Where did you get your E Ring?

Hey there! :wave2: Another big fan of pricescope here! Another idea you may want to consider is a three stone, you get more finger coverage than you would with a solitaire. Another piece of advice is to look into palladium. Another white metal that runs a ::little tiny bit:: less expensive than white gold. Its in the platinum family so you don't have to worry about its durability but it is just starting to be marketed for jewelry and is not as commonly found in jewelry stores as gold or platinum. Happy hunting!

Mine came from Jared. Center emerald cut is 1.11 E, VVS1, another .75 ct in the engagement ring and .60 ct in the wedding band. I was working there at the time, so the price was amazing, but even full retail the entire set would have only been $6500, which I know from other jewerly store experience is a great deal. The other nice thing about Jared (no, I dont' work there anymore) is the onsite jeweler. If you need sizing, stone tightening, polishing, etc, they can do it same day, no sending it off, waiting, etc. This is true on their merchandise or anything else you bring in, so if you need repairs and don't want to wait, I highly recommend Jared.

ring004.jpg

ring005.jpg

It’s not a Mickey Mouse Ring, not a real one, I am sure the designer of the Ring wasn’t designing the ring to have a Mickey head in it, It just looks like one. Pete said he picked it because the three side diamonds reminded him of the Mickey Mouse diamond earrings I wear every day, except all three side diamonds are the same size and the bottom one isn’t bigger (like on the earrings), but didn’t think anyone else would notice. He was shocked by how many other people see the “Hidden Mickey” I seen it right away! He was all surprised, he thought it would be our own private hidden Mickey. ;) I think if people didn’t know about my love of all things Disney, they wouldn’t see it so readily! I love it, I love how it isn’t all flashy Mickey Mouse in your face, and how it still very much looks like an engagement ring, with only a tiny hidden Disney touch! :) The Center stone is a bit over 1/2 a carat and the other stones make the total a tiny bit over a carat. I love it so much! He got it from the Jewlery Exchange. It is set in Platinum.

1460331618_6845297c1a.jpg

1539108322_c5fdf21d10_m.jpg

1473791515_4cbe42feb2_m.jpg

Here is my Engagement Ring and Wedding Band:

2447369579_808e626d93_m.jpg

We got the band from Gordon's in the Mall....It is 1/2 Carat.

I have a family jeweler in Manhattan. He made the ring we saw in a store in our local upscale mall for HALF the price. It literally saved us thousands of dollas and as a result we were able to get a larger centerstone. PM me if you want his information.

My ring's center stone is .93 carats. He said that if you go up to 1 carat, which is not so much of a difference to the normal, untrained eye, the price JUMPS and you'll pay for it.

I have a size 5.25 finger.

Here's the ring:
Ring_email1.jpg

Here it is on my finger:
RingWeb.jpg

ComplicatedPink, palladium is actually a bit more expensive than white gold and a little bit less expensive than platinum. :)

Our wedding rings are palladium and they were cheap cheap cheap! Maybe we just got a bargain, but they wanted something like $800 for a simple platinum band and $120 for a palladium band. :scared1:

About a year before he proposed, my DF asked me what kind of ring I would like......I quickly pulled up a photo of the Tiffany ring that I was in loooove with.....
tiffany2.jpg

tiffany.jpg

But...alas...it was too expensive. He ended up finding a jeweler in New York, that was able to recreate my dream Tiffany ring at half the cost.

PICT0029.jpg

PICT0008.jpg

It's white gold and the diamond itself is 1.5 carats...

We got our rings at one of our local jewelers...the engagement ring was custom made.

LT03455-7-08.jpg

LT03405-7-08.jpg

LT12955-7-08.jpg

It’s not a Mickey Mouse Ring, not a real one, I am sure the designer of the Ring wasn’t designing the ring to have a Mickey head in it, It just looks like one. Pete said he picked it because the three side diamonds reminded him of the Mickey Mouse diamond earrings I wear every day, except all three side diamonds are the same size and the bottom one isn’t bigger (like on the earrings), but didn’t think anyone else would notice. He was shocked by how many other people see the “Hidden Mickey” I seen it right away! He was all surprised, he thought it would be our own private hidden Mickey. ;) I think if people didn’t know about my love of all things Disney, they wouldn’t see it so readily! I love it, I love how it isn’t all flashy Mickey Mouse in your face, and how it still very much looks like an engagement ring, with only a tiny hidden Disney touch! :) The Center stone is a bit over 1/2 a carat and the other stones make the total a tiny bit over a carat. I love it so much! He got it from the Jewlery Exchange. It is set in Platinum.

:scared1: That is SO cool!

Thank you ladies for posting your rings!

It is helping a lot getting to see different ct. diamonds on different hands.

Do you think it is worth us going to see some local jewellers here, rather than some 'chain' stores? I always thought the small jeweller would be more expensive somehow?

LOVE the HM ring!! And Jacq -- that ring is GORGEOUS!! I love the simplicity, and who can beat a Tiffany ring at non-tiffany prices!! I love the detail on the band.

We only have about $1600 to spend since we will be moving into our first home in October (renting) so we are trying to buy stuff for that (as well as trying to save some spending money for 3 weeks in WDW :laughing:) I am hoping for a princess cut diamond with smaller princess cut diamonds inside the band.

I've been looking on Blue Nile and all the jargon is so overwhelming! Should I go for a larger diamond and compromise on the '4 Cs' or go with a smaller, more perfect diamond?

Also thank you ladies for posting the rings on your hands - that's really helpful![/quote]

My jeweler considers me pretty knowledgable on diamonds. I used to visit him alot, now I live 4 hours away, so it's not as handy :( Personally, I go for a good color D-G. Some H colors are okay, but you can get a G and it will be very pretty. D-F are going to be more expensive. I don't mind it there is a small feather in a spot if it is by the edge as you can usually put the prong over it and no one will see it. Avoid big carbon spots. Rounds will have the most sparkle; emerald and baguettes will have the least.

It depends what is important to you. I like clear color. A girl I used to work with just wanted a big stone. So she spent $600 on a 1 carat round that had 2 huge carbon spots, very visable to the naked eye, but she didn't care, she was all about the size.

I have bought several diamonds for myself, so I have had the chance to get a variety of styles and quality. Earrings, bracelet, necklaces, and a couple of rings. So, when we went for my E-ring, I asked my jeweler to get in some more unique shapes in the D/E color range. While a 2 carat rock would be nice, I am personally happier with a smaller stone that looks great. So, mine is a few points under a carat, D color, heart shaped and I love it !

I am getting more in to the two-tone look, so we had the E-ring made with white gold and then added the yellow gold bands on each side for the wedding band.

Wedding251.jpg

Wedding250c.jpg

This is the E-ring before we added the wedding bands

100_3061.jpg

Do you think it is worth us going to see some local jewellers here, rather than some 'chain' stores? I always thought the small jeweller would be more expensive somehow?

You just have to shop around and see what you like. Sometimes the local jewelers may not be more expensive and they may be abe to custom make a ring for you.

We lucked out. Greg did a show with a guy whose family owns a jewelry store, and so Greg told him his budget and the guy set aside some diamonds for him to pick from. He even brought the diamonds to Greg's place cause Greg was so busy with school!

Once he'd picked a stone, his friend helped him decide what kind of ring would look best on my hand (I'm a big person - tall, long fingers, that sort of thing) and created the ring for us.

When his friend's dad saw the price he'd put on the ring for Greg, he pulled him aside and was like... "um, is this a mistake?". Greg's friend gave him a great deal, apparently.

I had originally asked for a small, Canadian diamond cause I wanted to be sure it was conflict-free, but I ended up with a .8, Russian diamond.

here is mine!

we got my e-ring and both of our bands from Bailey Banks & Biddle. my e-ring is 2.02 ct and my band is 2 rows of white round cut diamonds surrounding a line of princess cut canary diamonds.

181823837445.jpg

CM21131-24-08.jpg

CM21641-24-08.jpg

My ring is white gold with a .78 center stone and a trillion cut (triangle-shaped) ruby on either side. Then there are diamonds on either side of that. I really liked the vintage look of the Tacori settings, however they are about $5,000 without the stone. He got me the next best thing! something that no one else has

WOO HOO, did I hear that you may be getting engaged!!!!! Finally, hmmm, when will the wedding be then?, just an estimate would be fine:hyper: I wonder if I could sneak down to Disney and congratulate you!!! I am so happy for you AND you are moving in together:hyper:

Anyway back on topic, here are some pics of my ring.

It is 18ct white gold, cathedral setting, 2 CT centre emerald cut stone and 1CT radiant cut stones on the side. Steven saved for my dream ring and this is it! I absolutely love it and I will never tire of looking at:cloud9: We got it at BlueNile.

Untitled-1-4-1.jpg

Untitled-2-3-1.jpg

Untitled-4-4-1.jpg

Summer! That's a whopper :laughing: Very beautiful!! I would love a 4ct ring! I love emerald stones too :)

Hmmm, maybe :teeth: ;) We've been looking at rings, and I think when he proposed he wanted it to be a complete out of the blue surprise, so now he's worried it will spoil it if I know what the ring looks like, that he has the ring, etc... what do you girls think?

I think we're hoping to get married in either 2 or 3 years (will probably be closer to 3) as I definitely want to finish my PhD first. Hopefully, it will be in Disney World!! If we do, you are more than welcome to come down Summer!

I am so excited to be moving in together - we both are! We have a shed load of stuff that we've bought over the last year stored away between my house and his, and we're hoping to get a place (renting) after we come back from WDW!

STAY AWAY from chain jewelers like Kays, Zales, Hannoush, JR Robinson, Nassa, Jared, Belden etc...they are almost all owned and operated by the same Sterling company and sell a lot of real "dogs"...they get the left overs basically.

Definitely check out Pricescope. They are very helpful-- lots of gemologists, appraisers, etc. who know their stuff!

My stone is from GoodOldGold.com. It is beautiful. It is not large (.79 carats) but it is nearly a perfect cut. I did a lot of research on diamonds before selecting the stone for DH to buy me. IMO, a more perfect stone is better than a large stone. A better cut stone is going to have more sparkle and beauty. My stone is a D color, so it is colorless. I can't remember the Cut and Clarity offhand, but they were very good.

Please steer clear of Sterling companies!! DH purchased my diamond from GOG, but I had it set at Jared. They chipped my stone!!!! Then, the manager tried to say that it was chipped when I brought it in. I don't think so. DH received it in person from UPS. We took it directly to our appraiser. Then to Jared to be set. At the appraiser, it was beautiful. I took it back to be reappraised after it was set-- it had a chip under one of the prongs (which Jared tried to cover up with said prong). The stone was also loose, so they didn't even set it well. They offered, after much work on my part, to replace my stone. I didn't do it because they would not allow me to have the replacement stone appraised before accepting it (huh???) and they refused to replace it with a Canadian mined diamond (which was very important to me). So I still have my chipped diamond, but you can only see it when looking through a loupe...

Sterling preys up on people who don't do their research and buy an overpriced ring. Please, please, please do your research and buy a quality ring. I did around 2 weeks of research and it really paid off. Your ring doesn't have to be expensive, but please at least get what you pay for!

Here is my ring:
EngagementRing.jpg

With wedding band:
WeddingRing.jpg

ETA: I saw someone else post something about this. If you buy a 1ct ring, you will pay considerably more than for say a .90ct and they look relatively the same on your finger. I forget the exact terminology, but there are certain carat weights that are popular and therefore the demand for them increases the price.

My turn to play show and tell ... I told my DF what I wanted and I was actually in on the process. My engagment ring is 1 carat and we got it at Walmart. It was 75% off so we jumped on it. Expect the clarity is bad and we didnt know going in what to look for.

I just got my band the other night at jcpenney. its 1/2 carat. both are 14k white gold.

We still have to go look for my DF wedding band. He is looking for a black tungstun band.

misc002.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter