SURVIVOR fans! The game is on! What do you think?(Remember our west coast friends)

The link on the home page at CBS.com says

"Apply now to be on the next SURVIVOR!"

And AFAIK Pearl Islands is the "next"

if you actually click on the link you will see "top secret location."

Think about it, Amazon finished in December in reality. And started airing in February. If Pearl Islands will start airing around Sept or so, they'll be coming home around July ... meaning they are already there.

I thought they worked it so that when you're really on the island, you miss watching the show currently being aired ... so the Amazon folks missed watching last Fall's episodes.

Originally posted by d.kurz
JP: that's a great pic. Your family is very young and cute!!

The footage from the Pearl Islands sure was gorgeous, wasn't it? Looks like you can sit on the beach and watch the migrating whales.

Thanks d. I am blessed to have a beautiful family..that much i do know. We dodged 2 bullets when my kids came out looking like my wife. ;)

I applied for what ended up being SURVIVOR Thailand and I, like about 50,000 other applicants, didn't make it.

My theory, which didn't work, is you have to look at the different roles they seem to try to fill in each episode; one or two "young, beautiful women, a couple "middle-aged" men or women, a super fit over-achieving guy, like Alex in the Amazon, Hunter in Marquesas, etc.... and cast yourself in one of those roles.

My resume' is not that phenomenal; some of the things I highlighted on my (LENGTHY!) application were; son of a Baptist pastor, I've run six marathons, I've got four school-aged kids ( if I ever got on the show, DW wouldn't let me go anyway!), I'm a midwesterner (the most under-represented region of the country). My video featured me out running shirtless with big snow boots on a snowy, cold Minnesota February day and I proved how "daring" I was by licking a frozen flag pole.

I think the bottom line is, I'm too boring to get on the show!

Wow, 50,000!!! Did you hear anything from them? Like did you have an interview, mbb?

I received confirmation from USPS that it was delivered, but I didn't hear anything from CBS.

After shipping costs, purchasing a passport, the cost of the video tape, etc... I spent between and $80 and $90! Most of that was the passport.

I should probably apply again just to justify the cost and effort that went into the first application!

manchurianbrownbear you should go for it! You never know, you might be just what they are looking for this time.

Good luck to Kissimmee JP & Miss Jasmine. Hope to see you on Survivor 8!

My DD wants to apply too, but I said a whiny brat from pittsburgh already won!

Okay - if anyone from the DIS makes it on the next Survivor, you must wear something lime green!!! Hey, maybe we should get t-shirts made!! Annmarie

Any DIS'er making Survivor will have us rooting for him/her! Good luck to all who try out!

(Someone from DisTribe send me those final fantasy scores and I will post the top winners....)

I saw Jenna on Regis and Kelly.... still don't think she is a real survivor.

Fantasy League Scores

Well, I think I blew it. I had some sort of problem with my computer earlier today where it entered safe mode and just now when I went to the CBS website to retrieve scores, it won't let me into the Fantasy League site without a team name and password. So, I type what my team name was and what I figured I used as a password and was still not allowed entry.

No problem, I can retrieve by email. However, I have three email addresses and it seems the one I used for the Fantasy Team is the one that got knocked off my computer last week and I can not longer gain access to. (Don't ask, I have NO clue how that happened!)

Anyway - I have the scores for WDWWDS and DISTribe. If someone can access The-Dis-Tribe and Disney 3 and Disney 5 teams, perhaps we can list the top 5 or 10 scorers. I didn't plan on doing the low one because it was obvious that some people had stopped playing.

Anyone ?? I'll check back tomorrow.
So sorry about this.

Here's the top five from The-DIS-Tribe

1 LastChance 3209
2 DIS shopkeeper 3182
3 Chess 2588
4 Grogs Team 2475
5 Tink Tribe 1653

I just read this blurb on Yahoo News under "CBS Criminal Intentions"- important part is bolded:

"Again, reality offerings were frowned upon with the exception of Survivor, returning for its seventh installment next season. While the recent Survivor: The Amazon finale drew only 22.5 million viewers, the lowest closing numbers in the adventure series' history, it still warranted renewal after placing ninth overall in Nielsen ratings. Buzz is also growing over Survivor's tournament of champions edition announced for 2004."

Bring it on! This would be the best survivor ever!

Here's the link, if anyone wants:
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=797&ncid=799&e=3&u=/eo/20030514/en_tv_eo/11799

. Among the alums competing for the $2 million jackpot: Jerri Manthey, Richard Hatch, Susan Hawk, Tina Wesson, Ethan Zohn and Rudy Bosch.

This should be good! :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

I liked Rudy. Not at first, but he grew on me. He sure is set in his old ways!

They should get a couple from Big Brother, too. (CHicken George, Bunky...)

So far we've only got 7 survivors including the newest (Jenna) ... after Pearl Island they'd have 8 (although I'm not sure the Pearl Island winner would have enough time to recover and be in prime shape to do it again so soon).

So whatcha think? Will they throw in some more folk to make it a full 16? Or will this be an abbreviated Survivor with only 7-8 folks to start with???

Based on the article, they will be including others. (See Grog's post)

Sue will be fun to watch now that we have seen her several sides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter