Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Attractions Planning

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Info & Planning' started by rteetz, Jan 7, 2019.

1. rteetz

rteetz Rumors and News Moderator Moderator

Attractions in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge

This thread is about both Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge attractions; Rise of the Resistance and Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run. Here you can discuss ride experiences, wait times, ride vehicles and much more!

Rise of the Resistance

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This attraction is a huge trackless dark ride with screen and audio animatronic technology featuring several Star Wars characters including life size AT-ATs. As a trackless ride it doesn’t have a physical track that we see on the ground so you do not know exactly where the ride vehicle is going. The ride vehicle is guided by a droid unit on the front through a First Order battle. You will also encounter Kylo Ren inside this attraction.

Height Requirement –

Fastpass+ -

Millennium Falcon Smugglers Run

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This simulator attraction lets you drive the Millennium Falcon just as many have wanted to before. This 6-person capsule replicates the actual Falcon cockpit and has some very cool features. As you are flying you are in control and if you do a poor job that can carry with you through Batuu and people of Batuu may be out to get in in other areas. Riders will have 1 of 3 jobs inside the cockpit of the fastest ship in the galaxy.

Height Requirement –

Fastpass+ -

Bay Max and BigRed98 like this.
  2. quandrea

quandrea DIS Veteran

How do you think the tiers will be set up for SWGE? And how long a trip will one need to make fast passes for both SW rides, SDD, Toy Story Mania, Rockin Roller Coaster and the Mickey and Minnie train ride?

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. charliebrown

charliebrown Captain

Id say a REAL long trip.
    When SWGE opens, people are going to swarm DHS. And that crowd won't be in SWGE the whole time. DHS is a small park, with few attractions, so the crowd will spill out into other areas of the park. Id guess it would be hardest to get fast passes for any Star Wars ride, Mickey's Train popularity should be similar to SDD,assuming that Mickey Runaway Train will have a larger capacity than SDD.

Mania,Rockin Rollercoaster, ToT should be the easiest to get, but you could still have trouble.

With my limited expertise, Id assume both Starwars rides will be in its own tier, with a possible addition of SDD and Mickeys Runaway train.

quandrea likes this.
  5. quandrea

quandrea DIS Veteran

We have fourteen nights. I hope it’s enough. I know I’ll need to put HS at the end of the trip to even have a shot at fast passes.

6. charliebrown

charliebrown Captain

Yeah,with a 14 day trip, I think its doable.

quandrea likes this.
  7. dina444444

dina444444 DIS Veteran

I think tier one is probably going to be the 2 SWGE rides, Mickey and Minnie and then maybe SDD will stay tier 1.

BigRed98 likes this.
  8. ksromack

ksromack DIS Veteran

I think RDing Mickey and Minnie would be a good option since I expect most RDers will flock to SWGE.

BigRed98 likes this.
  9. quandrea

quandrea DIS Veteran

That’s a lot of tier one rides. I expect the same, but a shame we can’t pick more than one of those.

10. dina444444

dina444444 DIS Veteran

It’s only 4. Epcot has more in tier one than that.

11. Future_WorldPhonencian

Future_WorldPhonencian Mouseketeer

I see 3-4 SWGE attractions in tier 1 ( a choice of the rides, premium meet and greet or dining at the cantina along with MRR and then either a choice of tier 2’s in the rest of the park or 3 tiers with star wars tier 1 toy story + MRR tier 2 and all others tier 3

12. quandrea

quandrea DIS Veteran

Really? I always go for Soarin or Test Track. Don’t really pay attention to the others.

saskdw likes this.
  13. dina444444

dina444444 DIS Veteran

Epcot has Soarin, FEA, Test Track, the Mickey and friends M&G, and illuminations viewing in tier 1.

saskdw and quandrea like this.
  14. gharter

gharter DIS Veteran

I think the lines for the SWGE attractions will make FoP look like a short line.
    It will be interesting to see if they stay at 2 tiers, or if it moves to 3.

15. Figvention

Figvention Earning My Ears

Any idea of when the possibility of fast passes will open up as we are visiting 12/06 - 12/13. If it is open by then, will they open up a window of fast passes ahead of time?

16. dina444444

dina444444 DIS Veteran

FP’s opened up for pandora on March 24 for the May 27 opening. It was similar for TSL and my guess will be the same with SWGE.

17. quandrea

quandrea DIS Veteran

This adds a wrinkle to my strategy to stay club level and buy fast passes at ninety days out. I’m staying in January. Perhaps the ninety days will not be applicable.

18. hiroMYhero

hiroMYhero I'm satisfied with my care... Moderator

The 90 day FPs applied to TSL. That’s why FPs and Tiering were announced earlier for TSL.

19. quandrea

quandrea DIS Veteran

So was TSL opening date announced early enough that fast passes could be made ninety days in advance? Sorry to seem obtuse, but I want to make sure investing in cl is necessary.

20. Brett Wyman

Brett Wyman DIS Veteran

Yes, they announced TSL opening on 2-18 and it opened on 06-30.

quandrea likes this.
  21. fiasco32

fiasco32 Mouseketeer

I can't even handle this ride description (warning, spoilers!!)

The entire Rise of the Resistance experience is going to be 28 minutes. 28 MINUTES!! With more than 300 animatronic elements.

I'm...it's...I....mind blown.

LovePug likes this.