What WDW food did you not enjoy?

None of us liked Boma (2 families / group of 6)
Turkey leg
Sunshine Season foodcourt in Epcot - Kid's sweet and sour chicken- disgusting as it had bone in it.

We just went for Thanksgiving week and I made all our ADR's far in advance. I know a lot of people like the Crystal Palace BUT we all HATED the dinner there. The selection was lacking and what they did have tasted AWFUL! It's not cheap either. Would NEVER go back again. Even their breakfast is just so so.

Chef Mickeys!!! I've never had such overpriced, sad food. It was like a bad church potluck. Obviously the atmosphere was fun, but the food was lame (especially because we loved almost everything we had everywhere else!)

For those of you that said Garden Grill - we actually had planned to eat there, until we went into the Land Pavillion - does anybody else notice a weird smell in there? We were totally grossed out - it smelled like bean and bacon soup at the school cafeteria. (and we rode Soarin' 4 times on different days, and the smell was there every time!) :eek:

Neither my wife nor I will ever go back to Sci-Fi. It just didn't seem like good food, even though it should have been.

I didn't like the Restaurant Marrakesh. It was overpriced, our food was cold and we were rushed as they were trying to get people through for the Illuminations. Horrible service and sub-par food.

I loved BOMA, but also do not get the hype about the zebra domes, they were too sweet and just gross, there were many others desserts that were way,way better.
the meat at Ohana
hamburgers at peco bill

Chef Mickeys!!! I've never had such overpriced, sad food. It was like a bad church potluck. Obviously the atmosphere was fun, but the food was lame (especially because we loved almost everything we had everywhere else!) :eek:

I completely agree. Nasty, cheap food.... completely overpriced.

The family next to us thought Via Napoli was their favorite meal on the trip... well, second favorite to Planet Hollywood. Take that as you will.

Second to Planet Hollywood, funny!! I guess they don't get out much.

The Mickey Ice cream sandwich bar was terrible that we got at Magic kingdom. It tasted freezer burnt .. and the cookie part of it stuck to my teeth and was really weird.

Not for me!! :) But the frozen pineapple bar ... YUM! :)

Boma's. It was our least favorite. I am more adventurous than DH but I didn't care for most of the offerings. The roast beef even though rare, I thought was rather tasteless and dry. The chicken was the same; dry & tasteless. The other food offerings, I didn't like except for the butternut squash soup which was delicious. I was very disappointed since we had been looking forward to it so much. On the other hand, the resort is gorgeous. We stayed there many years ago and I had forgotten how beautiful it is.

Easy answer, the smoked turkey leg. Not my idea of a tasty park treat. :banana::cool1::banana:

Yes. I guess I was disapointed because I was thinking it would be like a roasted turkey leg. Mine seemed a little pink after I started to get into it. I just threw it away.

Please share with me/us the food that you would never eat again at WDW!

For me it was a meatball sub from the ABC Commissary a few years back. The meatballs dissolved on my tongue. I don't think that they are on the menu anymore, however, I doubt I would ever eat at the Commissary again.

Oh, I will never eat a meatball again as long as I live!

Garden Grill at Epcot. Not that it was "bad" per se, just that it wasn't anything to write home about. And, there are sooooooo many better options out there.

My husband and I also didn't care for the Dole Whip. We also had gray and tasteless burgers at Cosmic Ray's. The Yakatori house at Epcot had greasy nasty beef! All our other meals at WDW have been ok for us.

There have been several instances of things I would rate as 'mediocre'... but the one that stands alone as the most disgusting thing I've ever eaten at WDW is the god-awful grapefruit cake at Brown Derby. :sad2:

I totally agree with this one! I was so excited to taste the grapefruit cake but it was just nasty!

Pecos Bill's!!!!!! I thought I woulkd try it again this year because last year I thought it was horrible and it was awful yet again!!!

I've learned my lesson never again.

I did not enjoy the Traditional Kjottkake at Akershus. It had a sweet flavor to it and was really dry and crumbly. Not anything like my family made. The beef was grisly and not good quality. Yuck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter