Where did you get your E Ring?

My ring is a 1 carat round brilliant bridge set with 10 5 pointers in the band and another 1/2 in the wedding band...so 2 carats total... 1.5 in my e-ring and .5 in my wb...they are real sparklers, I LOVE watching the colors. My ring size is a 5.5 and I get awesome finger coverage...I think together my wb and e-ring are roughly 8 mm at the widest and 6 mm at the thinnest. I'll post pics in a second but they're going to be bad because they're taken with my 2 megapixel camera phone!

Mine came from Kay and I got my wedding band from there too, we got the matching band. We haven't had any problems with either and they are always wonderful when we go and have them inspect it for the warrenty.

My DH knew what I wanted and picked out something beautiful. It's a half carat in the middle with 6 small diamonds on the side. All princess cut diamonds. I think for both the rings we paid $1700 total, or around there.

Here's when I first got it:
100_0875.jpg

and with the band on our wedding day:
IMG527.jpg

This is my e-ring. DF got it from Blue Nile.com and its a 1.12 carat emerald cut diamond.

DSC03131.jpg

I highly recommend bluenile because you can design your own ring. It has all different types of settings and you can chose what style stone you want. They also have all different price ranges.

Wow beautiful! Another emerald cut girl!!!!!

Thanks Toni! I've always loved princess cut and thought thats what I wanted. But after I saw this ring -- I was so in love with it. You ring is beautiful too, very elegant and classic.

I'm another blue nile girl except I got screwed over. The ring that I originally wanted doesn't ship to Canada so I got a replacement one. I wrote to them and they quickly responded (I thought that was awesome) that there was a carat limit that they could export. Never heard of this but everything went smoothly with them. DF said they even shipped the ring quickly. I'm planning on getting my wedding band from Costco :rotfl2: :rotfl2: (no I didn't misspell that that what it is here). I want an eternity band with pink sapphires and they had a gorgeous one there cheaper and better quality than anywhere else I have looked.

Alissa, I'm very experienced with diamonds and I have to say that yours is very well cut even in dim lighting!

Thank you so much! I do love it!! There really wasn't a huge problem with the ring itself (other than the stones kept falling out - but I suppose its our own "fault" for having it altered)... I love that the diamond is cut round but the setting makes it look like a princess cut. I wanted a princess cut and the woman at kays told me that round stones "sparkle more" so I thought it was a good combo (I do like "sparkle"!) :rotfl:

STAY AWAY from chain jewelers like Kays, Zales, Hannoush, JR Robinson, Nassa, Jared, Belden etc...they are almost all owned and operated by the same Sterling company and sell a lot of real "dogs"...they get the left overs basically.

This was the point I was trying to convey as well. I know several people that have had problems with big chain jewelers... I have a feeling at a small shop you won't be "just another customer." I felt like I was just a name on a list there and that they could really care less about customer service. One time they received the ring back (from their jeweler in california) and DF called 1.5 weeks after they said it would be in and they said "Oh yeah, we sent it back. The stones were loose." Well, thanks for the phone call, jerks.

I've been looking on Blue Nile and all the jargon is so overwhelming! Should I go for a larger diamond and compromise on the '4 Cs' or go with a smaller, more perfect diamond?

Mine is a princess cut with diamonds on the side, just like Christinas! (disneyfairy19)

I think with the four C's, its really a personal choice as to which is most important to you.

Do you want a large stone thats a bit more yellow and dirty? Or would you rather have a smaller stone that is whiter and not as much inclusions? I personally wanted the color to be very white, so we compromised on the clarity. They say that with clarity, once you go below SI1, you might be able to see inclusions with your eye... so really I'd say try and stay at or above SI1 if you can.

The color you have a lot of lei way on, I personally think. When we were looking at diamonds, I couldn't tell the difference between a D color (the best) and an H!! So def look for savings there by going lower on this scale!!

The cut I'm not really too familiar with... I think it has to do with the overall sparklyness of the diamond, but I'm not positive. Just try and get the best cut you can... on bluenile they rate it from Signature Ideal to fair... so try and get as high up as you can!

hths again!

Thank you all - all of your E Rings are so beautiful! I am going to have some fun tonight going through all those websites... a girl on a mission!!

I think I will take your advice and look for cut first :)

Out of interest, has anyone heard of Mondera? I saw a Diamond Guide recommend them and their diamonds are quite good value! 0.83ct, Ideal cut, K colour, only thing the clarity was I1 for $1000.

I've seen the band I like on BlueNile for £300 ($600) - although if I bought the 2 separately I have no idea how much it would cost for a jewellers to put them both together. That would for sure be my dream ring :)

Here are pics of my ering and WB. I went a little crazy...it's with a very crappy quality camera though, sorry! Better pics to come. Warning, I'm slightly obsessed!

fireshot.jpg

eringdimlight.jpg

eringalone.jpg

this shot shows the bridge setting
sideviewering.jpg

e-ring and wedding band together
sarahwedingset3dimlight.jpg

wedding band alone
sarahwb.jpg

Profile shot, I love it so much...it's like a window and there's my diamond peeking through!
sarahprofile2.jpg

Another profile
profile.jpg

Fire shot of my e-ring and wedding band
sarahweddingset.jpg

Dim light
sarahwedingset3dimlight-1.jpg

e-ring in dim light
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v68
/elizabeth_ss/saraheringdimlight.jpg

Distance shot for perspective
sarahweddingsetdistance.jpg

Clear shot with a little fire
sarahweddingset2.jpg

Thanks for looking!

I love your rings, esp the profile shot!

If I buy online in the US, will tax be added to that too?

I'm on pricescope at the moment but have no idea where to go!

Mine is from Tiffany's. It is .28 carat round solitaire in Tiffany setting.

It is D color, IF clarity. I preferred to have smaller stone that was perfect than somehting bigger that was not since I know DF could not afford a big perfect one. Unfortunately, I know how much he spent because when the Gemological certificate came in the mail they list the price in there. I would highly reccomend them. They clean them for freee any time we are in and you get service there like no other place. We are getting our bands from there too.

The pic is not the best. The band complements it perfectly and we just bought them last weekend but I do not have a pic.

IMG_2440.jpg

Eeyore, start with Rocky Talky. Sign up, go in there and tell them exactly what you told me. Tell them you have a $1600 budget and want the best princess you can afford for the price. They are very quick to help. :)

Ember am I crazy or did you change your center stone to a round?

Nope, it's always been a round diamond. :) I always thought I wanted an emerald cut, but I fell in love with this one. It's a good thing I got to choose it, it's not a think like the clean, modern ring ring set with emerald cut sapphire side stones I was so sure I wanted.... Anyone else wind up with something other than what they first thought they would get??

Edited to add: I've heard great things about Costco, too. And their standards are the same as Tiffany's for quality.

Thank you!! It is all a matter of personal choice. Someone may hate mine but as long as I love it that's all that matters :)

Ooh, ooh! I want to play, too!

CIMG1980.jpg

PICT0002.jpg

Angies21stBirthday241.jpg

Mine is a total of 1.5 carats, with the center stone being .5 carats. FI bought is off of Ebay, actually! He got a great deal and I LOVE my ring.
My wedding band is 1/4 of a carat:
CIMG1849.jpg

CIMG1853.jpg

No, I like them :)

Thanks for showing your rings. I have no idea what different sized rings look like - I was worried a .5 may look too small, but that looks a great size!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter