Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Attractions Planning

We plan to arrive (very) early in the morning at HS to join a boarding group to ride RotR and then park hop over to AK for the latter half of the day where we already have fast passes. Is having FP at a different park going to interfere with our ability to join a boarding group at HS?

One more question (sorry). If I am with a group of 10 people, is there any way to ensure we are all together in a group? Can I check in for them?

Yes, you can have them all join a group together, similar to how you would manage them for selecting FPs. They would all need to be in your MDE Friends and Family and that you can manage their details. Then you can select them all

Everyone you select to join though must be physically in DHS and have had the ticket scanned, etc. - so it can't just be one person goes early and then gets everyone into a BG, everyone has to be there but then just one person can doing the actual joining of a BG in the app

FP opens up for our trip this Sunday. That being said, what would the likelihood be that there will be FP's offered for ROTR for then? I'm assuming that if they do open up for ROTR I can change any previously made FPs to make one for it?

Roughly 0% chance the way it stands. Smugglers Run has been open for several months and still doesn't have fastpasses. If fastpasses would come out, you could absolutely change your selection.

as for FP opening up for SR is slim to none and slim just left the room but could come back.

Are we guessing FastPass+ availability for Galaxy's Edge attractions will be sometime in 2020? (I wish we could chat this in a thread without spoilers.)

Are we guessing FastPass+ availability for Galaxy's Edge attractions will be sometime in 2020? (I wish we could chat this in a thread without spoilers.)
Both of the 2 attractions work great without fp. I honestly don't think they will offer fp for the time being

Both of the 2 attractions work great without fp. I honestly don't think they will offer fp for the time being
I'd rather not have to arrive at the park before it opens to have a chance to ride RotR. That said, my understanding was that these attractions will eventually be FastPass+ attractions. Would love to know approximately when it is expected that this might happen.

I'd rather not have to arrive at the park before it opens to have a chance to ride RotR. That said, my understanding was that these attractions will eventually be FastPass+ attractions. Would love to know approximately when it is expected that this might happen.
no one knows. I believe they will make the decision when it seems to best benefit overall. As of now you can ride MFSR with short waits, especially in the evening. RotR benefits from the current VQ system as this way guests don't have to be in line for hours and then run the risk of not riding due to technical difficulties. With the VQ you can go to other rides, other parks, go back home if you are local and come back when your time to ride is here.

I agree the VQ system makes sense for this period around attraction opening. However, FP+ also has the benefits that VQ has plus the convenience of not having to be in the park hours before it opens. It would be cool to have FP+ running in addition to the VQ for the standby line. They could modify the rules so that you cannot have a boarding pass while you have a pending FP for the same attraction. Again, not until after the ride has been opened for perhaps a few months.

Last edited:

the earliest I could see it is after MMRR opens as then you have 3 new, top tier rides, that could be the Tier 1 rides (maybe add in SDD as a 4th). But that would be the earliest and I think also not until they are confident about RotR and MMRR working well with few down time periods

I read today an unconfirmed report that Disney only intends to use the VQ for the “first few weeks of operation" - but I hope they use it at least until it is added to the FP system.

I hope they use it until/unless standby can be maintained at the same wait times SR has. If you time it right you can wait 30mn or less. As long as boarding groups continue to run out this quickly I don’t think it’s a good idea to end it. The result would be an hours long line, which makes no one very happy.

I read today an unconfirmed report that Disney only intends to use the VQ for the “first few weeks of operation" - but I hope they use it at least until it is added to the FP system.

Totally agree that they should keep using it. After Mickey/Minnie opens, there will be more than enough places to divert the VQ crowds to. It just doesn't make sense to have them all standing in an actual line.

Imagineering watchers. If you are trying to avoid Rise of the Resistance spoilers you may not want to watch Episode 6 of the Imagineering Story this Friday. Reportedly they show a lot of the ride and the inner workings.

Thanks for the heads up ... at this point I feel like I have seen a lot of bits and pieces even with trying to avoid things that probably will be ok, but appreciate the notice

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter