WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

August 20th will be after they open so we don't know if they will extend those. They are extending tickets with dates during the closure but just don't know yet on tickets when they are open.
My 6-day PH with start date in the second half of August has been extended to September 2021. I am not sure what the criteria are, but apparently a ticket start date that follows the reopening does not prevent extension.

Just got off the phone with VIPassholder .

They don't have any new information, the CM flat out just said whatever we see online on the WDW site is what they have
I did ask about blockout dates.
For example my pass expired May 15th and I had Gold so had those 2 weeks in April blocked out. He said if you take the extension or refund they will deduct whatever blocked out dates were. so instead of me getting about 60 day extension (March 16 through May 15) I would get less days cause they will take out those blocked out days.
He "hopes" that the extension/refund option will be available before the parks actually open so people can have their passes all settled out for the reservation system.
No point calling right now

My 6-day PH with start date in the second half of August has been extended to September 2021. I am not sure what the criteria are, but apparently a ticket start date that follows the reopening does not prevent extension.
Mine too. Our date specific tickets for August 2020 now show an expiration of September 2021.

I don't usually receive emails from Disney regarding passholder stuff. I know that we can choose between getting our passes extended or get a partial refund. Until day, have we had to opt in to one of those options or are we still waiting for more guidance? I don't want to miss out. TIA!

I don't usually receive emails from Disney regarding passholder stuff. I know that we can choose between getting our passes extended or get a partial refund. Until day, have we had to opt in to one of those options or are we still waiting for more guidance? I don't want to miss out. TIA!
Still waiting. Seriously what you read on the site is what info they have

I have yet to receive any emails from Disney. Had DVC reservation for first week of August prior to the announcement. Linked UT 5-day tickets that day (I had to exchange DL tickets from our cancelled trip the same week, we switched to WDW). My linked tickets are now showing the 2021 expiration date. So they know my tickets exist :poop:. Hopefully being DVC members and having tickets there won't be any issues with the new park reservation system once opened.

I feel a bit better knowing if for some reason we can't get park reservations that we have tickets and can use next year. But we are soon going to get into a pretty hefty DVC points overload if we can't go this year, so I am hoping they are taking care of their DVC guests!

I also had May date based tickets for 9 days + hopper that got extended to 12/15/20 when they cancelled our trip. We have back ups booked this Sept and next May. Probably am cancelling the Sept trip so therefore was hoping that my tickets would also be extended to next year as others have reported. I have been looking on and off for days and YES our tickets are now extended to 9/26/2021! So happy as now we can use them for next May if Sept is a no go and if next May happens to be a no go for some reason we can still use them for Sept 2021. Thank you disboard people for keeping us all in the loop!

Just got off the phone with VIPassholder .

They don't have any new information, the CM flat out just said whatever we see online on the WDW site is what they have
I did ask about blockout dates.
For example my pass expired May 15th and I had Gold so had those 2 weeks in April blocked out. He said if you take the extension or refund they will deduct whatever blocked out dates were. so instead of me getting about 60 day extension (March 16 through May 15) I would get less days cause they will take out those blocked out days.
He "hopes" that the extension/refund option will be available before the parks actually open so people can have their passes all settled out for the reservation system.
No point calling right now
Hope to have it worked out before the parks open? That's almost 6 weeks. I know they are in chaos, but come on.
Should have had you ask if they were using the 11th or 15th of July for the open date, since only 2 parks will be open on the 11th.

Hope to have it worked out before the parks open? That's almost 6 weeks. I know they are in chaos, but come on.
Should have had you ask if they were using the 11th or 15th of July for the open date, since only 2 parks will be open on the 11th.
he didn't know which datee they would use. Honestly same thing on the website is what they are basically reading back to us

he didn't know which datee they would use. Honestly same thing on the website is what they are basically reading back to us
Hopefully his "hopefully" was wrong, and the website will suddenly update this week LOL.
I need to reschedule my trip, but I don't know how far out I can push it.

I have a question - my friend is an AP holder (I'm not sadly). But, if they are letting folks with existing reservations as well as AP holders have first dibs at reservations at the parks and resorts - if I go with her and I buy a ticket and it's linked to her My Disney Experience - would I be able to get the park reservation? Since I'm going with her, even though I'm not an AP holder. Thoughts?

I have a question - my friend is an AP holder (I'm not sadly). But, if they are letting folks with existing reservations as well as AP holders have first dibs at reservations at the parks and resorts - if I go with her and I buy a ticket and it's linked to her My Disney Experience - would I be able to get the park reservation? Since I'm going with her, even though I'm not an AP holder. Thoughts?
do you already have a ticket? they stopped selling them.
In any case, we don't know right now what the procedure will be

Is your on-side timeshare Disney Vacation Club? If so, DVC resorts are opening on June 22. A DVC reservation is considered an onsite hotel stay/reservation. I have a DVC stay for 7/12, and I received the email.

I plan to be a little vigilante, but polite, about people that I think are getting too close to me. I do this at the grocery store now, or I just go a different path. If I am in line, I will politely ask someone if they could please stay back. Sometimes, people just don't pay attention, especially with masks on. Also, people get excited and move up too quickly and don't leave enough room. That's when we all need to pay attention and not move up immediately. Let the people in front move and try to maintain your distance with them, and not the people in front of them. I see it in traffic all the time. I don't think people are intentionally being jerks; they just aren't thinking. Plus, this is all new to us. Can you imagine how people in other countries where personal space is usually much smaller are handling this? So, I will keep that in mind and try to rationally evaluate the situation before I politely ask someone to stay back.
When I try to imagine the social distancing being a great success in Shanghai Disneyland, I recall guests moving up in line until they're touching me, shoving in my back if there's a perceived inch of room in front of me. There was a lady who wore a shirt that stated "don't touch me too much."

I got a new confirmation email today. It’s got the same confirmation number as my original reservation. I’m booked Aug 9-14 at All Star Movies. It had my dates, resort, tickets (parkhoppers) and the new price minus my dining plan. I looked and my tickets are still date based to my trip and not extended out. I only have Teppan Edo left on my MDE plans.
The waiting sucks, but I’m feeling better about things knowing I’ve gotten the new confirmation. I changed my dates in the middle of the press conference because I didn’t want to be there July 12-17 without all the parks open each day. Just barely squeaked by before they shut down the reservation system.
Oh and I did notice that even though it’s a new confirmation, it is saying payment is due 30 days in advance so I think they are done with being flexible to 7 days, at least for mid August reservations.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter