What WDW food did you not enjoy?

I don't like Dole Whips either.

I also disliked the food at Chef Mickey's. Plus we had horrible food at the 50's Primetime Cafe and even worse service. It disappointed me since so many people rave about it.

A DISer commented that people that like Beaches and Cream must not get out much. I think that might depend on what you order. I've always had good luck with the chicken caesar salad there.

A DISer commented that people that like Beaches and Cream must not get out much.

You know, Planogirl, I often think this very thing! We are very spoiled just by the number of restaurants we have in our area (used to be more restaurants per person in Dallas than anywhere else in the country--don't know if that's changed). But more than that, sometimes I wonder what quality of food people eat at home that they would think that certain dining experiences are fabulous, delicious, etc. When people carry on about the deliciousness of certain foods, I think, "What are you cooking at home that you think that food is good?" An example of that might be the mac and cheese at LTT--it's Stouffer's, for goodness sakes! The sundaes at Beaches n Cream are pretty good, but if you think the burgers and onion rings or whatever are the most delicious ones you've ever had:confused3????

I have learned after many years on this board to take reviews with a grain of salt until you have a feel for a poster having similar tastes preferences. You might be reading the reviews of someone who eats Banquet frozen dinners each night at home, so of course Chef Mickey's is the greatest food they've ever tasted! (No offense to those who like CM. I have had a number of meals there myself when the kids were little :laughing:)

Raglen Road was the worst food we have ever eat at Disney. Out of 6 of us no one like thier entires. The Bread pudding was excellant but not enough we would go again and waste our money.

You know, Planogirl, I often think this very thing! We are very spoiled just by the number of restaurants we have in our area (used to be more restaurants per person in Dallas than anywhere else in the country--don't know if that's changed). But more than that, sometimes I wonder what quality of food people eat at home that they would think that certain dining experiences are fabulous, delicious, etc. When people carry on about the deliciousness of certain foods, I think, "What are you cooking at home that you think that food is good?" An example of that might be the mac and cheese at LTT--it's Stouffer's, for goodness sakes! The sundaes at Beaches n Cream are pretty good, but if you think the burgers and onion rings or whatever are the most delicious ones you've ever had:confused3????

I have learned after many years on this board to take reviews with a grain of salt until you have a feel for a poster having similar tastes preferences. You might be reading the reviews of someone who eats Banquet frozen dinners each night at home, so of course Chef Mickey's is the greatest food they've ever tasted! (No offense to those who like CM. I have had a number of meals there myself when the kids were little :laughing:)
I would rather eat at practically any Tex-Mex hole in the wall here than some of the so-called good Disney places but then I love Tex-Mex. :) I still say that the salad at B&C is (or at least was) pretty good though.

Does anyone actually like the food at Chef Mickey's? :eek:

reading this thread is making me think twice about the dining plan for our August trip :confused: I know everyone has their own preferences and opinions, but bad food reviews are hard to forget. Surprisingly, several posts on this thread mention the same popular table service restaurants (Le Cellier, Boma, Ohana, Chef Mickey's, Garden Grill).

Fish and chips at Raglan Road. Barely lukewarm and soggy. Plus the music was so loud, we couldn't hear each other talk. all in all, a terrible meal.

Flame Tree BBQ- awful!. BBQ was so dry. I'm from Texas and we have great BBQ , so maybe I just expected more.

Flame Tree BBQ- awful!. BBQ was so dry. I'm from Texas and we have great BBQ , so maybe I just expected more.

You being in Texas and another pp from Memphis and my family being from Memphis, WDW bbq just isn't going to cut it, no matter how they slice it or pull it.. lol

You just saved me some wasted money. We have been to DAK many, many times--but never stopped at Flame Tree for a meal. That was about to change so that we could have a "new" experience. BBQ is a huge part of our life here in Texas, and if you are saying it's dry, bad, etc.--I am going to trust you on that. We are used to outstanding BBQ! I am thinking there is no way it couldn't disappoint...

You just saved me some wasted money. We have been to DAK many, many times--but never stopped at Flame Tree for a meal. That was about to change so that we could have a "new" experience. BBQ is a huge part of our life here in Texas, and if you are saying it's dry, bad, etc.--I am going to trust you on that. We are used to outstanding BBQ! I am thinking there is no way it couldn't disappoint...

It isn't bad at all, but - and this is a biggie - it isn't going to hold a candle to what you can get locally if you're from a part of the country known for BBQ. It is very good compared to what we can find here at home in Michigan, but not nearly as good as the BBQ we had when we were vacationing in Texas. For the majority of us who don't live in places with really fabulous BBQ it is enjoyable, but for those of you lucky enough to have excellent BBQ at home it isn't likely to impress.

It isn't bad at all, but - and this is a biggie - it isn't going to hold a candle to what you can get locally if you're from a part of the country known for BBQ. It is very good compared to what we can find here at home in Michigan, but not nearly as good as the BBQ we had when we were vacationing in Texas. For the majority of us who don't live in places with really fabulous BBQ it is enjoyable, but for those of you lucky enough to have excellent BBQ at home it isn't likely to impress.

Yeah, kind of like those from NYC expecting really great Italian food. Probably not going to impress anyone from a larger city that has lots of authentic Italian restaurants.

reading this thread is making me think twice about the dining plan for our August trip :confused: I know everyone has their own preferences and opinions, but bad food reviews are hard to forget. Surprisingly, several posts on this thread mention the same popular table service restaurants (Le Cellier, Boma, Ohana, Chef Mickey's, Garden Grill).
Boma is good but different. We had no trouble finding things we liked but some of the items do taste a bit weird IMO.

The others seem to be more of a matter of taste but to me Le Cellier is way overhyped and Chef Mickey's just isn't good.

I would say the Chicken Parm at Tonys Town square! It was like eating leftovers!
then the food at Chef Mickeys a 10 dollar vegas buffet has better food! the CS Pizza at AK was bad.

BUT all of the other 20 meals we had where great!

Le Cellier: everything at it. Everyone's steaks were so-so, the side dishes weren't as good as hyped and the dessert selection was meagar.

Also, Grand Floridian used to be our fave 1st night resturant but they changed the menu and the new pasta sauce was like paste.

ANYTHING at a serve yourself buffet is mediocre. I woud recommend the Family Style, which is cooked for your table.

I feel like all the really tasty food has disappeared from the menus as Disney leans towards "safer" and less exotic tastes to cater to everyone that is on the dining plan.

We ar done with Chef Mickey's for good. The food has been getting worse every time we have been there. Last time most of the food was tasteless, cold by the time we got back to the table, not much selection, poor waitress service and we never got to see all that characters and the CM's didn't even care when we said Pluto never came by our table.

I did not enjoy the Cobb Salad from Brown Derby, but loved everything else we had there. I think it was the texture and the dressing.

I did not enjoy ANYTHING from the Coral Reef! Bleh!:sad2:
I love seafood, but not from here.

I also did not enjoy my meals from Chefs de France and Mama Melrose. We had the Braised short ribs and pasta form CdF and the pasta and chicken parm from MM.

However, I am a Dole Whip lover!!!!:love:

I would never eat again at Cosmic Ray's - :sick:

None of the QS restaurants at HS are interesting to me.

I prefer the World Showcase and resort restaurants

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter