted resale contracts at about 360-380% of average*

Do we know what it means when dvc resale market calls some “relisted”? Is that one that was pending but the buyer bailed for whatever reason?
If I see one that indicates being relisted I will try to see if it was on before. Do you have a specific one that you saw?

If I see one that indicates being relisted I will try to see if it was on before. Do you have a specific one that you saw?
IT was on before. I think they are converting some of the use year points (banking) to the following use year making it show as relisted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter