Idaho college murders

close enough to be local to us. people are TERRIFIED. we have allot of small college towns in our region-they are all on edge.
We use to live just across the state line 10 miles away in another college town. It’s sad. The area is very safe, yet this has people on guard.

Thats where I grew up. I use to work at U of I Marriot Dining Services (College cafeteria). My son still lives there and my parents live about 11 miles away. This is just not a town where horrific things happen or crime. Growing up people didn't even lock their doors or cars while out and about.
We do have two college campuses within10 miles of each other. Pullman, Washington WSU is right on the boarder of Moscow so lots of potential for out-of-town college students to bring potential crime from their areas. But it just doesn't happen. Mostly tragic news is about a drunk college student falling from their balcony type stuff, accidents. Pullman did have a riot on campus a few decades ago. Obnoxious college students against cops. But Moscow is filled with a melting pot of people. It's a safe place.

Cathy Mabbot was an attorney at the time I knew her years ago. She is the coroner that went to the scene. She said it was incredibly gruesome and that whoever did this was very angry. Blood was everywhere, all over the walls and running out of the apartment.

My family and I were talking about this. The call that someone placed came from the inside of the apartment. It was placed on one of the victim's cell phones. Whoever called did not use their own cell phone and they were not their when the police arrived.

The people were murdered on the second and third floors. The people on the first floor were not murdered. So, the victims were out partying. The underage victims partied on campus Cuz that's what we all did growing up. The other victims went out. The first-floor people did not from what I know., Whoever carried this out was not aware of who the first-floor people were or did not meet them while out, or they were only interested in the other group,

The call to the police came from a victims phone from inside the apartment. There is a lot of evidence that they have not released to the public. There is just no way someone could carry this out and leave no fingerprints or footprints in the blood. Unless they are professional at this and a serial killer. To me, it would make sense this person was in the military other than the fact they were cowardly and killed these people in their sleep. He was able to kill them all without anyone able to run. They all had defense wounds. This person must've been in a rage and just stabbing all over the place for him. It seems skilled.

If this were a local redneck, first of all they wouldn't murder people. it would've been done with a rifle, and it would not have been skilled.

There is a lot of evidence that they have not released to the public.
That's for sure. The details of the story don't even make sense as they've been presented <to the public>!
They have to know so much more than they are letting on in order to make some of the comments they have made while still stating they don't have a suspect(s).
Hopefully they resolve this soon for the families. It's very sketchy.

The call came from one of the roommates phones - not the victims.

From what I've seen of the apartment layout if they came in through the sliding glass doors they would be in the kitchen - main area of the house even though
it was the second floor. There were two bedrooms on that floor and another on the 3rd floor. Killer might have thought the other stairs led to a basement and
didn't realize there were two other girls sleeping down there.

Reminds me of Ted Bundy in the Sorority House - going room to room.

That's for sure. The details of the story don't even make sense as they've been presented <to the public>!
They have to know so much more than they are letting on in order to make some of the comments they have made while still stating they don't have a suspect(s).
Hopefully they resolve this soon for the families. It's very sketchy.
Of course they know more than what they are reporting to the public, their job is to solve a crime.

i think law enforcement is playing it smart not releasing too many details. you look at the media circus the town of rexburg idaho has had to deal with on the vallow/daybell case and all the defense's complaints of tainted jury pools b/c of the overabundance of media coverage. moscow doesn't need nor want a repeat of that insanity. better to seek out evidence and answers than disseminate false information.

Of course they know more than what they are reporting to the public, their job is to solve a crime.
I mean, of course, but I'm not talking generalities here. I'm talking about how they said there was no threat to the community, then walked it back, then walked it forward again. The fact that the 911 call was made from inside the house by a live person. The statement that they have no motive or suspect(s). They should just not be saying anything at all rather than issue inconsistent and confusing statements to a concerned tight-knit community.

I just hope they catch the killer. I have a daughter in college that rooms in a house
with 3 other girls. My husband picked the house and put ring cameras everywhere outside
and paying separately for alarm system monitoring every month and upgraded locks
everywhere. You can only do so much.

Even still I worry constantly. I mean constantly. I feel so bad for those families and right
before holidays! A parent's worse nightmare.

Last edited:
I mean, of course, but I'm not talking generalities here. I'm talking about how they said there was no threat to the community, then walked it back, then walked it forward again. The fact that the 911 call was made from inside the house by a live person. The statement that they have no motive or suspect(s). They should just not be saying anything at all rather than issue inconsistent and confusing statements to a concerned tight-knit community.

i've been watching this unfold on my local news station which is also the local news station for moscow. i've seen the stuff they are showing and reporting on the national feeds and i have to say that it paints a bit of a different picture on what is being disseminated locally. it's not like law enforcement keeps changing stories-they initially told people (esp. in the university housing around the crime scene) to pretty much 'shelter in place' out of an abundance of concern. after looking at the crime scene it was thought to be an isolated event and residents were told they could be less cautious. now-with further investigation they are taking the stance that residents need to be cautious and vigilant.

law enforcement has to release some information about it-the entire community is in shock and the last thing that's needed is people desiring some information or even a statement of 'we have no current information' going off and playing jr. detective/judge/jury/executioner. there are 2 press conferences already scheduled for this week-one this afternoon and another wednesday-they've said they may have no information to release but they want to keep the public informed of where they are/are not in the investigation. i respect that law enforcement is saying 'we know who made the call, we are not releasing their name', 'we've ruled out a number of people, we are not releasing their names'-it protects the innocent from being pulled into a media circus. in the past week this small police force has fielded over 500 tips, conducted 38 interviews, coordinated with the university (which when in session increases the town's population by 50%), handled a flood of phone calls from the media as well as concerned parents of students from across the u.s-all while still seeing to their day to day responsibilities. i think they are doing a tremendous job

i think law enforcement is playing it smart not releasing too many details. you look at the media circus the town of rexburg idaho has had to deal with on the vallow/daybell case and all the defense's complaints of tainted jury pools b/c of the overabundance of media coverage. moscow doesn't need nor want a repeat of that insanity. better to seek out evidence and answers than disseminate false information.
You give the Moscow police department too much credit. They are having to do actual police work. They most likely don't know how to handle this. Locals make fun of them.

i've been watching this unfold on my local news station which is also the local news station for moscow. i've seen the stuff they are showing and reporting on the national feeds and i have to say that it paints a bit of a different picture on what is being disseminated locally. it's not like law enforcement keeps changing stories-they initially told people (esp. in the university housing around the crime scene) to pretty much 'shelter in place' out of an abundance of concern. after looking at the crime scene it was thought to be an isolated event and residents were told they could be less cautious. now-with further investigation they are taking the stance that residents need to be cautious and vigilant.

law enforcement has to release some information about it-the entire community is in shock and the last thing that's needed is people desiring some information or even a statement of 'we have no current information' going off and playing jr. detective/judge/jury/executioner. there are 2 press conferences already scheduled for this week-one this afternoon and another wednesday-they've said they may have no information to release but they want to keep the public informed of where they are/are not in the investigation. i respect that law enforcement is saying 'we know who made the call, we are not releasing their name', 'we've ruled out a number of people, we are not releasing their names'-it protects the innocent from being pulled into a media circus. in the past week this small police force has fielded over 500 tips, conducted 38 interviews, coordinated with the university (which when in session increases the town's population by 50%), handled a flood of phone calls from the media as well as concerned parents of students from across the u.s-all while still seeing to their day to day responsibilities. i think they are doing a tremendous job
This exactly explains their competence. Believe me people Moscow police are in way over thier heads They are use to harrasing people.

I want to add that a dog was fileted and skinned not to long before this happened. People belive its related. How could it not be.

I want to add that a dog was fileted and skinned not to long before this happened. People belive its related. How could it not be.

similar rumors were made when a person down the road from us was murdered a few years back in his bed (child asleep and unharmed in another room). people claimed some (then) recent local animal killings and mutilations 'had to be related' due to the nature of the murder. nothing was further from the truth. entirely unassociated sickos out for thrills killed the animals-the murderer had a personal connection to the victim and it had nothing to do with the animals.

these types of baseless rumors and gossip muddy the waters, hamper investigations and hurt the victim's families.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter