What WDW food did you not enjoy?

Elliesmommy

Mouseketeer
Please share with me/us the food that you would never eat again at WDW!

For me it was a meatball sub from the ABC Commissary a few years back. The meatballs dissolved on my tongue. I don't think that they are on the menu anymore, however, I doubt I would ever eat at the Commissary again.

Oh, I will never eat a meatball again as long as I live!

Would not eat at Boma again.

I can't say the dishes were gross, but they sure weren't for us. I had read up on it, read reviews here for months before dining there, and all I heard was it can be "spicey".
Spicey we love....but no one said it wasn't "hot" spicey......
Boma uses spices like cinnamon, vanilla and fruits in everything. The meats are rubbed in them, the potatoes, all the sides, even the soups are sweet. It was like eating a holiday dessert for dinner.
NOT something we liked.

So I try and warn people if you don't like those spices then Boma is not for you. For people who do...it is right up their alley.

I did not enjoy the cous cous with lamb at Epcot can't remember what restaurant it was but it was in the World Show Case.

Last week we were offered a sample of Pumpkin Fudge at MK. For the first 10 seconds it tasted good, then for the next half hour all I could taste was a shortening/greasy flavor. Yuk!

I really thought it would taste better. We didn't care for it at all.
Nancy

Absolutely the WORST burger in the ABC Commissary, in Hollywood Studios.

We ate sandwiches all week and on the last day I promised the kids they could have some fast food.

I was even looking forward to the burger, more than the kids I think.

It was downright nasty, so disappointing! :sad1::sad1:

Beaches & Cream is off our list. We went there for lunch last month and the hamburger tasted like one of the cheapy brand frozen burgers that come in a box at Costco...with some freezer burn for good measure.

I don't see going back to Captain's Grill either. We didn't enjoy our dinner there at all.

Pomegranate pork chop at Kona Cafe. I have never had anything that had absolutely no taste like this. May be they forgot the sauce :confused3

I know it's all subjective, but my duck entree at Chefs de France was the worst I've eaten. It was overcooked and dry, and obviously sat under a heat lamp considering it was brought to the table less than 3 minutes after we ordered. We will never return for that reason and the fact that the waiter took my husband's plate and dumped it before we knew he took it. H is a slow eater and then Remy came by, so neither or us were paying attention to our food. It was the only bad experience we've had in the World.

The greens from 50's Prime Time:scared1:

Incidentally I'm also a little leary of the fried chicken. I've had it twice. First time it was good, moist with a good amount of meat. Second time I swear it came from an anorexic chicken.

Boma! None of us liked it. I had read and researched on here and was so excited to try it. Yuck, love visiting the AKL but I never will eat at Boma again. I didn't even like the Zebra Domes. Probably the worse meal we had. But most people rave about it....just not for us.

Will never eat in Germany again. Everything was SO salty, and this coming from someone that actually LIKES a little extra salt on her food.

Also Kona Cafe (for dinner). The breakfast is great, but the dinner was a hot mess. All the meat was overcooked and dry.

The steak at Sci-Fi at dinner. It was absolutely gross and was not like any other steak I've ever had ... more like mystery meat. And to top it off the potatoes that came as a side were half-raw. Disgusting ... blech!

Dole Whips.

Yes it is true. I don't like Dole Whips.

I don't like Zebra Domes either.

I have three that I can think of off of the top of my head:

Tonga Toast - Burnt grease and sugar, so bad that I felt sick to my stomach after eating it.

Turkey Leg - I agree with the PP that it looks better than it tastes

Zebra Domes - I was surprised that they were cold and jelly like. It was cold mush in my mouth. Very gross.

The food at 'Ohana. The only 2 things I didn't mind eating there were the shrimp and the dessert. Everything else was either overcooked and dry or tasted like it was out of the frozen food section.

The mushroom filet at Le Cellier. Way way way too much salt.

The chicken and rib combo at Cosmic Ray's. A bit fatty and just didn't taste right.

California Grill: The specialty salad with the Poached egg on top. It started out okay but quickly became to rich and odd tasting. I should not have let the waiter talk me into it.

There have been several instances of things I would rate as 'mediocre'... but the one that stands alone as the most disgusting thing I've ever eaten at WDW is the god-awful grapefruit cake at Brown Derby. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter