Where did you get your E Ring?

Anyone else wind up with something other than what they first thought they would get??

Yeah, I originally didn't want a ring at ALL! I loved that my parents bought a piece of sculpture instead of an engagement ring, so I guess I thought I'd end up with a Stitch big fig or something :rotfl:

Everyone has such beautiful rings! I thought I would join in on the fun and share mine. DF got mine from Kay and we have been very happy with them. I adore my ring! We will be getting our wedding bands from there too. I have a heart-shaped solitaire in white gold. Not quite 3/4 carat.

the-ring-1.jpg

Here is my e-ring, a Leo diamond from Kay Jewelers:

DSC01247.jpg

I have matching wedding bands with DH that we picked ten years ago that I will always love too. It is circled with wheat symbolizing nourishing one another :lovestruc

We got mine at Tiffany. The main stone is a half carat. As soon as I figure out how to post pictures, I will.

ooo i've never seen a heart cut diamond!

Everyone has such gorgeous erings -- and they are all so different!!

You can see more rings in the stickey thread at the top of the forum! I even think mine is still in there!

Clemsongirl... VERY pretty! You wouldn't be a Clemson tiger would you?

Why, yes m'am I am! lol. My DF (Clemsonguy) is around here somewhere too. :laughing: I see you are in Charleston? So we are not too far from each other then! :yay: It's nice to know I have a fellow DISbride here in SC! :cool1: By the way, your e-ring is gorgeous! :)

Why, yes m'am I am! lol. My DF (Clemsonguy) is around here somewhere too. :laughing: I see you are in Charleston? So we are not too far from each other then! :yay: It's nice to know I have a fellow DISbride here in SC! :cool1: By the way, your e-ring is gorgeous! :)

Well then! I actually am a USC girl. :rotfl: I hope you don't automatically hate me, I'm not big into the rivalry (except football season, but everyone knows we suck way harder.) I'm glad to know there is another SC Disbride as well! Thanks for the complement!

Hi girls! I am a big lurker on this board. You all are planning such beautiful weddings! :)

I am not engaged yet but I am hoping by the end of the year. My BF and I have already decided we will buy the ring after the fact so I can pick out what I want. This is the perfect thread and I need to do some research. I had a question about white gold vs platinum? Obviously white gold is cheaper so the budget would go further. Would I regret not getting platinum? Which is better?

Well then! I actually am a USC girl. :rotfl: I hope you don't automatically hate me, I'm not big into the rivalry (except football season, but everyone knows we suck way harder.) I'm glad to know there is another SC Disbride as well! Thanks for the complement!

Oh gosh, I could care less about the rivalry too! I actually strongly considered going to USC! :rotfl:

Hi Emily! Glad this thread is helping you!

I would personally choose a white gold band over platinum if it means the diamond budget stretches forward.

I am torn at the moment between getting a larger diamond (0.65-0.8) with a plain band or getting a band with smaller diamonds in and a smaller diamond.

Hi girls! I am a big lurker on this board. You all are planning such beautiful weddings! :)

I am not engaged yet but I am hoping by the end of the year. My BF and I have already decided we will buy the ring after the fact so I can pick out what I want. This is the perfect thread and I need to do some research. I had a question about white gold vs platinum? Obviously white gold is cheaper so the budget would go further. Would I regret not getting platinum? Which is better?

DF surprised me with a Tiffany Diamond when he proposed.. I was not expecting it at all.. My diamond is only about .4 of a carat, but the metal is platinum, def. made the difference in price!

For our wedding bands we went over to a Zale's outlet..(they were much friendlier than kays at least here in jacksonville...) : )
I wanted to get less expensive bands, because completing my set at Tiffanys was money we don't have.. I bought a band and an enhancer for mine, both in white gold. When I wear the three together you can't tell a difference in color.. but as far as maintenance goes.. I love the platinum.. White gold is supposed to be cleaned every six months and requires maintenace.. platinum does not..

If that doesn't matter to you, go with white. That way you can get a bigger diamond!!

Thanks for the advise! I always thought I would want platinum but I am really leaning towards white gold. We haven't talked budget yet but I think I would want a larger diamond. We are building a house right now and any more talk of money out the door would cause BF head explode! :headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter